Tes IV Oblivion. Sky & water in stereo fix by YoZJ Correct display of water and the sky...
  1 / 4    
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7567/j1475rj7.jpg[/img]
Sky sphere resized in 10000 times. (was meter earlier...)
Textures of water and LODs of landscape are changed.

Tes IV Oblivion. Sky & water in stereo fix by YoZJ v0.1
[url="http://ifolder.ru/4223488"]http://ifolder.ru/4223488[/url]

The order of installation.
1. Take contents of archive in dir Tes IV Oblivion.
2. In Oblivion.ini (My documents \My Games \Oblivion \) make following changes:

[Display]
bDoImageSpaceEffects=0

[Water]
uSurfaceTextureSize=512
bUseWaterReflectionsMisc=0
bUseWaterReflectionsStatics=0
bUseWaterReflectionsTrees=0
bUseWaterReflectionsActors=0
bUseWaterReflections=0
bUseWaterHiRes=0
bUseWaterDisplacements=0
bUseWaterShader=0

ps. Certainly, it again a half measure. If with the sky for Oblivion 100 % measure are found, but with water... Water, apparently, render with posteffects and if posteffects=on, stereo is chopped off at all... If posteffects=of, in the original we have purple water (without reflections and waves naturally) for near LOD. For distant LOD water simply is absent. Fix adds a texture (with an alpha the channel) waters for near LOD and on textures LODs of landscape water is paint... As a result of these a little similar water...

pps. A conclusion such. While the stereo in games does not become the standard, as for example a sound 5.1 (by the way, I think percent of players using 5.1 approximately we shall compare to percent of stereofans. But why that this tehnology became, unlike a stereo, the general standard...), there will be no yet a competition (when at last ATI will start to support a stereo...) we shall not see normal support of a stereo in games (and games make 90 % of a stereo of a content). For today a monopolist in stereo NVIDIA has simply pushed on this theme, leaving us searches of half measures...

Sorry, Text translation PROMT 8.0 :">

Sky sphere resized in 10000 times. (was meter earlier...)

Textures of water and LODs of landscape are changed.

Tes IV Oblivion. Sky & water in stereo fix by YoZJ v0.1

http://ifolder.ru/4223488

The order of installation.

1. Take contents of archive in dir Tes IV Oblivion.

2. In Oblivion.ini (My documents \My Games \Oblivion \) make following changes:

[Display]

bDoImageSpaceEffects=0

[Water]

uSurfaceTextureSize=512

bUseWaterReflectionsMisc=0

bUseWaterReflectionsStatics=0

bUseWaterReflectionsTrees=0

bUseWaterReflectionsActors=0

bUseWaterReflections=0

bUseWaterHiRes=0

bUseWaterDisplacements=0

bUseWaterShader=0

ps. Certainly, it again a half measure. If with the sky for Oblivion 100 % measure are found, but with water... Water, apparently, render with posteffects and if posteffects=on, stereo is chopped off at all... If posteffects=of, in the original we have purple water (without reflections and waves naturally) for near LOD. For distant LOD water simply is absent. Fix adds a texture (with an alpha the channel) waters for near LOD and on textures LODs of landscape water is paint... As a result of these a little similar water...

pps. A conclusion such. While the stereo in games does not become the standard, as for example a sound 5.1 (by the way, I think percent of players using 5.1 approximately we shall compare to percent of stereofans. But why that this tehnology became, unlike a stereo, the general standard...), there will be no yet a competition (when at last ATI will start to support a stereo...) we shall not see normal support of a stereo in games (and games make 90 % of a stereo of a content). For today a monopolist in stereo NVIDIA has simply pushed on this theme, leaving us searches of half measures...

Sorry, Text translation PROMT 8.0 :">

helicopters are souls of the lost tanks

Posted 11/21/2007 09:22 AM   
Good solution for that sky issue!

Nice work... I really hated to look down all the time..
Good solution for that sky issue!

Nice work... I really hated to look down all the time..

Posted 11/25/2007 01:10 AM   
Can someone put it somewhere else for download?
I can start the download, but the bandwith is almost 0.
Thanks,
M.
Can someone put it somewhere else for download?

I can start the download, but the bandwith is almost 0.

Thanks,

M.

Posted 11/25/2007 12:25 PM   
Tooooooo slowwwww, and archive corrupted :|

I´ve curiosity for the sky solution.
Tooooooo slowwwww, and archive corrupted :|

I´ve curiosity for the sky solution.

Posted 11/26/2007 03:05 PM   
[img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2035/j1175xb7.jpg[/img]T

Tes IV Oblivion. Sky & water in stereo fix v0.2
Shivering Isles sky fixed.
[url="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=99O76398"]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=99O76398[/url]
ImageT

Tes IV Oblivion. Sky & water in stereo fix v0.2

Shivering Isles sky fixed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=99O76398

Posted 11/27/2007 01:23 PM   
Ok, works very well. Now I can see the sky. Thanks.
Ok, works very well. Now I can see the sky. Thanks.

Posted 11/27/2007 07:31 PM   
You should upload this fix to MTBS with an explanation. There is an MTBS File Exchange section, and you can upload gallery screenshots too.

Regards,
Chopper
You should upload this fix to MTBS with an explanation. There is an MTBS File Exchange section, and you can upload gallery screenshots too.

Regards,

Chopper

Posted 11/27/2007 10:08 PM   
[quote name='Chopper' date='Nov 27 2007, 02:08 PM']You should upload this fix to MTBS with an explanation.  There is an MTBS File Exchange section, and you can upload gallery screenshots too.

Regards,
Chopper
[right][snapback]285519[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I`m not find MTBS File Exchange section on mtbs3d.com...
Forum dont work...
[quote name='Chopper' date='Nov 27 2007, 02:08 PM']You should upload this fix to MTBS with an explanation.  There is an MTBS File Exchange section, and you can upload gallery screenshots too.

Regards,

Chopper

[snapback]285519[/snapback]

I`m not find MTBS File Exchange section on mtbs3d.com...

Forum dont work...

Posted 11/28/2007 04:15 PM   
[quote name='mopheta' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:31 AM']Ok, works very well. Now I can see the sky. Thanks.
[right][snapback]285422[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And what about water?
[quote name='mopheta' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:31 AM']Ok, works very well. Now I can see the sky. Thanks.

[snapback]285422[/snapback]

And what about water?

Posted 11/28/2007 04:19 PM   
[quote name='YoZJ' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:15 PM']I`m not find MTBS File Exchange section on mtbs3d.com...
Forum dont work...
[right][snapback]285977[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm sorry about that. I posted a news story about the down time and why it happened.

Go to downloads from the main menu, and at the top, choose MTBS File Exchange. Scroll all the way to the bottom to upload your file.

Regards,
Chopper
[quote name='YoZJ' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:15 PM']I`m not find MTBS File Exchange section on mtbs3d.com...

Forum dont work...

[snapback]285977[/snapback]

I'm sorry about that. I posted a news story about the down time and why it happened.

Go to downloads from the main menu, and at the top, choose MTBS File Exchange. Scroll all the way to the bottom to upload your file.

Regards,

Chopper

Posted 11/29/2007 03:23 AM   
Any solution for night stars in the sky?.
Any solution for night stars in the sky?.

Posted 12/02/2007 01:14 PM   
[quote name='mopheta' date='Dec 2 2007, 05:14 AM']Any solution for night stars in the sky?.
[right][snapback]287986[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Stars is not far?
What problem with stars?
Screenshot plz
[quote name='mopheta' date='Dec 2 2007, 05:14 AM']Any solution for night stars in the sky?.

[snapback]287986[/snapback]

Stars is not far?

What problem with stars?

Screenshot plz

Posted 12/03/2007 04:20 PM   
YoZJ,
In your first screenshot, the separation is very high, it gave me a headache, and there isn't enough angle difference to give a 3d effect (i fixed the image in photoshop, even overlayed them, and aside from both sides being cropped on each end, are virtaully the same image).

This is the same problem i am having with my Oblivion game.
no 3d effect UNLESS i hit TAB for the menu, the menu is in good focus, and the beckground is actually in 3d!. (IF i flip the page flipping glasses upside down).
but when i hit tab again to get out of menu, and roam the world, 3d is lost, it's a flat image, however as i mess with separation and whatnot, it crops the sides as it does in your fisrt screenshot, and moves the crosshair apart (doubled crosshair).

however, in your second screenshot, it looks fine, the 3d is right on, the character, tree, etc look fine.
is there a 3D config file that you could post?
because mine is whacked, i can't even get separation to give me the 2 proper view angles for each eye, it just slides the image over, cropping more/less off each side, it's a flat/double image.

anyone out there got a 3D config file or some way of restoring game's settings to default 3d settings or something?
I've got all my games working fine so far but this one.
and this is the one i really want in 3d.. figures eh?

oh ya, and where might i FIND these game configs, so that i can wipe it out/change it manually?
YoZJ,

In your first screenshot, the separation is very high, it gave me a headache, and there isn't enough angle difference to give a 3d effect (i fixed the image in photoshop, even overlayed them, and aside from both sides being cropped on each end, are virtaully the same image).

This is the same problem i am having with my Oblivion game.

no 3d effect UNLESS i hit TAB for the menu, the menu is in good focus, and the beckground is actually in 3d!. (IF i flip the page flipping glasses upside down).

but when i hit tab again to get out of menu, and roam the world, 3d is lost, it's a flat image, however as i mess with separation and whatnot, it crops the sides as it does in your fisrt screenshot, and moves the crosshair apart (doubled crosshair).

however, in your second screenshot, it looks fine, the 3d is right on, the character, tree, etc look fine.

is there a 3D config file that you could post?

because mine is whacked, i can't even get separation to give me the 2 proper view angles for each eye, it just slides the image over, cropping more/less off each side, it's a flat/double image.

anyone out there got a 3D config file or some way of restoring game's settings to default 3d settings or something?

I've got all my games working fine so far but this one.

and this is the one i really want in 3d.. figures eh?

oh ya, and where might i FIND these game configs, so that i can wipe it out/change it manually?

Posted 01/19/2008 10:56 AM   
It is my Oblivion stereo config;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\Oblivion]
"StereoConvergence"=dword:4167d73c
"RHWGreaterAtScreen"=dword:c5fd8d53
"RHWLessAtScreen"=dword:42c2cedd
"AutoConvergence"=dword:00000000
"FrustumAdjustMode"=dword:00000000
"LaserSight"=dword:00000000
"Time"=dword:86602e88
"StereoTextureEnable"=dword:00000000

[quote]oh ya, and where might i FIND these game configs, so that i can wipe it out/change it manually?
[/quote]
Only manually...
It is my Oblivion stereo config;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\Oblivion]

"StereoConvergence"=dword:4167d73c

"RHWGreaterAtScreen"=dword:c5fd8d53

"RHWLessAtScreen"=dword:42c2cedd

"AutoConvergence"=dword:00000000

"FrustumAdjustMode"=dword:00000000

"LaserSight"=dword:00000000

"Time"=dword:86602e88

"StereoTextureEnable"=dword:00000000

Only manually...

Posted 01/21/2008 06:20 PM   
If you set bDoImageSpaceEffects=0 you lost posteffects. There is a easier way to make water appear. Go water sections and set bUseWaterShader=0, this will do same thing, but you still can use hdr, bloom etc.

I'll try this sky fix, but still there is grass and shadow problems. Grass is a bit too far than should be, and shadow lays on different places... also nightlamp at docks just after exit from prison, it's light at close distance draws on different depth too, i think this will happend with all fires of that kind. Maybe this all just because i use vr920 native driver, not nvidia, maybe not..

Edit: Just found [url="http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/Oblivion/Oblivion_%230027.jpg"]screenshot[/url] on nvidia drivers, there is clearly seen shadows are bit different, barely noticiable, still this makes me uncomfortable.
If you set bDoImageSpaceEffects=0 you lost posteffects. There is a easier way to make water appear. Go water sections and set bUseWaterShader=0, this will do same thing, but you still can use hdr, bloom etc.

I'll try this sky fix, but still there is grass and shadow problems. Grass is a bit too far than should be, and shadow lays on different places... also nightlamp at docks just after exit from prison, it's light at close distance draws on different depth too, i think this will happend with all fires of that kind. Maybe this all just because i use vr920 native driver, not nvidia, maybe not..

Edit: Just found screenshot on nvidia drivers, there is clearly seen shadows are bit different, barely noticiable, still this makes me uncomfortable.

Posted 07/24/2008 08:34 AM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top