Display driver stopped responding and has recoverd
  1 / 3    
Within the past 5 days, I've started getting this error message on the bottom right of my screen.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has
successfully recovered."

I get this error if I run aero, but not if I run oldschool windows desktop theme. When I play a game (so far i've tried LOTRO and Counter-Strike: Source). Although I do NOT get this problem (error or crash) when I play Tabula Rasa Beta. Weird? The only explanation for that is that I hear that Tabula Rasa will only support Vista, but I'm not sure if that's the issue here or not.

Either way, I can't play any games, and I can only run on w2k style desktop. This is pretty frusturating, something is wrong with software somewhere, it's not a hardware problem. Any suggestions on what to do, please help me!

FYI, many others are having this same problem. Perhaps somebody could post a comment by evga or nvidia as to their awareness of the issue? Thanks.
Within the past 5 days, I've started getting this error message on the bottom right of my screen.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has

successfully recovered."

I get this error if I run aero, but not if I run oldschool windows desktop theme. When I play a game (so far i've tried LOTRO and Counter-Strike: Source). Although I do NOT get this problem (error or crash) when I play Tabula Rasa Beta. Weird? The only explanation for that is that I hear that Tabula Rasa will only support Vista, but I'm not sure if that's the issue here or not.

Either way, I can't play any games, and I can only run on w2k style desktop. This is pretty frusturating, something is wrong with software somewhere, it's not a hardware problem. Any suggestions on what to do, please help me!

FYI, many others are having this same problem. Perhaps somebody could post a comment by evga or nvidia as to their awareness of the issue? Thanks.

Posted 09/10/2007 08:34 PM   
I now that there was another topic which had 230,000+ views on this same issue, and that it was eventually closed. So... what's the current status? Any fixes?
I now that there was another topic which had 230,000+ views on this same issue, and that it was eventually closed. So... what's the current status? Any fixes?

Posted 09/10/2007 10:20 PM   
Same problem here still.

I know this has been posted everywhere with different kinds of out comes to solutions, Turning off SLI, Hot Fixes, Driver Reinstalls, Different versions, UAC off, i have tried pretty much everything i can think of with no solution, some people describe Blue Screens ontop of this problem as well but i never experienced them if that helps any. This is what happens may it be on the desktop with cursor over descriptions on the windows vista start menu, looking at pictures, games.

The system will Freeze (pause) for about 1 second then a black screen flicker, it comes back with the same resolution as before and no real problems to be seen untill i try to launch another game then it gives me artifacts untill i do a system reboot which fixes it till the next error. The error says: Display Driver nvlddmkm Has Stopped Responding and Successfully Recovered.

System Specs:

32bit Windows Vista Ultimate
Evga nForce 680i
Intel Core 2 Extreme 2.66GHZ QX6700 OC 3.2GHZ
4GB DDR2 PC2-8500
2x Seagate 500GB Sata 7200RPM
2x NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB SLI
Creative Soundblaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer
1Kilowatt Power Supply
Same problem here still.

I know this has been posted everywhere with different kinds of out comes to solutions, Turning off SLI, Hot Fixes, Driver Reinstalls, Different versions, UAC off, i have tried pretty much everything i can think of with no solution, some people describe Blue Screens ontop of this problem as well but i never experienced them if that helps any. This is what happens may it be on the desktop with cursor over descriptions on the windows vista start menu, looking at pictures, games.

The system will Freeze (pause) for about 1 second then a black screen flicker, it comes back with the same resolution as before and no real problems to be seen untill i try to launch another game then it gives me artifacts untill i do a system reboot which fixes it till the next error. The error says: Display Driver nvlddmkm Has Stopped Responding and Successfully Recovered.

System Specs:

32bit Windows Vista Ultimate

Evga nForce 680i

Intel Core 2 Extreme 2.66GHZ QX6700 OC 3.2GHZ

4GB DDR2 PC2-8500

2x Seagate 500GB Sata 7200RPM

2x NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB SLI

Creative Soundblaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer

1Kilowatt Power Supply

Posted 09/10/2007 10:30 PM   
I used to suffer this problem, but probably for different reasons. If you're not overclocking, you probably don't need to worry about heat (adding much better cooling completely solved my issue). Nevertheless, you should be aware that Vista will try to automatically update your video driver if you don't take the initiative yourself. As well as being kind of annoying, the Vista update driver is utter krap & is known to cause this problem by installing over some existing drivers, but not others leaving you with a b@stardized driver version.

Stickywulf developed this method that you should use each time you update your driver. It also helps you to force Vista from automatically installing a krap driver in case you forget to check frequently on your own:

1. Control Panel=>Windows Update=>Change Settings=>"Download updates but let me choose whether to install them".
2. Download the latest driver from the nvidia website. [url="http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp"]http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp[/url]
3. Go to Device Manager, select your display adaptor, and uninstall it, choose to also delete drivers when prompted.
4. Reboot computer into safe mode by pressing f8 when the computer boots, when prompted to install new display driver choose "never install a driver for this device"
5. Navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\ and rename the file nvlddmkm.sys to nvlddmkm_old.sys. Take note of the date of this file
6. Navigate to c:\windows\system32 and rename any other file of the same date as nvlddmkm.sys which begins with the letters 'nv'
**ADDED FOR CLARITY***
For examples:
nvcplui.exe become nvcplui_old.exe
nvd3dumx.dll becomes nvd3dumx_old.exe
etc..etc..etc..Repeat for all files with the same date as the file you found in step 5, they begin with the letters 'nv'
If it is too tedious to rename all the files, you can simply delete them, or move them to a different folder.
6a. For 64bit Vista, repeat step 6 in c:\windows\sysWOW64
7. Reboot to normal Windows, if prompted again to install a driver choose "never install a driver for this device.
8. Install the driver which you downloaded from the nvidia website.

**EDIT: Innocuous words that were interpreted by this forum as naughty words had their spellings slightly modified.
I used to suffer this problem, but probably for different reasons. If you're not overclocking, you probably don't need to worry about heat (adding much better cooling completely solved my issue). Nevertheless, you should be aware that Vista will try to automatically update your video driver if you don't take the initiative yourself. As well as being kind of annoying, the Vista update driver is utter krap & is known to cause this problem by installing over some existing drivers, but not others leaving you with a b@stardized driver version.

Stickywulf developed this method that you should use each time you update your driver. It also helps you to force Vista from automatically installing a krap driver in case you forget to check frequently on your own:

1. Control Panel=>Windows Update=>Change Settings=>"Download updates but let me choose whether to install them".

2. Download the latest driver from the nvidia website. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

3. Go to Device Manager, select your display adaptor, and uninstall it, choose to also delete drivers when prompted.

4. Reboot computer into safe mode by pressing f8 when the computer boots, when prompted to install new display driver choose "never install a driver for this device"

5. Navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\ and rename the file nvlddmkm.sys to nvlddmkm_old.sys. Take note of the date of this file

6. Navigate to c:\windows\system32 and rename any other file of the same date as nvlddmkm.sys which begins with the letters 'nv'

**ADDED FOR CLARITY***

For examples:

etc..etc..etc..Repeat for all files with the same date as the file you found in step 5, they begin with the letters 'nv'

If it is too tedious to rename all the files, you can simply delete them, or move them to a different folder.

7. Reboot to normal Windows, if prompted again to install a driver choose "never install a driver for this device.

**EDIT: Innocuous words that were interpreted by this forum as naughty words had their spellings slightly modified.

Posted 09/11/2007 11:27 AM   
Dostoyevsky77, thanks so much. I can't wait to get home and try that out. I'll post soon with results.

It makes sense that with all the crappy drivers installing over each other, the current version would have some serious issues, and would be a crossbreed of beta and old/new drivers. This would definitely be very, very bad.
Dostoyevsky77, thanks so much. I can't wait to get home and try that out. I'll post soon with results.

It makes sense that with all the crappy drivers installing over each other, the current version would have some serious issues, and would be a crossbreed of beta and old/new drivers. This would definitely be very, very bad.

Posted 09/11/2007 05:02 PM   
Does anyone know how this problem can crop up out of nowhere? It just started for me today, i haven't changed any drivers or installed any updates in a week. Everything had been stable for a month or more.

And of course, while i was trying things, i had 2142 freak out and cause a blue screen when it crashed, and apparently it hadn't finished making a restore point so it deleted all my restore points. So i can't just roll back to a point from yesterday where all was well.

Thanks for any info...
Does anyone know how this problem can crop up out of nowhere? It just started for me today, i haven't changed any drivers or installed any updates in a week. Everything had been stable for a month or more.

And of course, while i was trying things, i had 2142 freak out and cause a blue screen when it crashed, and apparently it hadn't finished making a restore point so it deleted all my restore points. So i can't just roll back to a point from yesterday where all was well.

Thanks for any info...

Posted 09/12/2007 06:55 AM   
[quote name='Dostoyevsky77' date='Sep 11 2007, 05:27 AM']I used to suffer this problem, but probably for different reasons.  If you're not overclocking, you probably don't need to worry about heat (adding much better cooling completely solved my issue).  Nevertheless, you should be aware that Vista will try to automatically update your video driver if you don't take the initiative yourself.  As well as being kind of annoying, the Vista update driver is utter krap & is known to cause this problem by installing over some existing drivers, but not others leaving you with a b@stardized driver version.

Stickywulf developed this method that you should use each time you update your driver.  It also helps you to force Vista from automatically installing a krap driver in case you forget to check frequently on your own:

2. Download the latest driver from the nvidia website. [url="http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp"]http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp[/url]
**ADDED FOR CLARITY***
For examples:

[right][snapback]249493[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thank you so much Dostoyevsky77, it worked! I followed the directions verbatim, and when I got to the reinstall drivers from nvidia, everything was smooth sailing. Been beta testing crysis with no errors, and no other errors on other games either. Must've been a conflict with old + new graphics drivers. woot!
[quote name='Dostoyevsky77' date='Sep 11 2007, 05:27 AM']I used to suffer this problem, but probably for different reasons.  If you're not overclocking, you probably don't need to worry about heat (adding much better cooling completely solved my issue).  Nevertheless, you should be aware that Vista will try to automatically update your video driver if you don't take the initiative yourself.  As well as being kind of annoying, the Vista update driver is utter krap & is known to cause this problem by installing over some existing drivers, but not others leaving you with a b@stardized driver version.

Stickywulf developed this method that you should use each time you update your driver.  It also helps you to force Vista from automatically installing a krap driver in case you forget to check frequently on your own:

2. Download the latest driver from the nvidia website. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

**ADDED FOR CLARITY***

For examples:

[snapback]249493[/snapback]

Thank you so much Dostoyevsky77, it worked! I followed the directions verbatim, and when I got to the reinstall drivers from nvidia, everything was smooth sailing. Been beta testing crysis with no errors, and no other errors on other games either. Must've been a conflict with old + new graphics drivers. woot!

Posted 09/12/2007 07:14 AM   
You're welcome, but I hope it's a permanent fix; nvlddmkm-related TDRs are notorious for returning after long periods of stability. AncientEvil, my impression is that there are tonnes of reasons why TDRs occur. Some are software (driver) related, and others can be mitigated by hardware tweaks. For me, it was a combination. After the 158.x drivers, I became much more stable but continued to receive TDRs occasionally. I'm overclocking & was able to eliminate the rest of my TDRs by installing chipset cooling. I also underclocked my RAM very early on and never looked back (8500s are faster at 800/1t than at 1066/2t).

How's Crysis? Should I be as excited as I am?

Cheers,

d
You're welcome, but I hope it's a permanent fix; nvlddmkm-related TDRs are notorious for returning after long periods of stability. AncientEvil, my impression is that there are tonnes of reasons why TDRs occur. Some are software (driver) related, and others can be mitigated by hardware tweaks. For me, it was a combination. After the 158.x drivers, I became much more stable but continued to receive TDRs occasionally. I'm overclocking & was able to eliminate the rest of my TDRs by installing chipset cooling. I also underclocked my RAM very early on and never looked back (8500s are faster at 800/1t than at 1066/2t).

How's Crysis? Should I be as excited as I am?

Cheers,

d

Posted 09/12/2007 11:56 AM   
ok i done exactly as you said, removed my display drivers etc... then when i booted into safe mode... nvlddmkm.sys wasnt in my drivers directory... so i figured it had been deleted when i removed the display drivers.. so i restarted back into vista normally, installed the latest driver 163.69 for my card (8800 ultra) and then restarted... then when i started to play Collin McRae Rally DiRT it was working fine for about 1 minute before i got the same error... got any idea why?
ok i done exactly as you said, removed my display drivers etc... then when i booted into safe mode... nvlddmkm.sys wasnt in my drivers directory... so i figured it had been deleted when i removed the display drivers.. so i restarted back into vista normally, installed the latest driver 163.69 for my card (8800 ultra) and then restarted... then when i started to play Collin McRae Rally DiRT it was working fine for about 1 minute before i got the same error... got any idea why?

Posted 10/08/2007 08:29 AM   
Hey dudes,

I had the same problem in Windows Vista 32 bit. My system specs are

Athlon X2 3800+
2 GB RAM
XFX 8800 ULTRA

After trying to solve the problem by doing all the mention solutions i had no luck at all.

Well yesterday i overclocked my videocard to the XXX edition ( 675mhz core and 2.3 ghz memory) my stock version is 612mhz core and 2.16 memory.

When i was sure about the overclocking core clock i flashed my videocard bios with a new bios with al these settings ( well this is just extra info)

When i run Crysis it crashes in the game after a few minutes or at the menu and i get that stupid error: Display driver Nvlddmkm Stopped Responding

To make a long story short i just flashed my bios back with the stock settings and i dont get that error anymore and i manage to play the whole demo. ( what i think is pretty weird is that at overclock settings i wasnt getting any temperature overheating i was at an average of 75 degrees celsius)

Well if u have ur videocard overclocked just downclock it with Ati Tool in windows xp, and if u have a overclocked version of a videocard try downclocking it too.

Hope this helps. For now it works for me. And to remind u i did all those steps in safe mode etc. but it didnt solve the problem
Hey dudes,

I had the same problem in Windows Vista 32 bit. My system specs are

Athlon X2 3800+

2 GB RAM

XFX 8800 ULTRA

After trying to solve the problem by doing all the mention solutions i had no luck at all.

Well yesterday i overclocked my videocard to the XXX edition ( 675mhz core and 2.3 ghz memory) my stock version is 612mhz core and 2.16 memory.

When i was sure about the overclocking core clock i flashed my videocard bios with a new bios with al these settings ( well this is just extra info)

When i run Crysis it crashes in the game after a few minutes or at the menu and i get that stupid error: Display driver Nvlddmkm Stopped Responding

To make a long story short i just flashed my bios back with the stock settings and i dont get that error anymore and i manage to play the whole demo. ( what i think is pretty weird is that at overclock settings i wasnt getting any temperature overheating i was at an average of 75 degrees celsius)

Well if u have ur videocard overclocked just downclock it with Ati Tool in windows xp, and if u have a overclocked version of a videocard try downclocking it too.

Hope this helps. For now it works for me. And to remind u i did all those steps in safe mode etc. but it didnt solve the problem

Intel core i7 940@3.7ghz, EVGA GTX 470, CoolerMAster 600W , OCZ Vertex 3 60 GB, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, OCZ 6 GB triple channel

Posted 10/27/2007 11:36 AM   
[quote name='Dostoyevsky77' date='Sep 12 2007, 05:56 AM']You're welcome, but I hope it's a permanent fix; nvlddmkm-related TDRs are notorious for returning after long periods of stability.  AncientEvil, my impression is that there are tonnes of reasons why TDRs occur.  Some are software (driver) related, and others can be mitigated by hardware tweaks.  For me, it was a combination.  After the 158.x drivers, I became much more stable but continued to receive TDRs occasionally.  I'm overclocking & was able to eliminate the rest of my TDRs by installing chipset cooling.  I also underclocked my RAM very early on and never looked back (8500s are faster at 800/1t than at 1066/2t).

How's Crysis?  Should I be as excited as I am?

Cheers,

d
[right][snapback]249985[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So aftere that fix, guess what, it came back after a while of stability... haha! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Good news though, I eventually ran memtest86+ to test the stability of my memory, and found that there were millions of errors in my 4GB of mushkin. I RMA'd the memory, and got a new set. Since then I've had no errors. I'm running 169.01 drivers now.

I've disabled driver enforcement permanently as well, that seems to have helped. I decided to use the eVGA step-up program to grab the GTX Ultra, I'm going to cry if I have these problems all over again - shouldn't though /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />

To all of you out there who are still having this problem, don't give up. Contact nvidia and keep doing research - you'll find a fix. Goodluck!
[quote name='Dostoyevsky77' date='Sep 12 2007, 05:56 AM']You're welcome, but I hope it's a permanent fix; nvlddmkm-related TDRs are notorious for returning after long periods of stability.  AncientEvil, my impression is that there are tonnes of reasons why TDRs occur.  Some are software (driver) related, and others can be mitigated by hardware tweaks.  For me, it was a combination.  After the 158.x drivers, I became much more stable but continued to receive TDRs occasionally.  I'm overclocking & was able to eliminate the rest of my TDRs by installing chipset cooling.  I also underclocked my RAM very early on and never looked back (8500s are faster at 800/1t than at 1066/2t).

How's Crysis?  Should I be as excited as I am?

Cheers,

d

[snapback]249985[/snapback]

So aftere that fix, guess what, it came back after a while of stability... haha! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Good news though, I eventually ran memtest86+ to test the stability of my memory, and found that there were millions of errors in my 4GB of mushkin. I RMA'd the memory, and got a new set. Since then I've had no errors. I'm running 169.01 drivers now.

I've disabled driver enforcement permanently as well, that seems to have helped. I decided to use the eVGA step-up program to grab the GTX Ultra, I'm going to cry if I have these problems all over again - shouldn't though /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />

To all of you out there who are still having this problem, don't give up. Contact nvidia and keep doing research - you'll find a fix. Goodluck!

Posted 10/27/2007 10:11 PM   
Now that's good to hear.. didnt think about running memtest, but for now i think that my system is o.k. I'm considering upgrading my cpu soon.. Crysis plays great on high settings i overclocked my cpu for the extra juice running @ 2.4 ghz ( stock 2ghz), my conlcusion is either way to upgrade cpu mobo and ram if i want to go to the very high setting, but for now its more than good at these settings
Now that's good to hear.. didnt think about running memtest, but for now i think that my system is o.k. I'm considering upgrading my cpu soon.. Crysis plays great on high settings i overclocked my cpu for the extra juice running @ 2.4 ghz ( stock 2ghz), my conlcusion is either way to upgrade cpu mobo and ram if i want to go to the very high setting, but for now its more than good at these settings

Intel core i7 940@3.7ghz, EVGA GTX 470, CoolerMAster 600W , OCZ Vertex 3 60 GB, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, OCZ 6 GB triple channel

Posted 10/27/2007 11:07 PM   
i had the Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered problem when playing games.
fixed this by using power to video card from a different rail on power supply.
seems if not enough power getting to card this error will happen. suggest anyone with this problem try putting video card on different connector from power supply or upgrade power supply.
i had the Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered problem when playing games.

fixed this by using power to video card from a different rail on power supply.

seems if not enough power getting to card this error will happen. suggest anyone with this problem try putting video card on different connector from power supply or upgrade power supply.

Posted 05/18/2008 04:28 PM   
[quote name='Dostoyevsky77' post='249493' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:27 PM']I used to suffer this problem, but probably for different reasons. If you're not overclocking, you probably don't need to worry about heat (adding much better cooling completely solved my issue). Nevertheless, you should be aware that Vista will try to automatically update your video driver if you don't take the initiative yourself. As well as being kind of annoying, the Vista update driver is utter krap & is known to cause this problem by installing over some existing drivers, but not others leaving you with a b@stardized driver version.

**ADDED FOR CLARITY***
For examples:

**EDIT: Innocuous words that were interpreted by this forum as naughty words had their spellings slightly modified.[/quote]

Dostoyevsky77 thanks for the solution that u posted cause as i searched through google(countless hours) this is one seems to be the most solid as it is repeated almost the same way in most replies on other forums!But i have a problem and i really wanted ur help and specifically to clarify some things on ur solution

you see i completely uninstalled the Nvidia Display driver and also used DriverSweeper to eliminate any trace!The thing is that i couldn't find the notorious nvlddmkm.sys on system32\drivers neither on sysWOW64 (as i have 64bit Windows Vista)...What Bugged me is that i found that nvlddmkm.sys on C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_nv_lh.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_4a
8627558332bbba.I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tamper with it so i left it as it was and proceeded in reinstalling the same nvidia display driver 196.21(it is the latest and the one that the problem appeared in the first place).To be exact i just made the installation and the fact that really troubles me is that now the nvlddmkm.sys appears in system32\drivers with a date of 12/1/2010 (which is weird because shouldn't the date be the same of the release date of the driver which is 19/1/2010 or at least the date installed which in my occasion is today 28/2/2010?) and at the same time it remains on C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_nv_lh.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_4a
8627558332bbba
with the date 21/1/2008! I hope i wrote everything clear cause this situation has whacked my mind and my timetable as i have been trying for days to reach a conclusion!I will be testing to see the results of my fresh installation of Nvidia Display Driver (196.21) but something tells me that i have done something wrong to begin with so plz if u can clarify what should i do with this nvlddmkm.sys with the old date on winsxs would really relief me and give me a solution to this god damned problem!Thanks in advance

P>S the date of the nvlddmkm.sys in system32\drivers is the same to the most of nv files.
P>S 2 i will edit this post to ensure if the nvlddmkm.sys error continues after the installation

EDIT:Yes the problem still exists! :(
[quote name='Dostoyevsky77' post='249493' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:27 PM']I used to suffer this problem, but probably for different reasons. If you're not overclocking, you probably don't need to worry about heat (adding much better cooling completely solved my issue). Nevertheless, you should be aware that Vista will try to automatically update your video driver if you don't take the initiative yourself. As well as being kind of annoying, the Vista update driver is utter krap & is known to cause this problem by installing over some existing drivers, but not others leaving you with a b@stardized driver version.

**ADDED FOR CLARITY***

For examples:

Dostoyevsky77 thanks for the solution that u posted cause as i searched through google(countless hours) this is one seems to be the most solid as it is repeated almost the same way in most replies on other forums!But i have a problem and i really wanted ur help and specifically to clarify some things on ur solution

you see i completely uninstalled the Nvidia Display driver and also used DriverSweeper to eliminate any trace!The thing is that i couldn't find the notorious nvlddmkm.sys on system32\drivers neither on sysWOW64 (as i have 64bit Windows Vista)...What Bugged me is that i found that nvlddmkm.sys on C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_nv_lh.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_4a

8627558332bbba.I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tamper with it so i left it as it was and proceeded in reinstalling the same nvidia display driver 196.21(it is the latest and the one that the problem appeared in the first place).To be exact i just made the installation and the fact that really troubles me is that now the nvlddmkm.sys appears in system32\drivers with a date of 12/1/2010 (which is weird because shouldn't the date be the same of the release date of the driver which is 19/1/2010 or at least the date installed which in my occasion is today 28/2/2010?) and at the same time it remains on C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_nv_lh.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_4a

8627558332bbba

with the date 21/1/2008! I hope i wrote everything clear cause this situation has whacked my mind and my timetable as i have been trying for days to reach a conclusion!I will be testing to see the results of my fresh installation of Nvidia Display Driver (196.21) but something tells me that i have done something wrong to begin with so plz if u can clarify what should i do with this nvlddmkm.sys with the old date on winsxs would really relief me and give me a solution to this god damned problem!Thanks in advance

P>S the date of the nvlddmkm.sys in system32\drivers is the same to the most of nv files.

P>S 2 i will edit this post to ensure if the nvlddmkm.sys error continues after the installation

EDIT:Yes the problem still exists! :(

Posted 02/28/2010 05:41 PM   
Problem could be that your using the latest drivers. Sometimes 2 steps back is better than 1 step forward.
Problem could be that your using the latest drivers. Sometimes 2 steps back is better than 1 step forward.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 03/01/2010 11:56 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top