Problem with FSX in window mode
Hi!

If I open for example the overhead panel in the bumpit, and move the cursor over a gauge, the view that you see through the bumpit window changes its position a little. When i move the cursor away from the gauge, the view goes normal again. It's not the easiest thing to explain, so the best would be if you could download and watch the short movie that I have attached. I run FSX in window mode, and I have the latest drivers for my graphic card. The panel that I'm using is the A321, but I don't think the problem is specific for that panel.

I don't know why I have this problem, but FSX seem to be interrupted by other windows, and that could maybe be the reason. An example of this is if someone comes online on Messenger while I have FSX running. The little window that appears at the bottom right of the screen makes everything from the top of it down to the bottom of the screen to freeze until it has disappeared. This means that if I for example switch view while the little window is still there, the strip from the top of the window to the bottom of the screen remains as it were before the window showed until it disappears again. I don't know what's wrong, does anyone have any ideas? I appreciate all help I can get!

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
2046MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Hi!

If I open for example the overhead panel in the bumpit, and move the cursor over a gauge, the view that you see through the bumpit window changes its position a little. When i move the cursor away from the gauge, the view goes normal again. It's not the easiest thing to explain, so the best would be if you could download and watch the short movie that I have attached. I run FSX in window mode, and I have the latest drivers for my graphic card. The panel that I'm using is the A321, but I don't think the problem is specific for that panel.

I don't know why I have this problem, but FSX seem to be interrupted by other windows, and that could maybe be the reason. An example of this is if someone comes online on Messenger while I have FSX running. The little window that appears at the bottom right of the screen makes everything from the top of it down to the bottom of the screen to freeze until it has disappeared. This means that if I for example switch view while the little window is still there, the strip from the top of the window to the bottom of the screen remains as it were before the window showed until it disappears again. I don't know what's wrong, does anyone have any ideas? I appreciate all help I can get!

2046MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Attachments

Movie.zip

Posted 08/16/2007 10:35 AM   
[quote name='Trankan' date='Aug 16 2007, 11:35 AM']Hi!

2046MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
[right][snapback]237636[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hi there,have you tried the latest drivers for your 7600gt? i would also suggest going onto fileshack.com and downloading the fsx service pack 1 update/patch.let me know if this helps?
[quote name='Trankan' date='Aug 16 2007, 11:35 AM']Hi!

2046MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

[snapback]237636[/snapback]

hi there,have you tried the latest drivers for your 7600gt? i would also suggest going onto fileshack.com and downloading the fsx service pack 1 update/patch.let me know if this helps?

Posted 08/16/2007 11:06 AM   
[quote name='nitsrik1976' date='Aug 16 2007, 12:06 PM']hi there,have you tried the latest drivers for your 7600gt? i would also suggest going onto fileshack.com and downloading the fsx service pack 1 update/patch.let me know if this helps?
[right][snapback]237646[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I already have the latest drivers for my graphic card, and I also have service pack 1 installed. Anyway, thanks for taking time to reply... :)
[quote name='nitsrik1976' date='Aug 16 2007, 12:06 PM']hi there,have you tried the latest drivers for your 7600gt? i would also suggest going onto fileshack.com and downloading the fsx service pack 1 update/patch.let me know if this helps?

[snapback]237646[/snapback]

I already have the latest drivers for my graphic card, and I also have service pack 1 installed. Anyway, thanks for taking time to reply... :)

Posted 08/16/2007 11:47 AM   
FSX captures the screen. If you have another window opening up on the same monitor it will freeze your screen. This is normal not a problem.
In the first place, why would you use the messenger program anyway, especially while playing games?? It is wise to cut out any interruptions to the operation of any game, such as Windows messenger, your wallpaper flipper, the scheduling of background processes, etc. Let your game have full attention of your system for best performance. If you don't need the Internet on while you're playing, you should shut it off anyhow. Antivirus updates, Windows update, spyware, and other programs can be accessing the net whether you want them to or not.

I don't think you have a problem. Your video card really isn't powerful enough to let this program perform the way it wants to. You have two CPUs, and two gigs of RAM, that's good. Beg, borrow, or find the cash for an 8800 GTX card.
FSX captures the screen. If you have another window opening up on the same monitor it will freeze your screen. This is normal not a problem.

In the first place, why would you use the messenger program anyway, especially while playing games?? It is wise to cut out any interruptions to the operation of any game, such as Windows messenger, your wallpaper flipper, the scheduling of background processes, etc. Let your game have full attention of your system for best performance. If you don't need the Internet on while you're playing, you should shut it off anyhow. Antivirus updates, Windows update, spyware, and other programs can be accessing the net whether you want them to or not.

I don't think you have a problem. Your video card really isn't powerful enough to let this program perform the way it wants to. You have two CPUs, and two gigs of RAM, that's good. Beg, borrow, or find the cash for an 8800 GTX card.

<b>******************************************

Stay right with God, one day you are going to meet Him!</b>

EVGA NF680i mobo, Intel C2Duo E6600 Overclocked to 3.420, cooled w/ Zalman LED 9700, 4 Gig Corsair Dominator DDR2 800,

Gigabyte SOC GTX 470, Western Digital RE3 1Tb X2

1000 W Kingwin, Lite-ON 12x Blu-Ray burner, Win 7/64 Ultra

(Modified) Sunbeam Transformer case [excellent cooling]

Posted 08/16/2007 02:34 PM   
[quote name='FALCON' date='Aug 16 2007, 03:34 PM']FSX captures the screen.  If you have another window opening up on the same monitor it will freeze your screen.  This is normal not a problem.
[/quote]
Okay. If I need to show a program like vasFMC over FSX, I first set the program to be always on top. Then almost the whole screen freezes, but if I then switch FSX to full screen mode and then back to window mode again, FSX stops to freeze. So it seems that I can solve the problem by switching to full screen mode and then back to window mode. Not the best solution, and it works only as long as the window stays on top. If I place the program under FSX and then over FSX again, the picture freezes. I hope you understood what I meaned... :)
[quote name='FALCON' date='Aug 16 2007, 03:34 PM']FSX captures the screen.  If you have another window opening up on the same monitor it will freeze your screen.  This is normal not a problem.

Okay. If I need to show a program like vasFMC over FSX, I first set the program to be always on top. Then almost the whole screen freezes, but if I then switch FSX to full screen mode and then back to window mode again, FSX stops to freeze. So it seems that I can solve the problem by switching to full screen mode and then back to window mode. Not the best solution, and it works only as long as the window stays on top. If I place the program under FSX and then over FSX again, the picture freezes. I hope you understood what I meaned... :)

Posted 08/16/2007 03:48 PM   
Hi,
I have the same problem , I have tried all solutions available on the Internet but nothing works for me
my computer spec :

C2D 6400 2.6
GeForce 7300GT
Gigabyte P965-S3
2 gig 6400 RAM
last driver 162.18
FSX SP1

also if I swich to full screen then back to window mode as Trankan said, I lost AA !!!
could anyone help please ? :'(
Hi,

I have the same problem , I have tried all solutions available on the Internet but nothing works for me

my computer spec :

C2D 6400 2.6

GeForce 7300GT

Gigabyte P965-S3

2 gig 6400 RAM

last driver 162.18

FSX SP1

also if I swich to full screen then back to window mode as Trankan said, I lost AA !!!

could anyone help please ? :'(

Posted 09/02/2007 11:45 AM   
Scroll To Top