how to update bios
Now i have a driver to update my BIOS...
Mines a bit behind :)

I do not have a floppy drive.
Is there another way to update the BIOS?

Anything, ill take anything!
Thanks!
Now i have a driver to update my BIOS...

Mines a bit behind :)

I do not have a floppy drive.

Is there another way to update the BIOS?

Anything, ill take anything!

Thanks!

Posted 11/20/2007 01:18 AM   
Thumb drive? Auto update software? What MB do you have?

Axis
Thumb drive? Auto update software? What MB do you have?

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 11/20/2007 07:53 AM   
I have a EVGA 680i motherboard.
and i downloaded this

[code]
The following drivers/files are available for your hardware and operating system combination.

Note: If you are having difficulties downloading the driver file, please make sure you completely disable any third party download managers.

Driver Version :  15.08 - EVGA Recommended Download
Auto Installer :  YES
WHQL Certified :  YES
Driver File :  nforce_winvista64_15.08_english.exe
Notes :  NONE
<<  Select a different driver
[/code]

it was a auto installer. I had to restart after. Would that update it?
I have a EVGA 680i motherboard.

and i downloaded this

The following drivers/files are available for your hardware and operating system combination.

Note: If you are having difficulties downloading the driver file, please make sure you completely disable any third party download managers.

Driver Version :  15.08 - EVGA Recommended Download

Auto Installer :  YES

WHQL Certified :  YES

Driver File :  nforce_winvista64_15.08_english.exe

Notes :  NONE

<<  Select a different driver

it was a auto installer. I had to restart after. Would that update it?

Posted 11/20/2007 01:23 PM   
No. That's not BIOS. That's the chipset driver for Vista. The BIOS is something you need to download from your motherboard mfgr. I don't know about the procedure for your board, but you can look it up in your manual (there's probably one online too).

Typically, the non-FDD method involves either a bootable CD or a flash drive. There might be a method you can use inside Windows, but I would strongly (adamantly) try to dissuade you from choosing that method, no matter how temptingly easy it might appear.

Check your documentation and follow it to the letter.
No. That's not BIOS. That's the chipset driver for Vista. The BIOS is something you need to download from your motherboard mfgr. I don't know about the procedure for your board, but you can look it up in your manual (there's probably one online too).

Typically, the non-FDD method involves either a bootable CD or a flash drive. There might be a method you can use inside Windows, but I would strongly (adamantly) try to dissuade you from choosing that method, no matter how temptingly easy it might appear.

Check your documentation and follow it to the letter.

Posted 11/20/2007 01:54 PM   
alright. Is updating the BIO's...important?
alright. Is updating the BIO's...important?

Posted 11/20/2007 05:50 PM   
BIOS is the most fundamental level at which the hardware interfaces with the software. An updated BIOS can affect everything from performance and stability to compatibility.

I deem those things my utmost priority. If you consider them important as well, your answer is yes.

Flashing BIOS takes me about five minutes, including downloading, restarting, flashing, and restarting again. Even if you're a slow reader it should not take you twice that if you're following the steps in your manual.
BIOS is the most fundamental level at which the hardware interfaces with the software. An updated BIOS can affect everything from performance and stability to compatibility.

I deem those things my utmost priority. If you consider them important as well, your answer is yes.

Flashing BIOS takes me about five minutes, including downloading, restarting, flashing, and restarting again. Even if you're a slow reader it should not take you twice that if you're following the steps in your manual.

Posted 11/20/2007 05:57 PM   
well the problem is i cant find a bios update..just mobo config update...
ill have to go go searching.
well the problem is i cant find a bios update..just mobo config update...

ill have to go go searching.

Posted 11/20/2007 11:01 PM   
Aiyeaaa...

Click [url="http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/"]HERE[/url], select MAINBOARDS, then select BIOS UPDATES, then find your mobo.

The internet is a LOT easier than you think. I googled something as simple as "evga bios" and snagged the first thing off the list to get the right answer. What technique have you been using???
Aiyeaaa...

Click HERE, select MAINBOARDS, then select BIOS UPDATES, then find your mobo.

The internet is a LOT easier than you think. I googled something as simple as "evga bios" and snagged the first thing off the list to get the right answer. What technique have you been using???

Posted 11/21/2007 03:12 AM   
oh boy forgot to reply i kinda found it 5 mins after i posted... only problem is i'm afraid of updating it,,i heard of horror stories about the MOBO crashing and not working. and with my 8800 like here i don't want to not be able to use it.

But then up dating will do wonders for my PC.
ya know
oh boy forgot to reply i kinda found it 5 mins after i posted... only problem is i'm afraid of updating it,,i heard of horror stories about the MOBO crashing and not working. and with my 8800 like here i don't want to not be able to use it.

But then up dating will do wonders for my PC.

ya know

Posted 11/21/2007 04:58 AM   
When you update, you should have an option to use a flash drive instead of the FDD. You just have to make a bootable disk, just like the floppy, but on your thumb drive. I know my Asus 680i board has that and i'm sure your does too. Is it fool proof, no but nothing is these days. Do people do it all the time, absolutely, and 99.999999999% of the time, everything goes as planned. Unless i'm mistaken, the latest EVGA bios is P31 or maybe 32.

Axis
When you update, you should have an option to use a flash drive instead of the FDD. You just have to make a bootable disk, just like the floppy, but on your thumb drive. I know my Asus 680i board has that and i'm sure your does too. Is it fool proof, no but nothing is these days. Do people do it all the time, absolutely, and 99.999999999% of the time, everything goes as planned. Unless i'm mistaken, the latest EVGA bios is P31 or maybe 32.

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 11/21/2007 05:09 AM   
thanks.
It says i could burn the iso the dvd and do it that way, so i guess ill try that.
thanks.

It says i could burn the iso the dvd and do it that way, so i guess ill try that.

Posted 11/21/2007 06:11 PM   
Scroll To Top