blue screen of death (after latest driver update) 8800 GTX driver crash
I built a rig 5 weeks ago that has been working great until the most recent driver update.

Last night I was playing TF2 (Team Fortress 2) for hours. I took a break and when I returned I noticed that Steam, TF2 and Portal had updates. I restarted Steam and it told me that there was a driver update for my video card (8800 gtx). So I updated my drivers.

Now every time I launch ANY game or Video I get a flash of a blue screen and the computer restarts.

Here are my specs:

Asus p5k Deluxe
Intel q6600 Quad Core
Asus 8800 GTX Video Card
Win XP
1000 Watt Enermax PSU

Anyone else having this issue?

PS (I have tried rolling back the drivers and I get the same result also at idle my computer is at 30c)
I built a rig 5 weeks ago that has been working great until the most recent driver update.

Last night I was playing TF2 (Team Fortress 2) for hours. I took a break and when I returned I noticed that Steam, TF2 and Portal had updates. I restarted Steam and it told me that there was a driver update for my video card (8800 gtx). So I updated my drivers.

Now every time I launch ANY game or Video I get a flash of a blue screen and the computer restarts.

Here are my specs:

Asus p5k Deluxe

Intel q6600 Quad Core

Asus 8800 GTX Video Card

Win XP

1000 Watt Enermax PSU

Anyone else having this issue?

PS (I have tried rolling back the drivers and I get the same result also at idle my computer is at 30c)

Posted 10/26/2007 06:07 PM   
Scroll To Top