EVGA 680i will not POST, is it memory?
I'm sure this problem has been around a long time, it booted fine the first time, when I turned it on again after pluging in the remaining peripherals, it would not POST and gives the post code A0, if I reset it it then gives the error codes 1C, 1D, then rests on 20. I've tried everything, all the parts work on my VIA board so I'm assuming it's the cheap memory I'm using but I don't want to spend the money and it still not work so can anyone confirm this or suggest some cheap memory that will work.

Thermaltake toughpower 600W
EVGA 680i A1
Palit 8800 GTS 320
Intel E6300
[color=red]2 X 1GB Elixir 5300, 1.8V Dual Channel[/color]

Thanks for any help.
I'm sure this problem has been around a long time, it booted fine the first time, when I turned it on again after pluging in the remaining peripherals, it would not POST and gives the post code A0, if I reset it it then gives the error codes 1C, 1D, then rests on 20. I've tried everything, all the parts work on my VIA board so I'm assuming it's the cheap memory I'm using but I don't want to spend the money and it still not work so can anyone confirm this or suggest some cheap memory that will work.

Thermaltake toughpower 600W

EVGA 680i A1

Palit 8800 GTS 320

Intel E6300

2 X 1GB Elixir 5300, 1.8V Dual Channel

Thanks for any help.

Posted 08/21/2007 11:17 AM   
Have you tried running one memory stick to get into the bios? Once there you'll probably have to manually set the timings and voltage for the ram. This is a common problem for all 680i MB's. They don't read initial settings for RAM very well. Also, uninstall the "remaining peripherals" and install one at at time to see which one doesn't allow you to post. This might help to decide what the culprit is. There are tons of threads on the internet about the EVGA A1 board. I suggest reading some of them to see what your bios setting should be. This includes all voltages as well.

Axis
Have you tried running one memory stick to get into the bios? Once there you'll probably have to manually set the timings and voltage for the ram. This is a common problem for all 680i MB's. They don't read initial settings for RAM very well. Also, uninstall the "remaining peripherals" and install one at at time to see which one doesn't allow you to post. This might help to decide what the culprit is. There are tons of threads on the internet about the EVGA A1 board. I suggest reading some of them to see what your bios setting should be. This includes all voltages as well.

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 08/21/2007 02:24 PM   
Aye, I agree, it might not be setting the voltage right for the ram (i.e. not recognising it).
Aye, I agree, it might not be setting the voltage right for the ram (i.e. not recognising it).

Posted 08/21/2007 08:04 PM   
Yes that's what I imagined the problem to be, as far as using the RAM I've got, I've tried everything under the sun to get it to work.

I was thinking I would buy a cheap corsair 512 mb stick just to get it to POST and get into BIOS.

Thanks for the help.
Yes that's what I imagined the problem to be, as far as using the RAM I've got, I've tried everything under the sun to get it to work.

I was thinking I would buy a cheap corsair 512 mb stick just to get it to POST and get into BIOS.

Thanks for the help.

Posted 08/22/2007 01:34 AM   
Just ordered some Geil ultra PC2 6400 and gave the old RAM to mum, hope it works :s
Just ordered some Geil ultra PC2 6400 and gave the old RAM to mum, hope it works :s

Posted 08/22/2007 11:06 AM   
I'm in the boat too. I just put this together, all plugged in, and am getting a "7F" and no monitor. There's a 1.5 second beeep, orange blue and green lights (3 total) on the motherboard. I havn't tried one stick yet, but that's tomorrow.

Does the 680i A1 boot right up from new with a 1333FSB CPU chip, or do I need to boot from a 1066FSB CPU????:

EVGA 680i Sata.. ect. A1 (no onboard video?)
Intel Conroe Duo 6850 1333 fsb CPU
Buffalo Firestix 2X 1GB PC2-8000 5-5-5 (both sticks in)
One EVGA 8800 Ultra gpu, hooked up X2 independant power and PWR3 on mobo
Corsair HX620W modular psu
I'm in the boat too. I just put this together, all plugged in, and am getting a "7F" and no monitor. There's a 1.5 second beeep, orange blue and green lights (3 total) on the motherboard. I havn't tried one stick yet, but that's tomorrow.

Does the 680i A1 boot right up from new with a 1333FSB CPU chip, or do I need to boot from a 1066FSB CPU????:

EVGA 680i Sata.. ect. A1 (no onboard video?)

Intel Conroe Duo 6850 1333 fsb CPU

Buffalo Firestix 2X 1GB PC2-8000 5-5-5 (both sticks in)

One EVGA 8800 Ultra gpu, hooked up X2 independant power and PWR3 on mobo

Corsair HX620W modular psu

Posted 08/23/2007 07:52 AM   
Scroll To Top