GeForce 8, Vista & "Force antialiasing" Problems with antialiasing forcing
Hi,

Here is my computer system config :

- Vista Business 32 bits
- (XFX) GeForce 8800 GTS 320Mo
- ForceWare Release 163.69 WHQL
- Vista Hotfix kb940105 (graphics virtual Address problems)

I tried ten different ways to force the antialiasing in my games who don't give options about this such as : Pro Evolution Soccer 6, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 DEMO, BioShock. But it doesn't work !

The antialiasing works perfectly in Counter-Strike : Source, Red Orchestra or ET : Quake Wars (three games with antialiasing options).

Here is my nVidia panel parameters ("sorry" I am a French user) :

[img]http://davleouf.9online.fr/Problem.jpg[/img]

On my old PC with a GeForce 7600GT (on AGP port) and ForceWare 163.71 WHQL it works perfectly in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 or 2008 Demo (I didn't try BioShock, too low config).

Thanks for helping me, I can't find any topic about this problem.

:(

PS : By the way, I still don't understand why I can't see the GPU temperature in the control panel with a GeForce 8 & Vista, something I can't do with a "old" AGP 7600GT and Windows XP ...
Hi,

Here is my computer system config :

- Vista Business 32 bits

- (XFX) GeForce 8800 GTS 320Mo

- ForceWare Release 163.69 WHQL

- Vista Hotfix kb940105 (graphics virtual Address problems)

I tried ten different ways to force the antialiasing in my games who don't give options about this such as : Pro Evolution Soccer 6, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 DEMO, BioShock. But it doesn't work !

The antialiasing works perfectly in Counter-Strike : Source, Red Orchestra or ET : Quake Wars (three games with antialiasing options).

Here is my nVidia panel parameters ("sorry" I am a French user) :

On my old PC with a GeForce 7600GT (on AGP port) and ForceWare 163.71 WHQL it works perfectly in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 or 2008 Demo (I didn't try BioShock, too low config).

Thanks for helping me, I can't find any topic about this problem.

PS : By the way, I still don't understand why I can't see the GPU temperature in the control panel with a GeForce 8 & Vista, something I can't do with a "old" AGP 7600GT and Windows XP ...

Posted 09/30/2007 10:44 PM   
With Bioshock, AA can only be enabled when in dx9 mode. If playing in dx10 mode there is no way to force AA. Follow this link for more details.
[url="http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_5.html"]http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_5.html[/url]
With Bioshock, AA can only be enabled when in dx9 mode. If playing in dx10 mode there is no way to force AA. Follow this link for more details.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_5.html

Posted 09/30/2007 10:57 PM   
I don't read French, but I know the AA option you want will say something like "Override the applications settings". But not all games will run AA, just a fact of life. There are a couple other hotfixes for Vista, not sure if they will help or not.

I've heard ppl say great things about the nHancer program working wonders with AA, might wanna give it a try.
I don't read French, but I know the AA option you want will say something like "Override the applications settings". But not all games will run AA, just a fact of life. There are a couple other hotfixes for Vista, not sure if they will help or not.

I've heard ppl say great things about the nHancer program working wonders with AA, might wanna give it a try.

Posted 09/30/2007 11:16 PM   
nHancer doesn't work under vista with 163.69 WHQL drivers. I am unable not to see this awful stairs on every 3d meshes.

I was just thinking Direct X 10 & Vista are really useless for gaming ? I bought a 300$ nVidia graphic card and I can't even have antialiasing in most of the "not only for PC games" because the "made too quick" nVidia Vista drivers gives only half of the features you have on Windows XP drivers …

I understand why all games are "cross-platform". Developed on a PC for an Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3, it permits you to cut off half graphical options for real gamers? Yes, only PC games are awesome graphically ... and that’s why I play on a PC : a mouse, high resolutions & antialiasing. It’s still useless to buy an FPS 70$ (such as BioShock, which seems to be the best FPS/RPG ever) to play with a gamepad.

Thanks nVidia, Microsoft & and all the others for your awesome marketing strategies, tough without any considerations for what you’ll use the product for. No French support? Are we just nothing in this world? We're about 60 millions! 1/5 of United States ! 1/20 of China !

:D

It seems there is no solutions for this problem and nVidia seems to be really involve in his own forum or real problems. DirectX 10 and nVidia Vista drivers are unable to force antialiasiong anywhere : useless.

/argh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':argh:' />
nHancer doesn't work under vista with 163.69 WHQL drivers. I am unable not to see this awful stairs on every 3d meshes.

I was just thinking Direct X 10 & Vista are really useless for gaming ? I bought a 300$ nVidia graphic card and I can't even have antialiasing in most of the "not only for PC games" because the "made too quick" nVidia Vista drivers gives only half of the features you have on Windows XP drivers …

I understand why all games are "cross-platform". Developed on a PC for an Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3, it permits you to cut off half graphical options for real gamers? Yes, only PC games are awesome graphically ... and that’s why I play on a PC : a mouse, high resolutions & antialiasing. It’s still useless to buy an FPS 70$ (such as BioShock, which seems to be the best FPS/RPG ever) to play with a gamepad.

Thanks nVidia, Microsoft & and all the others for your awesome marketing strategies, tough without any considerations for what you’ll use the product for. No French support? Are we just nothing in this world? We're about 60 millions! 1/5 of United States ! 1/20 of China !

:D

It seems there is no solutions for this problem and nVidia seems to be really involve in his own forum or real problems. DirectX 10 and nVidia Vista drivers are unable to force antialiasiong anywhere : useless.

/argh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':argh:' />

Posted 10/01/2007 03:05 PM   
Stop blaming Vista, Nvidia or the cards.

Bioshock uses Unreal Engine 3 and unreal engine 3 support AA only for directx 10 mode because of its uses of a lighting known as deferred lighting. In short, HDR + AA, never possible on older Nvidia cards.

However, in bioshock, the developers did not implement AA for directx 10 mode or has disabled it.

As for the other games, i'm also sure that they too had disabled AA or can't support it. It is always application fault when there is no AA supported.
Stop blaming Vista, Nvidia or the cards.

Bioshock uses Unreal Engine 3 and unreal engine 3 support AA only for directx 10 mode because of its uses of a lighting known as deferred lighting. In short, HDR + AA, never possible on older Nvidia cards.

However, in bioshock, the developers did not implement AA for directx 10 mode or has disabled it.

As for the other games, i'm also sure that they too had disabled AA or can't support it. It is always application fault when there is no AA supported.

My New Rig/Current Rig

<span style='color:blue'>

Core i7 2600 with Antec H620 Liquid Cooler

Asus P8P87 (Normal) B2 stepping.

4x4GB G.Skill Ripjawz 1600Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 580 1.5GB

2x Western Digital Black 640 (RAID 0)

1x Western Digital Black 500GB (backup)

Pioneer DVD-Writer Drive.

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Antec 850W Quattro TruePower

CoolerMaster HAF 932

</span>

I don't run over clocked system. I play by stock clock and I'm proud of it.

Posted 10/01/2007 05:13 PM   
[quote name='DKman' date='Sep 30 2007, 11:44 PM']On my old PC with a GeForce 7600GT (on AGP port) and ForceWare 163.71 WHQL it works perfectly in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 or 2008 Demo
[/quote]

AA works in every of my games under Windows XP with DX9.

The truth is : nVidia + Vista still looks like beta tests. I want the GPU temp in the control panel and AA everywhere that is not DX10, at least.
[quote name='DKman' date='Sep 30 2007, 11:44 PM']On my old PC with a GeForce 7600GT (on AGP port) and ForceWare 163.71 WHQL it works perfectly in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 or 2008 Demo

AA works in every of my games under Windows XP with DX9.

The truth is : nVidia + Vista still looks like beta tests. I want the GPU temp in the control panel and AA everywhere that is not DX10, at least.

Posted 10/01/2007 05:25 PM   
I am still unable to force Anti-Aliasing in PES 2008 (DX9 game) or even BioShock (DX10 game with a "special render" of light which unables the AA) with the latest drivers: 169.09 beta

Nvidia keeps thinking 3D filters are useless under DX9 or DX10 in every game? I should just remember what are every GeForce 8 is built for... filter high resolution 3D calculations...
I am still unable to force Anti-Aliasing in PES 2008 (DX9 game) or even BioShock (DX10 game with a "special render" of light which unables the AA) with the latest drivers: 169.09 beta

Nvidia keeps thinking 3D filters are useless under DX9 or DX10 in every game? I should just remember what are every GeForce 8 is built for... filter high resolution 3D calculations...

Posted 11/19/2007 01:13 AM   
Scroll To Top