Intel or AMD? Does Nvidia work better w/ AMD or Intel?
Does Nvidia work better with AMD or Intel?
I'm trying to choose between Intel and AMD. My question is which motherboard is better? The AMD mobo or the Intel mobos? Which works better with GeForce and the CPU? What does GeForce work better with? AMD or Intel? Which does Nvidia prefer in general? I noticed that AMD is listed before Intel, but I also noticed there's 4 Intel mobos available and only 1 AMD. I really want the nForce chipset, and as far as I know, only Nvidia has rights to put it on their mobos. This is the deciding factor in whether I choose AMD or Intel, because I've already decided on Nvidia for my mobo and GPU. So, again, which does Nvidia work better/more compatibly with?
Does Nvidia work better with AMD or Intel?

I'm trying to choose between Intel and AMD. My question is which motherboard is better? The AMD mobo or the Intel mobos? Which works better with GeForce and the CPU? What does GeForce work better with? AMD or Intel? Which does Nvidia prefer in general? I noticed that AMD is listed before Intel, but I also noticed there's 4 Intel mobos available and only 1 AMD. I really want the nForce chipset, and as far as I know, only Nvidia has rights to put it on their mobos. This is the deciding factor in whether I choose AMD or Intel, because I've already decided on Nvidia for my mobo and GPU. So, again, which does Nvidia work better/more compatibly with?

Posted 08/05/2007 08:39 PM   
It doesn't really matter as far as compatibility goes. It's widely known that the 8800 series requires a very fast CPU to get the full potential from it. Most AMD's as well as lower end intels will bottleneck it considerably. I'm not knocking AMD's just pointing out that the 8800 series needs a C2D minimum to reach it's full potential.

Axis
It doesn't really matter as far as compatibility goes. It's widely known that the 8800 series requires a very fast CPU to get the full potential from it. Most AMD's as well as lower end intels will bottleneck it considerably. I'm not knocking AMD's just pointing out that the 8800 series needs a C2D minimum to reach it's full potential.

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 08/05/2007 09:56 PM   
Unfortunately yes it is true the current dual core AMD
will give you HALF the gaming power of a new Intel quad core running the 8800GTXUltra.

AMD now AMD/ATI are said to be releasing some competition later in the year.
Unfortunately yes it is true the current dual core AMD

will give you HALF the gaming power of a new Intel quad core running the 8800GTXUltra.

AMD now AMD/ATI are said to be releasing some competition later in the year.

Posted 08/06/2007 02:21 PM   
Also MS just released nForce Sata-Raid/IDE Vista Drivers 995 for nForce mobo's the n15.01/n15.01G release only had version 992 from Nvidia.

Don't install the Nvidia drivers or remove them to let automatic updates offer you V.955 MS Signed Vista drivers.

Here's a list of the current Windows Vista drivers and the product support they provide:

v96.85 - WHQL certified for GeForce FX Series

v162.22 - WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7 and GeForce 8 series *new*

v163.11 - Beta driver for GeForce 8 series GPUs *new*
Also MS just released nForce Sata-Raid/IDE Vista Drivers 995 for nForce mobo's the n15.01/n15.01G release only had version 992 from Nvidia.

Don't install the Nvidia drivers or remove them to let automatic updates offer you V.955 MS Signed Vista drivers.

Here's a list of the current Windows Vista drivers and the product support they provide:

v96.85 - WHQL certified for GeForce FX Series

v162.22 - WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7 and GeForce 8 series *new*

v163.11 - Beta driver for GeForce 8 series GPUs *new*

Posted 08/06/2007 02:28 PM   
Scroll To Top