nView Desktop Manager missing missing most dual monitor functionality
I can't figure out if I'm bugged or if nVidia changed something but for a couple months my Desktop Manager has been completly MIA

I can still access the control panel just fine (3d, display, performance, system stability, video and television are the headings there) but if I want to, say, set my monitors to different desktops, install the nVidia window utilities that let me throw windows to the other monitor, windowshade windows, save multiple desktops, all the functionality that made me continue to use nVidia for all my dual monitor clients, it's all just gone.

What happened was these enhanced features would occasionally fry photoshop (i noticed if they're enabled every few months photoshop would simply stop displaying certain dialogue boxes) so I disabled them to reinstall photoshop to fix the missing window problem but when I went back a week later to restart the window managers they were just completely gone.

I probably did a driver update inbetween....

I've upgraded drivers multiple times. I haven't completely deleted the drivers, deleted the vid card in hw manager, reinstalled the drivers and re PnP'd the vid card, yet, that will probably be my next step unless there's a fix or did nVidia somehow loose all the driver features that made them worth buying?

thank 4 any help
I can't figure out if I'm bugged or if nVidia changed something but for a couple months my Desktop Manager has been completly MIA

I can still access the control panel just fine (3d, display, performance, system stability, video and television are the headings there) but if I want to, say, set my monitors to different desktops, install the nVidia window utilities that let me throw windows to the other monitor, windowshade windows, save multiple desktops, all the functionality that made me continue to use nVidia for all my dual monitor clients, it's all just gone.

What happened was these enhanced features would occasionally fry photoshop (i noticed if they're enabled every few months photoshop would simply stop displaying certain dialogue boxes) so I disabled them to reinstall photoshop to fix the missing window problem but when I went back a week later to restart the window managers they were just completely gone.

I probably did a driver update inbetween....

I've upgraded drivers multiple times. I haven't completely deleted the drivers, deleted the vid card in hw manager, reinstalled the drivers and re PnP'd the vid card, yet, that will probably be my next step unless there's a fix or did nVidia somehow loose all the driver features that made them worth buying?

thank 4 any help

Posted 10/26/2007 07:07 PM   
I had the same problem after updating my drivers. Anyone know what's going on?
I had the same problem after updating my drivers. Anyone know what's going on?

Posted 12/04/2007 07:54 PM   
I lost the nView manager too after upgrading to a new computer with FX 3500 from one with a fx 3450. It also has newer drivers (forceware 84.26). Looking at the older settings, forceware 81.76 had nView manager.
I lost the nView manager too after upgrading to a new computer with FX 3500 from one with a fx 3450. It also has newer drivers (forceware 84.26). Looking at the older settings, forceware 81.76 had nView manager.

Posted 12/05/2007 01:55 PM   
Yeah, I've been having the same problems, I stay up to date with the forceware drivers and then I began having framerate issues when I moved my mouse in games, so I uninstalled all drivers etc. and reinstalled the latest forceware drivers and now I as well am missing all of my desktop manager utilities. I don't have dual monitors but I had two desktops running, one with a low res for my parents to use because they can't read the small print and one with a higher res and different icons for me and I switched back and forth between them, and now I can't do that, what gives? did something get removed in the newer forceware drivers?
Yeah, I've been having the same problems, I stay up to date with the forceware drivers and then I began having framerate issues when I moved my mouse in games, so I uninstalled all drivers etc. and reinstalled the latest forceware drivers and now I as well am missing all of my desktop manager utilities. I don't have dual monitors but I had two desktops running, one with a low res for my parents to use because they can't read the small print and one with a higher res and different icons for me and I switched back and forth between them, and now I can't do that, what gives? did something get removed in the newer forceware drivers?

Posted 04/11/2009 08:03 PM   
Scroll To Top