NVIDIA's 1GB Graphics Card
Hi all.

I've heard, that ATI released 1GB graphics card, but not sure, because can't get any information from their site.

I wonder when NVIDIA will release 1GB graphics card, because I need it very much for my new PC. I find 768MB as not enouph for feuture games.

If someone is intrested in that aspect and need such graphics card too, post reply here... or, if you have any information on when such graphics card will be available - too.

Thanks.
Hi all.

I've heard, that ATI released 1GB graphics card, but not sure, because can't get any information from their site.

I wonder when NVIDIA will release 1GB graphics card, because I need it very much for my new PC. I find 768MB as not enouph for feuture games.

If someone is intrested in that aspect and need such graphics card too, post reply here... or, if you have any information on when such graphics card will be available - too.

Thanks.

Posted 11/25/2007 08:51 AM   
[quote name='Apollo1020' date='Nov 25 2007, 09:51 AM']Hi all.

Thanks.
[right][snapback]284272[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sorry, I dont have any info on 1 gig Geforce cards.

But what leads you to belive 768mb should'nt be enough video memory even for the upcoming games?

Do you have such a card yourself? If you have? How much RAM do you have?

For XP to ensure smooth gaming, you will need 2 gig of RAM.

For Vista 3 gig. Also, what kind of cpu you have will have an impact. A dual core cpu will make a difference.

And on top of that, a power supply, that is sufficient to run your video card and other hardware.
[quote name='Apollo1020' date='Nov 25 2007, 09:51 AM']Hi all.

Thanks.

[snapback]284272[/snapback]

Sorry, I dont have any info on 1 gig Geforce cards.

But what leads you to belive 768mb should'nt be enough video memory even for the upcoming games?

For Vista 3 gig. Also, what kind of cpu you have will have an impact. A dual core cpu will make a difference.

And on top of that, a power supply, that is sufficient to run your video card and other hardware.

Case: Antec P 180B. modded. 2 x 120mm Noctua fans.

Psu: Corsair HX 750W modular.

Mobo: EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR.

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 2.6GHz @ 3.4 GHz.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366.

RAM: Kingston HyperX 3GB DDR 3. 1600

Video cards: Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X Crossfire.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar 640gb Black edt.

Sound: Auzentech X-FI Prelude. Camebridge Desktop theatre 5.1 speakers.

Posted 11/25/2007 01:17 PM   
[quote name='Apollo1020' date='Nov 25 2007, 03:51 AM']Hi all.

Thanks.
[right][snapback]284272[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What are your current and future system specs?

Axis
[quote name='Apollo1020' date='Nov 25 2007, 03:51 AM']Hi all.

Thanks.

[snapback]284272[/snapback]

What are your current and future system specs?

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 11/25/2007 03:31 PM   
[quote name='where?wolf' date='Nov 25 2007, 02:17 PM']Sorry, I dont have any info on 1 gig Geforce cards.

[right][snapback]284330[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He is clearly one of these people who believe that the amount ram on a graphics card is what defines its performance
manufacturers seem to encourage this theory by selling crap cards (x1300 etc)with like 512Mb of GDDR

And why would you use 3gb of ram for vista?
common concensus is to install ram sticks in pairs to enable dual channel mode
making the obvious choice 4gb (2x 2Gb) just because you can't use the last 500Mb doesn't mean you should sacrifice dual channel mode
[quote name='where?wolf' date='Nov 25 2007, 02:17 PM']Sorry, I dont have any info on 1 gig Geforce cards.

[snapback]284330[/snapback]

He is clearly one of these people who believe that the amount ram on a graphics card is what defines its performance

manufacturers seem to encourage this theory by selling crap cards (x1300 etc)with like 512Mb of GDDR

making the obvious choice 4gb (2x 2Gb) just because you can't use the last 500Mb doesn't mean you should sacrifice dual channel mode

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition 3.92ghz
XFX GTX 260 XXX Edition 896Mb PCI-E GFX Card
4096MB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 RAM
Samsung SyncMaster 226BW Display
Asus Crosshair II Formula Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H50-1 Watercooling
1000 GB Samsung F1 Hard Disk Drive
LG Blu-Ray & HD-DVD Drive
Corsair HX 850w Modular PSU
Custom Black Dual Cathode Windowed Case
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Wireless Xbox 360 controller
5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers
Bluetooth Wireless Enabled w Bluetooth Headphones
15 Enhanced USB ports (12 rear / 2 front/ 1 internal)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Windows XP Professional Edition
Razer Copperhead 2000dpi Gaming Mouse
Twin-touch 16e Wireless Keyboard

Posted 11/25/2007 07:35 PM   
[quote name='madness_3d' date='Nov 25 2007, 07:35 PM']He is clearly one of these people who believe that the amount ram on a graphics card is what defines its performance

[right][snapback]284461[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes this is true for the most part..... But GDDR is Made to store graphics texture, not program data, and with 20" inch + monitors and DX10 becoming more and more popular it will help and not be just a gimmick.

There IS a 1GB nvidia card and it comes out 3rd December...Link: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=52300"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=52300[/url]

ill be getting one.
[quote name='madness_3d' date='Nov 25 2007, 07:35 PM']He is clearly one of these people who believe that the amount ram on a graphics card is what defines its performance

[snapback]284461[/snapback]

Yes this is true for the most part..... But GDDR is Made to store graphics texture, not program data, and with 20" inch + monitors and DX10 becoming more and more popular it will help and not be just a gimmick.

There IS a 1GB nvidia card and it comes out 3rd December...Link: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=52300

ill be getting one.
Attachments

g92_gts_real.jpg

Posted 11/25/2007 09:19 PM   
Scroll To Top