Gateway gt5426e- Win xp Nforce4 raid for XP error
Ok heres the deal: I bought a reman system that was quite cheep but spec'd ok...and would cost me more than this to build one similiar..pretty much more.....decent.. its a Gateway gt5426e came with win Vista ... System specs as now are athlon fx 64 bit 5200+..,2 gig ddr2 pc5300=sata2 320 gig hd..I threw a geforce 7900 GS Ko vid card, Changed power supply to a xltra xfinityx2 600w ..dvdrw(optiplex...)RIGHT NOW: I have a raid set up I want to use-(2 seagate sata drives -matchingstriping-RAID0 setup) that I had in older pc.. ,,vista find em ok.. got bios to find em ok..... well cool.. but rec as a new array, stuff(OS) not visible...so I wipe em clean to do a clean install of XP..... I unplugge dthe sata2 and focused on installing xp on array.. every thing goe sok until the FINAL FINAL stages when XP finishing,, and BSOD... keep ssaying remove/update drive controller or drive corrupt.. I never got disk with mobo : :( ( Ive tried all but the 6.67 ver drivers out there and using f6 method.. (just dled 6.67 to try tonight) I CANNOT get this to work.. the mobo shows as a ECS ECS MCP61-P AM Rev 1
Geforce6100 and Nforce430 chipsets......

Besides buying a new mobo and redoing it anyone give me any specific 1 on 1 help ... ???
Ok heres the deal: I bought a reman system that was quite cheep but spec'd ok...and would cost me more than this to build one similiar..pretty much more.....decent.. its a Gateway gt5426e came with win Vista ... System specs as now are athlon fx 64 bit 5200+..,2 gig ddr2 pc5300=sata2 320 gig hd..I threw a geforce 7900 GS Ko vid card, Changed power supply to a xltra xfinityx2 600w ..dvdrw(optiplex...)RIGHT NOW: I have a raid set up I want to use-(2 seagate sata drives -matchingstriping-RAID0 setup) that I had in older pc.. ,,vista find em ok.. got bios to find em ok..... well cool.. but rec as a new array, stuff(OS) not visible...so I wipe em clean to do a clean install of XP..... I unplugge dthe sata2 and focused on installing xp on array.. every thing goe sok until the FINAL FINAL stages when XP finishing,, and BSOD... keep ssaying remove/update drive controller or drive corrupt.. I never got disk with mobo : :( ( Ive tried all but the 6.67 ver drivers out there and using f6 method.. (just dled 6.67 to try tonight) I CANNOT get this to work.. the mobo shows as a ECS ECS MCP61-P AM Rev 1

Besides buying a new mobo and redoing it anyone give me any specific 1 on 1 help ... ???

Posted 10/13/2007 03:22 AM   
[SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]ANYONE?????????????????????/ :'( :unsure: /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' /> :huh: /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' />

[quote name='alfieboy' date='Oct 12 2007, 11:22 PM']Ok heres the deal: I bought a reman system that was quite cheep but spec'd ok...and would cost me more than this to build one similiar..pretty much more.....decent.. its a Gateway gt5426e came with win Vista ... System specs as now are athlon fx 64 bit 5200+..,2 gig ddr2 pc5300=sata2 320 gig hd..I threw a geforce 7900 GS Ko vid card, Changed power supply to a xltra xfinityx2 600w ..dvdrw(optiplex...)RIGHT NOW: I have a raid set up I want to use-(2 seagate sata drives -matchingstriping-RAID0 setup) that I had in older pc.. ,,vista find em ok.. got bios to find em ok..... well cool.. but rec as a new array, stuff(OS) not visible...so I wipe em clean to do a clean install of XP..... I unplugge dthe sata2 and focused on installing xp on array.. every thing goe sok until the FINAL FINAL stages when XP finishing,, and BSOD... keep ssaying remove/update drive controller or drive corrupt.. I never got disk with mobo : :( (    Ive tried all but the 6.67 ver drivers out there and using f6 method.. (just dled 6.67 to try tonight) I CANNOT get this to work.. the mobo shows as a ECS ECS MCP61-P AM Rev 1

[right][snapback]264258[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]ANYONE?????????????????????/ :'( :unsure: /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' /> :huh: /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' />

[quote name='alfieboy' date='Oct 12 2007, 11:22 PM']Ok heres the deal: I bought a reman system that was quite cheep but spec'd ok...and would cost me more than this to build one similiar..pretty much more.....decent.. its a Gateway gt5426e came with win Vista ... System specs as now are athlon fx 64 bit 5200+..,2 gig ddr2 pc5300=sata2 320 gig hd..I threw a geforce 7900 GS Ko vid card, Changed power supply to a xltra xfinityx2 600w ..dvdrw(optiplex...)RIGHT NOW: I have a raid set up I want to use-(2 seagate sata drives -matchingstriping-RAID0 setup) that I had in older pc.. ,,vista find em ok.. got bios to find em ok..... well cool.. but rec as a new array, stuff(OS) not visible...so I wipe em clean to do a clean install of XP..... I unplugge dthe sata2 and focused on installing xp on array.. every thing goe sok until the FINAL FINAL stages when XP finishing,, and BSOD... keep ssaying remove/update drive controller or drive corrupt.. I never got disk with mobo : :( (    Ive tried all but the 6.67 ver drivers out there and using f6 method.. (just dled 6.67 to try tonight) I CANNOT get this to work.. the mobo shows as a ECS ECS MCP61-P AM Rev 1

[snapback]264258[/snapback]

Posted 10/14/2007 03:01 PM   

[/quote]

OK did it my way... installed xp on a 40 gig ide drive.... used acronis to image it to the partition on raid 0.. presto..done..
But I have 2 problems I cannot get to work... in device manager.. I have 2 exclamation points.. I have tried what I have to no avail.. I got ethernet and sound, the cardreader working but I have a SM bus controller with a ! and I have a pci device with a !.... if anyone can help my with resolving those I would greatly appreciate.. with all my heart.. Even willing to send a small donation if needed to resolve these issues..

Rick

OK did it my way... installed xp on a 40 gig ide drive.... used acronis to image it to the partition on raid 0.. presto..done..

But I have 2 problems I cannot get to work... in device manager.. I have 2 exclamation points.. I have tried what I have to no avail.. I got ethernet and sound, the cardreader working but I have a SM bus controller with a ! and I have a pci device with a !.... if anyone can help my with resolving those I would greatly appreciate.. with all my heart.. Even willing to send a small donation if needed to resolve these issues..

Rick

Posted 10/29/2007 04:25 AM   

[/quote]

dug internet...fixed it all.. thanks fernandofor assisting me in any way you could..truly appreciated!..tY again...

dug internet...fixed it all.. thanks fernandofor assisting me in any way you could..truly appreciated!..tY again...

Posted 10/29/2007 06:43 AM   
[quote name='alfieboy' date='Oct 12 2007, 07:22 PM']Ok heres the deal: I bought a reman system that was quite cheep but spec'd ok...and would cost me more than this to build one similiar..pretty much more.....decent.. its a Gateway gt5426e came with win Vista ... System specs as now are athlon fx 64 bit 5200+..,2 gig ddr2 pc5300=sata2 320 gig hd..I threw a geforce 7900 GS Ko vid card, Changed power supply to a xltra xfinityx2 600w ..dvdrw(optiplex...)RIGHT NOW: I have a raid set up I want to use-(2 seagate sata drives -matchingstriping-RAID0 setup) that I had in older pc.. ,,vista find em ok.. got bios to find em ok..... well cool.. but rec as a new array, stuff(OS) not visible...so I wipe em clean to do a clean install of XP..... I unplugge dthe sata2 and focused on installing xp on array.. every thing goe sok until the FINAL FINAL stages when XP finishing,, and BSOD... keep ssaying remove/update drive controller or drive corrupt.. I never got disk with mobo : :( (    Ive tried all but the 6.67 ver drivers out there and using f6 method.. (just dled 6.67 to try tonight) I CANNOT get this to work.. the mobo shows as a ECS ECS MCP61-P AM Rev 1

]

did you ever get this figured out? I cant seem to get my ethernet or sound working and I too have the PCI Device and the SM Bus Controller problem...

this is really bugging me!
[/quote]
[quote name='alfieboy' date='Oct 12 2007, 07:22 PM']Ok heres the deal: I bought a reman system that was quite cheep but spec'd ok...and would cost me more than this to build one similiar..pretty much more.....decent.. its a Gateway gt5426e came with win Vista ... System specs as now are athlon fx 64 bit 5200+..,2 gig ddr2 pc5300=sata2 320 gig hd..I threw a geforce 7900 GS Ko vid card, Changed power supply to a xltra xfinityx2 600w ..dvdrw(optiplex...)RIGHT NOW: I have a raid set up I want to use-(2 seagate sata drives -matchingstriping-RAID0 setup) that I had in older pc.. ,,vista find em ok.. got bios to find em ok..... well cool.. but rec as a new array, stuff(OS) not visible...so I wipe em clean to do a clean install of XP..... I unplugge dthe sata2 and focused on installing xp on array.. every thing goe sok until the FINAL FINAL stages when XP finishing,, and BSOD... keep ssaying remove/update drive controller or drive corrupt.. I never got disk with mobo : :( (    Ive tried all but the 6.67 ver drivers out there and using f6 method.. (just dled 6.67 to try tonight) I CANNOT get this to work.. the mobo shows as a ECS ECS MCP61-P AM Rev 1

]

did you ever get this figured out? I cant seem to get my ethernet or sound working and I too have the PCI Device and the SM Bus Controller problem...

this is really bugging me!

Posted 12/14/2007 04:31 PM   
Scroll To Top