TV Not detected
  1 / 2    
Hi, I was using my TV with no problems until last week, when i disconnected my RCA cable i was using for the video signal because i needed to do something else with it.

So when i went back and connected the cable back to the video card, the Nvidia Control Panel just wont recognize my TV anymore.

I didnt move my PC and i only moved the end that was connected to the card, im sure the cable didnt get damaged or anything like that.

I have tried everything, updating drivers, doing a system restore to a date where everything was working fine, tried brand new expensive cables, but nothing.

What do you guys suggest?

I want to try attaching the 75ohm resistor that I read somewhere on the forums, but im not sure how to do it, can anyone give me any directions about this?

I'm using the adapter that the card brought (which has 4 connectors: SVIDEO IN, SVIDEO OUT, RCA IN and RCA OUT. and I'm connecting the RCA OUT cable to my RCA IN on the TV. This was how it was working for the past 2 months until i disconnected the cable to use it for something else.

The Video Card is a Geforce 7800 GTX and im using Windows Vista Ultimate.

Thanks a lot for the help!!
Hi, I was using my TV with no problems until last week, when i disconnected my RCA cable i was using for the video signal because i needed to do something else with it.

So when i went back and connected the cable back to the video card, the Nvidia Control Panel just wont recognize my TV anymore.

I didnt move my PC and i only moved the end that was connected to the card, im sure the cable didnt get damaged or anything like that.

I have tried everything, updating drivers, doing a system restore to a date where everything was working fine, tried brand new expensive cables, but nothing.

What do you guys suggest?

I want to try attaching the 75ohm resistor that I read somewhere on the forums, but im not sure how to do it, can anyone give me any directions about this?

I'm using the adapter that the card brought (which has 4 connectors: SVIDEO IN, SVIDEO OUT, RCA IN and RCA OUT. and I'm connecting the RCA OUT cable to my RCA IN on the TV. This was how it was working for the past 2 months until i disconnected the cable to use it for something else.

The Video Card is a Geforce 7800 GTX and im using Windows Vista Ultimate.

Thanks a lot for the help!!

Posted 08/26/2007 01:37 AM   
Bump 1
Bump 1

Posted 08/26/2007 07:36 PM   
Bump 2
Bump 2

Posted 08/28/2007 01:14 AM   
have you tried using Svideo out ? try a diferent tv ?
have you tried using Svideo out ? try a diferent tv ?

AMD X2 6000 - 3.32@1.47vcore
Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE
Crucial Tracer PC2 8500
BFG 8800 GTX OC2
HDT72252 250GB Sata
X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Antec Nine Hundred Black
Zalman 9500

Posted 08/28/2007 04:52 AM   
[quote name='dc2' date='Aug 27 2007, 08:52 PM']have you tried using Svideo out ? try a diferent tv ?
[right][snapback]242635[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yes, both things... still no luck.
[quote name='dc2' date='Aug 27 2007, 08:52 PM']have you tried using Svideo out ? try a diferent tv ?

[snapback]242635[/snapback]

yes, both things... still no luck.

Posted 08/30/2007 06:19 AM   
Bump 3
Bump 3

Posted 09/01/2007 01:29 PM   
Bump 4
Bump 4

Posted 09/05/2007 09:49 PM   
Will someone please provide an answer to this thread? I am also having the same exact issue! I disconnected my HDTV dongle so I can move my computer around, but when I reconnected everything, my TV Out refused to work anymore! It's been like this for a few months (even after several reinstallation of Windows XP since then.) I am currently using the latest drivers to the date of this post and I have an EVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO. All of this is running in Windows XP SP2. Please Helllllp!
Will someone please provide an answer to this thread? I am also having the same exact issue! I disconnected my HDTV dongle so I can move my computer around, but when I reconnected everything, my TV Out refused to work anymore! It's been like this for a few months (even after several reinstallation of Windows XP since then.) I am currently using the latest drivers to the date of this post and I have an EVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO. All of this is running in Windows XP SP2. Please Helllllp!

Posted 09/06/2007 07:52 AM   
[quote name='Kwipper' date='Sep 6 2007, 09:52 AM']Will someone please provide an answer to this thread? I am also having the same exact issue! I disconnected my HDTV dongle so I can move my computer around, but when I reconnected everything, my TV Out refused to work anymore! It's been like this for a few months (even after several reinstallation of Windows XP since then.) I am currently using the latest drivers to the date of this post and I have an EVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO. All of this is running in Windows XP SP2. Please Helllllp!
[right][snapback]247161[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am having the same problem!! i no longer can watch movies on tv any more... check my previous threads...
[quote name='Kwipper' date='Sep 6 2007, 09:52 AM']Will someone please provide an answer to this thread? I am also having the same exact issue! I disconnected my HDTV dongle so I can move my computer around, but when I reconnected everything, my TV Out refused to work anymore! It's been like this for a few months (even after several reinstallation of Windows XP since then.) I am currently using the latest drivers to the date of this post and I have an EVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO. All of this is running in Windows XP SP2. Please Helllllp!

[snapback]247161[/snapback]

I am having the same problem!! i no longer can watch movies on tv any more... check my previous threads...

Posted 09/07/2007 09:21 AM   
This has been a nightmare on going problem for me to. There are a few different threads about this same problem specific for Vista and nobody has come up with a soloution yet. So after trying every single suggestion I switched back to XP just this week because of it. SAME PROBLEM!! One is for damn sure I will never purchase an Nvidia product again but I still would like to figure it out.
This has been a nightmare on going problem for me to. There are a few different threads about this same problem specific for Vista and nobody has come up with a soloution yet. So after trying every single suggestion I switched back to XP just this week because of it. SAME PROBLEM!! One is for damn sure I will never purchase an Nvidia product again but I still would like to figure it out.

Posted 09/12/2007 08:55 PM   
If you are using ForceWare drivers, let's say 91.47, go to Classic Control Panel, and under the Tools section there is a checkbox called "Force TV detection". Check that, an it will ask you to restart the computer in order to take effect.
Your TV should be available for using now (considering that you have reconnected all the cables properly).
/thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
If you are using ForceWare drivers, let's say 91.47, go to Classic Control Panel, and under the Tools section there is a checkbox called "Force TV detection". Check that, an it will ask you to restart the computer in order to take effect.

Your TV should be available for using now (considering that you have reconnected all the cables properly).

Posted 09/13/2007 09:21 AM   
[quote name='Mariste' date='Sep 13 2007, 01:21 AM']If you are using ForceWare drivers, let's say 91.47, go to Classic Control Panel, and under the Tools section there is a checkbox called "Force TV detection". Check that, an it will ask you to restart the computer in order to take effect.
[right][snapback]250415[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nope, tried that already. When i reboot the box is unchecked, i check it again, reboot, unchecked.
[quote name='Mariste' date='Sep 13 2007, 01:21 AM']If you are using ForceWare drivers, let's say 91.47, go to Classic Control Panel, and under the Tools section there is a checkbox called "Force TV detection". Check that, an it will ask you to restart the computer in order to take effect.

[snapback]250415[/snapback]

Nope, tried that already. When i reboot the box is unchecked, i check it again, reboot, unchecked.

Posted 09/14/2007 07:56 PM   
Hm. I'm very sorry to hear that. I had that kind of a problem once and I solved it by using that option. But, not being a Windows Vista user, I really can't think of anything else that might help with the TV detection. :(
I'm sure you have already checked you cable connections. S-Video plugs usually do not give such "TV not detected" kind of problems. If you are using a composite cable, make sure it is pluged into the blue jack of your nVidia output adapter box (if you have/use one).
;)
Hm. I'm very sorry to hear that. I had that kind of a problem once and I solved it by using that option. But, not being a Windows Vista user, I really can't think of anything else that might help with the TV detection. :(

I'm sure you have already checked you cable connections. S-Video plugs usually do not give such "TV not detected" kind of problems. If you are using a composite cable, make sure it is pluged into the blue jack of your nVidia output adapter box (if you have/use one).

;)

Posted 09/14/2007 09:07 PM   
I'm having the same problem here
I jack the tv through the s-video but nothing happenes
tried almost every driver ever published

my specs:
GeForce 6200 TC
Windows XP SP2

The same computer and the same tv USED to work using the same cable i'm using right now.

help appreciated
I'm having the same problem here

I jack the tv through the s-video but nothing happenes

tried almost every driver ever published

my specs:

GeForce 6200 TC

Windows XP SP2

The same computer and the same tv USED to work using the same cable i'm using right now.

help appreciated

Posted 09/20/2007 10:58 PM   
I had the same problem - connecting two 75 Ohm resistors to s-video connector solved it.
One needs to be connected to pins 1&3, second - to 2&4.

[img]http://www.hinn.de/deutsch/images/svhs_co.gif[/img]
I had the same problem - connecting two 75 Ohm resistors to s-video connector solved it.

One needs to be connected to pins 1&3, second - to 2&4.

Posted 09/21/2007 10:26 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top