AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 4GB
GIGABYTE GA-K8N Pro-SLI 939
SILVERSTONE DA800 800W PSU
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Like you, i tried out all the different levels of hardware acceleration (altered via the control panel display applet, and via the dxdiag application), combined with the different compatibility modes.
- I tried the unpatched and patched versions.
- I tried different levels of process priority and tried setting the process CPU affinity to just a single CPU via the Task Manager.
- I actually figured it could be a problem with the Securom protection, and tried using a game .exe that wouldn't use it. That didn't work, so i went and removed the protection from the original file manually.
- I tried A LOT of combinations of all of the above, all to no avail.
-Some of these combinations actually allowed a bit more play-before-crash, but since the first moment after seeing the scrambled menu text, i figured it was a problem with the graphic card.
You must Log In to send a PM.
New Private Message
You must Log In to add a comment.
Like Us On
Follow Us On
Copyright © 2017 NVIDIA Corporation