World in Conflict crashes randomly 163.69 drivers
  1 / 2    
I have bougth the game and the game freezes or crashes randomly and constantly when i am playing at multiplayer (singleplayer not proved). It is not a problem of my computer beacause is powerfull and runs great the latest pc games. It is not the temperature of the GPU because i am monitorizing it. I have passed a memtest and everything is OK.

E6600
Asus P5B
2x1GB 667
XFX 8800 GTS 320MB (with the last beta driver that you recommend 163.69)
Windows XP

Screenshots of the crash (in Spanish):
[url="http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorwicgy5.png"][img]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9805/errorwicgy5.th.png[/img][/url]

Details of the error
[url="http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorwic2yi6.png"][img]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2514/errorwic2yi6.th.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorwic3hg8.png"][img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5165/errorwic3hg8.th.png[/img][/url]

The demo also crashed randomly. I have sent the dxdiag and debug file to demo@massive.se and report@wic.massgate.net and the have not answered me (i wrote them with the problem of the beta and i bougth the retail version thinking it was solved). I am very sad to have bougth this and cant play properly :(

Help me please.
I have bougth the game and the game freezes or crashes randomly and constantly when i am playing at multiplayer (singleplayer not proved). It is not a problem of my computer beacause is powerfull and runs great the latest pc games. It is not the temperature of the GPU because i am monitorizing it. I have passed a memtest and everything is OK.

E6600

Asus P5B

2x1GB 667

XFX 8800 GTS 320MB (with the last beta driver that you recommend 163.69)

Windows XP

Screenshots of the crash (in Spanish):

Details of the error

The demo also crashed randomly. I have sent the dxdiag and debug file to demo@massive.se and report@wic.massgate.net and the have not answered me (i wrote them with the problem of the beta and i bougth the retail version thinking it was solved). I am very sad to have bougth this and cant play properly :(

Help me please.

Posted 09/21/2007 07:40 PM   
[quote name='petazetas' date='Sep 21 2007, 09:40 PM']...
It is not the temperature of the GPU because i am monitorizing it. I have passed a memtest and everything is OK.
...[/quote]

Same here. :(

I get no Error Msg. - 3D freezes, Sound and Musik are playing. Ingame mouse cursor is still moving. Can switch to taskmanager and can kill the WiC process.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 641MB used, 3366MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6369 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
[quote name='petazetas' date='Sep 21 2007, 09:40 PM']...

It is not the temperature of the GPU because i am monitorizing it. I have passed a memtest and everything is OK.

Same here. :(

I get no Error Msg. - 3D freezes, Sound and Musik are playing. Ingame mouse cursor is still moving. Can switch to taskmanager and can kill the WiC process.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 641MB used, 3366MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6369 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Posted 09/22/2007 12:12 AM   
Yes... I think this is a comon error because a lot of people have it. We are waiting for a solution... :(
Yes... I think this is a comon error because a lot of people have it. We are waiting for a solution... :(

Posted 09/22/2007 08:31 AM   
i dont have it with the driver.. did you guys try the new driver the 169.71?
i dont have it with the driver.. did you guys try the new driver the 169.71?

Posted 09/22/2007 11:50 PM   
[quote name='cras' date='Sep 22 2007, 03:50 PM']i dont have it with the driver.. did you guys try the new driver the 169.71?
[right][snapback]255092[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Same problem with that drivers (that drivers has no improvements for WiC)

in some cases the problem seems to be with the servers, because the server makes something strange and all games of the people playing in that server crashes.
[quote name='cras' date='Sep 22 2007, 03:50 PM']i dont have it with the driver.. did you guys try the new driver the 169.71?

[snapback]255092[/snapback]

Same problem with that drivers (that drivers has no improvements for WiC)

in some cases the problem seems to be with the servers, because the server makes something strange and all games of the people playing in that server crashes.

Posted 09/23/2007 09:24 AM   
same with 169.71.

And it has nothing to do with server side problemes. It freezes in single player mode (incl. CutScenes) and in the benchmark, too.
same with 169.71.

And it has nothing to do with server side problemes. It freezes in single player mode (incl. CutScenes) and in the benchmark, too.

Posted 09/23/2007 12:49 PM   
[quote name='Conz' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:49 PM']same with 169.71.

[right][snapback]255300[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What about going back to the 158s? They were stable. reckon they'd work?

I can't play WIC on my 8800 Ultra without crashing...

Latest drivers do absolutely nothing...
[quote name='Conz' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:49 PM']same with 169.71.

[snapback]255300[/snapback]

What about going back to the 158s? They were stable. reckon they'd work?

I can't play WIC on my 8800 Ultra without crashing...

Latest drivers do absolutely nothing...

Posted 09/24/2007 05:48 AM   
guys, i experienced same problems, but not with wic, but bioshock and medal of honor. when i moved to vista everything was OK. or you may try terminate explorer and then run a game, it helped with bioshock under xp sp2.
guys, i experienced same problems, but not with wic, but bioshock and medal of honor. when i moved to vista everything was OK. or you may try terminate explorer and then run a game, it helped with bioshock under xp sp2.

Posted 09/28/2007 02:43 PM   
i'm playing WIC right now I have the exact same card as you except i's an eVGA model and I have the same drivers no problems my comp is running this game like a breeze.
i'm playing WIC right now I have the exact same card as you except i's an eVGA model and I have the same drivers no problems my comp is running this game like a breeze.

Posted 09/30/2007 03:14 AM   
yeah I have the same problem.

Sometimes the game will run fine for 6+ hours. Other days it will not go for more then 10 minutes. I've had this problem since the WiC demo and with the drivers 163.68 (beta), 163.71 (beta) , and 163.71 (WHQL). removed old drivers before installing new ones. although oddly enough I never remember WiC crashing in the demo with the 163.68 beta drivers but it started to in the retail version with them. It would be nice if nvidia could talk to massive and actually figure this one out.
yeah I have the same problem.

Sometimes the game will run fine for 6+ hours. Other days it will not go for more then 10 minutes. I've had this problem since the WiC demo and with the drivers 163.68 (beta), 163.71 (beta) , and 163.71 (WHQL). removed old drivers before installing new ones. although oddly enough I never remember WiC crashing in the demo with the 163.68 beta drivers but it started to in the retail version with them. It would be nice if nvidia could talk to massive and actually figure this one out.

Posted 10/01/2007 04:04 AM   
I have the same problem, the game randomly crashes after 5 to 10 minutes and pop up an error message that says "Out of memory, try close some applications and try again."

E6300 Overclocked to 2.33Ghz
Asus P5B
2x1GB 800
7900 GS 256MB (with the last driver 163.69)
Windows Vista
I have the same problem, the game randomly crashes after 5 to 10 minutes and pop up an error message that says "Out of memory, try close some applications and try again."

E6300 Overclocked to 2.33Ghz

Asus P5B

2x1GB 800

7900 GS 256MB (with the last driver 163.69)

Windows Vista

Posted 10/03/2007 05:55 AM   
Let me say this, I am disapointed in there customer serivce in the game. I send 3 emails asking that there is some meory leak or they have a serious problems on there hands in the program. This is what I got.

PS Sticking there head in the sand is not working on this. I have a XPS M1710 and dies at the same place all of yours is. The demo is what got me to get this game. I am going to call Best Buy and return it if they don't fix it Soon!

1-
Thank you for contacting Vivendi Games Technical Support.

My name is Shawn and i will be assisting you.I Understand that you get a Memory error while playing the game World in Conflict.

To resolve this issue please follow the below given steps:

STEP 1:Reduce paging
===============================================
1)Right click on My Computer,click on properties
2)Click on Advanced tab
3)In performance box click on settings
4)In Virtual memory box click on change
5)Select System Managed size.click on set ,apply and then OK.
6) This will restart the computer.
7)Once restarted try install the game

STEP2:Delete Temp
==================================================
1. Click Start, click Run, type %temp% in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
3. On the File menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to All.

STEP3:Delete Temp
1. Click Start, click Run, type temp in the Open box, and then click OK.

Best Regards,
Shawn
Vivendi Games Technical Support

2-

My name is Shawn and i will be assisting you.I Understand that you get an error message for Memory dump.

After doing some research I found that even after increasing the paging file if the game still gets the memory dump error please contact your System Manufacturer or Microsoft to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Best Regards,
Shawn
Let me say this, I am disapointed in there customer serivce in the game. I send 3 emails asking that there is some meory leak or they have a serious problems on there hands in the program. This is what I got.

PS Sticking there head in the sand is not working on this. I have a XPS M1710 and dies at the same place all of yours is. The demo is what got me to get this game. I am going to call Best Buy and return it if they don't fix it Soon!

1-

My name is Shawn and i will be assisting you.I Understand that you get a Memory error while playing the game World in Conflict.

To resolve this issue please follow the below given steps:

STEP 1:Reduce paging

===============================================

1)Right click on My Computer,click on properties

2)Click on Advanced tab

3)In performance box click on settings

4)In Virtual memory box click on change

5)Select System Managed size.click on set ,apply and then OK.

6) This will restart the computer.

7)Once restarted try install the game

STEP2:Delete Temp

1. Click Start, click Run, type %temp% in the Open box, and then click OK.

STEP3:Delete Temp

1. Click Start, click Run, type temp in the Open box, and then click OK.

Best Regards,

Shawn

Vivendi Games Technical Support

2-

My name is Shawn and i will be assisting you.I Understand that you get an error message for Memory dump.

After doing some research I found that even after increasing the paging file if the game still gets the memory dump error please contact your System Manufacturer or Microsoft to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Best Regards,

Shawn

Posted 10/06/2007 05:07 AM   
Same issues here....

Demo worked like 10 minutes for best, and now the whole game crasches at startup, mostly when the helicopter is on the screen... Game is awesome, but it does not work!!!

-T-

Same issues here....

Demo worked like 10 minutes for best, and now the whole game crasches at startup, mostly when the helicopter is on the screen... Game is awesome, but it does not work!!!

-T-

7800GT

3700+ (@2,7GHz)

1 Gt 440 MHz

Posted 10/10/2007 12:25 PM   
yeah same here... i hope the patch fixes it... so many people getting the same problem with no known solutions..
yeah same here... i hope the patch fixes it... so many people getting the same problem with no known solutions..

Posted 10/12/2007 04:38 AM   
Hi guys,
I've read several topics in forums about games crashing with 163.69 drivers on a 8800GTX and Vista Ultimate 32bits.
(crash=only screen, sound and actual game keep going...have to restart machine as I get message that display driver crashed and recovered)

I got that too. And with several games: Medal of Honor Airborne, World in Conflict and so on...

For the crash to occur it can take 10mins or 6 hours...have to keep saving game to avoid losing progress.

What I've done for now (have not experienced any more of this funny crashes) was to raise the GPU FAN to 100% using NTune.
I reckon temps were going quite high under load...85º-90º.

Nevertheless there seems to be a driver Bug or memory corruption for 8800GTX.
Let's wait for future NVIDIA drivers (or Vista SP even though this does not seem to be related to the OS).

Cheers.
Hi guys,

I've read several topics in forums about games crashing with 163.69 drivers on a 8800GTX and Vista Ultimate 32bits.

(crash=only screen, sound and actual game keep going...have to restart machine as I get message that display driver crashed and recovered)

I got that too. And with several games: Medal of Honor Airborne, World in Conflict and so on...

For the crash to occur it can take 10mins or 6 hours...have to keep saving game to avoid losing progress.

What I've done for now (have not experienced any more of this funny crashes) was to raise the GPU FAN to 100% using NTune.

I reckon temps were going quite high under load...85º-90º.

Nevertheless there seems to be a driver Bug or memory corruption for 8800GTX.

Let's wait for future NVIDIA drivers (or Vista SP even though this does not seem to be related to the OS).

Cheers.

Posted 10/12/2007 05:24 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top