163.69, 163.71, and 163.75 resolution problems Stuck at 640 x 480, 8800GTS
I have an 8800 GTS and have installed these three drivers at various times and all three make me stuck at 640 x 480. I have updated my monitor driver (Samsung 204B) and I still only get a 640 x 480 option. 162.18 works well for all resolutions, but I just hope to get the latest drivers and get some performance improvement.

I have done the Driver Cleaner, reboot, safe mode, install, and all those familiar steps. In short, these drivers seems to have some big issues. What good is WHQL if drivers can still be released buggy?

On another note, NVIEW in the control panel does nothing. Also, I get no NVIDIA icons in the system tray.
I have an 8800 GTS and have installed these three drivers at various times and all three make me stuck at 640 x 480. I have updated my monitor driver (Samsung 204B) and I still only get a 640 x 480 option. 162.18 works well for all resolutions, but I just hope to get the latest drivers and get some performance improvement.

I have done the Driver Cleaner, reboot, safe mode, install, and all those familiar steps. In short, these drivers seems to have some big issues. What good is WHQL if drivers can still be released buggy?

On another note, NVIEW in the control panel does nothing. Also, I get no NVIDIA icons in the system tray.

Posted 11/11/2007 03:18 AM   
Id say you're running a default tv driver.
NOT the samsung driver working at all possibley.
Id say you're running a default tv driver.

NOT the samsung driver working at all possibley.

Posted 11/11/2007 11:46 AM   
This installing in safe mode sum of u are doing is 1000% crazy.
Never install anything in safe mode.

3/4 of the pc is not there for use or adding on too.
Never install anything in safe mode.(it's just not right)
This installing in safe mode sum of u are doing is 1000% crazy.

Never install anything in safe mode.

3/4 of the pc is not there for use or adding on too.

Never install anything in safe mode.(it's just not right)

Posted 11/11/2007 11:50 AM   
In Safe Mode
the nvidia and samsung HARDWARE or Drivers will never appear or work.
In Safe Mode

the nvidia and samsung HARDWARE or Drivers will never appear or work.

Posted 11/11/2007 11:54 AM   
Windows should automatically recognize your monitor (plug and play) so installing the monitor driver I don't get. Only need to install a monitor driver if the OS doesn't recognize it. Go to add/remove uninstall the Samsung and Nvidia display drivers. Upon reboot go into device manager and see if display device has a warning icon next to it. If it does, go to properties and click on uninstall device. Reboot....once in desktop see if Windows show the found hardware sign, if it does then try to reload the Nvidia display driver only and see what happens.
Windows should automatically recognize your monitor (plug and play) so installing the monitor driver I don't get. Only need to install a monitor driver if the OS doesn't recognize it. Go to add/remove uninstall the Samsung and Nvidia display drivers. Upon reboot go into device manager and see if display device has a warning icon next to it. If it does, go to properties and click on uninstall device. Reboot....once in desktop see if Windows show the found hardware sign, if it does then try to reload the Nvidia display driver only and see what happens.

Posted 11/11/2007 08:36 PM   
Yeah I too don't recommend trying to install drivers in safe mode.
Yeah I too don't recommend trying to install drivers in safe mode.

Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
HIS ATI HD 4870 512MB
4G 800Mhz DDR2 Dual Channel(2x2G) 5-5-5-18 Geil
Creative X-FI XtremeMusic
Thermaltake Toughpower 600W

Posted 11/11/2007 10:54 PM   
Who's bright idea was this anyway to install or uninstall from safe mode???
Guess someone's always trying to reinvent the wheel. /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />
Who's bright idea was this anyway to install or uninstall from safe mode???

Guess someone's always trying to reinvent the wheel. /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />

Posted 11/11/2007 11:07 PM   
May seem stupid but after installing your drivers and rebooting, unplug the power to your monitor, wait 10 seconds, plug back in. Windows will redetect your monitor and for me fixed a very similar problem. Stupid but it worked like a charm.
May seem stupid but after installing your drivers and rebooting, unplug the power to your monitor, wait 10 seconds, plug back in. Windows will redetect your monitor and for me fixed a very similar problem. Stupid but it worked like a charm.

Posted 11/12/2007 04:42 AM   
The samsung driver adds a
Beautiful colour profile aswell as
the correct name of the monitor displays all through the pc.
The samsung driver adds a

Beautiful colour profile aswell as

the correct name of the monitor displays all through the pc.

Posted 11/12/2007 11:38 AM   
Scroll To Top