Quadro NVS 110M driver? Can't find a driver that is compatible
I have a Toshiba Tecra M7 tablet laptop with a 2 ghz intel centrino duo processor and 2 gb RAM. It runs on Windows XP tablet edition, since it is, after all, a tablet.

My problem is that my video card, a Quadro NVS 110M, isn't compatible with any of the drivers available for the Quadro NVS cards. I thought it might be because I'm on XP Tablet Edition and they don't have a driver that specific lists it, so I tried both the 2000/XP driver, and the XP professional driver, but neither support the 110M card, apparently. This really, really sucks, to be frank, because I've been waiting for a new driver and then the one that's released isn't even compatible. I downloaded them anyway, just to see if somehow my card had been left off the list, but yeah, none of them installed because they didn't match up. I was just being extremely hopeful, haha.

Am I missing something? Can anyone suggest a driver that maybe I perhaps missed or something?

I would really appreciate any suggestions you've got.

(I tried searching the forum, but none of the threads that came up were very helpful--most of them involved Vista, or just didn't get any responses at all.)
I have a Toshiba Tecra M7 tablet laptop with a 2 ghz intel centrino duo processor and 2 gb RAM. It runs on Windows XP tablet edition, since it is, after all, a tablet.

My problem is that my video card, a Quadro NVS 110M, isn't compatible with any of the drivers available for the Quadro NVS cards. I thought it might be because I'm on XP Tablet Edition and they don't have a driver that specific lists it, so I tried both the 2000/XP driver, and the XP professional driver, but neither support the 110M card, apparently. This really, really sucks, to be frank, because I've been waiting for a new driver and then the one that's released isn't even compatible. I downloaded them anyway, just to see if somehow my card had been left off the list, but yeah, none of them installed because they didn't match up. I was just being extremely hopeful, haha.

Am I missing something? Can anyone suggest a driver that maybe I perhaps missed or something?

I would really appreciate any suggestions you've got.

(I tried searching the forum, but none of the threads that came up were very helpful--most of them involved Vista, or just didn't get any responses at all.)

Posted 08/13/2007 09:00 PM   
I am in the same boat - our corporate standard image is XP, and the Lenovo-provided driver does not work. I lose the ability to run external display (I am a product manager and have to give presentations/demos) as well as have massive performance hit when the driver fails - jerky display, slow refresh rate on windows. Uninstall/reinstall only fixes it for a while, then it breaks permanently and the only fix is to rebuild the entire system (or restore from backup). I'm left with a $2000 paperweight at this point..

IBM/Lenovo 7665-13U - nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
..a
I am in the same boat - our corporate standard image is XP, and the Lenovo-provided driver does not work. I lose the ability to run external display (I am a product manager and have to give presentations/demos) as well as have massive performance hit when the driver fails - jerky display, slow refresh rate on windows. Uninstall/reinstall only fixes it for a while, then it breaks permanently and the only fix is to rebuild the entire system (or restore from backup). I'm left with a $2000 paperweight at this point..

IBM/Lenovo 7665-13U - nVidia Quadro NVS 140M

..a

Posted 10/16/2007 03:57 PM   
Laptops are special because generally you can only get the drivers from your Laptop manufacturer. In this case Toshiba. This is annoyingly unlike normal nVidia videocard drivers which allow you to use any driver (including their latest ones).

The latest OFFICIAL video driver from Toshiba for the Tecra M7 is the 6.14.10.8452 driver from 16th of June 2006.
[url="http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=1404733&moid=1364533&BV_SessionID=@@@@0479891764.1177854602@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddkklfiidjcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0&ct=DL"]http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...gngdgnn.0&ct=DL[/url]

However, you do not have to use this driver. You can use the latest nVidia drivers. You may have tried to do this and failed, as the driver told you it didn't support your videocard - but actually it does support it and it's lying. NVidia uses what's called a Unified Driver Architecture, which means that all of their drivers support actaully do all of their cards. This is disabled for laptops though because laptops often have special video capabilities that normal videocards don't have, like quickly changing screen orientation or using the multimedia buttons - When you use non-official drivers you may loose these capabilitys - but it depends on the driver, some will work fine and not disable anything. Try a few.

Anyway, to work around this inablility to use any driver all you need to do is get a hacked INF file and use it with your new drivers. This way you can use the latest drivers.
I won't bother to explain exactly how this is done, but it is rather simple. Just goto [url="http://www.laptopvideo2go.com"]http://www.laptopvideo2go.com[/url] and it will explain howto do it, as well as provide you with handy links to the drivers and hacked INF files for each driver, you can also search their forums for driver recommendations for various laptop videocards.
Have fun.
Laptops are special because generally you can only get the drivers from your Laptop manufacturer. In this case Toshiba. This is annoyingly unlike normal nVidia videocard drivers which allow you to use any driver (including their latest ones).

The latest OFFICIAL video driver from Toshiba for the Tecra M7 is the 6.14.10.8452 driver from 16th of June 2006.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...gngdgnn.0&ct=DL

However, you do not have to use this driver. You can use the latest nVidia drivers. You may have tried to do this and failed, as the driver told you it didn't support your videocard - but actually it does support it and it's lying. NVidia uses what's called a Unified Driver Architecture, which means that all of their drivers support actaully do all of their cards. This is disabled for laptops though because laptops often have special video capabilities that normal videocards don't have, like quickly changing screen orientation or using the multimedia buttons - When you use non-official drivers you may loose these capabilitys - but it depends on the driver, some will work fine and not disable anything. Try a few.

Anyway, to work around this inablility to use any driver all you need to do is get a hacked INF file and use it with your new drivers. This way you can use the latest drivers.

I won't bother to explain exactly how this is done, but it is rather simple. Just goto http://www.laptopvideo2go.com and it will explain howto do it, as well as provide you with handy links to the drivers and hacked INF files for each driver, you can also search their forums for driver recommendations for various laptop videocards.

Have fun.

Posted 01/29/2008 01:04 PM   
I have a Toshiba Tecra M7 Tablet / laptop that runs NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M and I would like to plug it into my Toshiba Regza TV model name: 55ZV650U. The problem is that my video card does not support the TV's resolution which is 1080P vertical and 1920P horizontal. I end up having to watch the aptop at a crazy resolution which does not take advantage of the TV's full screen. In other words, I have to put up with two blank black bars on the monitor sides. Is there a way to upgrade or otherwise force the Nvidia Graphic Card to conform to the secondary monitor and output a 1080 x 1920 signal? Is there an improved driver?

Thank you All!

Arek Kaminski
arek_kaminski@hotmail.com

[quote name='TreeAnt' post='316712' date='Jan 29 2008, 08:04 AM']Laptops are special because generally you can only get the drivers from your Laptop manufacturer. In this case Toshiba. This is annoyingly unlike normal nVidia videocard drivers which allow you to use any driver (including their latest ones).

[url="http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=1404733&moid=1364533&BV_SessionID=@@@@0479891764.1177854602@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddkklfiidjcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0&ct=DL"]http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...gnn.0&ct=DL[/url]

I won't bother to explain exactly how this is done, but it is rather simple. Just goto [url="http://www.laptopvideo2go.com"]http://www.laptopvideo2go.com[/url] and it will explain howto do it, as well as provide you with handy links to the drivers and hacked INF files for each driver, you can also search their forums for driver recommendations for various laptop videocards.
Have fun.[/quote]
I have a Toshiba Tecra M7 Tablet / laptop that runs NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M and I would like to plug it into my Toshiba Regza TV model name: 55ZV650U. The problem is that my video card does not support the TV's resolution which is 1080P vertical and 1920P horizontal. I end up having to watch the aptop at a crazy resolution which does not take advantage of the TV's full screen. In other words, I have to put up with two blank black bars on the monitor sides. Is there a way to upgrade or otherwise force the Nvidia Graphic Card to conform to the secondary monitor and output a 1080 x 1920 signal? Is there an improved driver?

Thank you All!

Arek Kaminski

arek_kaminski@hotmail.com

[quote name='TreeAnt' post='316712' date='Jan 29 2008, 08:04 AM']Laptops are special because generally you can only get the drivers from your Laptop manufacturer. In this case Toshiba. This is annoyingly unlike normal nVidia videocard drivers which allow you to use any driver (including their latest ones).

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...gnn.0&ct=DL

I won't bother to explain exactly how this is done, but it is rather simple. Just goto http://www.laptopvideo2go.com and it will explain howto do it, as well as provide you with handy links to the drivers and hacked INF files for each driver, you can also search their forums for driver recommendations for various laptop videocards.

Have fun.

Posted 02/04/2010 02:36 AM   
Scroll To Top