BFG nVidia 7600 GS OC AGP 512MB Woes. Mostly in WoW.
Hey all, just upgraded from an ATi Radeon 9600 XT to the BFG nVidia 7600 GS OC 512MB. I also upgraded my PSU from 320W to 430W.

[code]
System Specs:

Windows XP Pro
AMD Athlon 2400+ XP
Asus A7N8X-X MoBo
2 GB of RAM
BFG nVidia 7600 GS OC 512MB
Cooler Master eXtreme Power 430W PSU[/code]

Now whenever I run World of Warcraft, it crashes anywhere from 1 to 30 seconds after I'm in the game. It just goes straight to a black screen.

I read in a previous thread on here about changing the Aperture size in the BIOS to 256 or 128, and no help.

I also disabled 8X AGP because I heard that it helped (aka no crashing) when they changed the AGP to 4x, but my BIOS only has the option to disable 8x. And still, no avail.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.
Hey all, just upgraded from an ATi Radeon 9600 XT to the BFG nVidia 7600 GS OC 512MB. I also upgraded my PSU from 320W to 430W.

System Specs:

Windows XP Pro

AMD Athlon 2400+ XP

Asus A7N8X-X MoBo

2 GB of RAM

Cooler Master eXtreme Power 430W PSU

Now whenever I run World of Warcraft, it crashes anywhere from 1 to 30 seconds after I'm in the game. It just goes straight to a black screen.

I read in a previous thread on here about changing the Aperture size in the BIOS to 256 or 128, and no help.

I also disabled 8X AGP because I heard that it helped (aka no crashing) when they changed the AGP to 4x, but my BIOS only has the option to disable 8x. And still, no avail.

Posted 07/22/2007 10:41 PM   
update the driver, what's ur psu brand?
update the driver, what's ur psu brand?

Posted 07/23/2007 04:19 AM   
You still might be under-powering your GPU. Check the FAQ (link at the bottom for more information).

If you have sufficient +12V amperage (I believe you need at least 20A of +12V current), update your BIOS and update/reinstall your motherboard's chipset drivers, then reinstall the graphics driver, following the directions in the FAQ.

Amorphous

[quote name='DGNeo' date='Jul 22 2007, 02:41 PM']Hey all, just upgraded from an ATi Radeon 9600 XT to the BFG nVidia 7600 GS OC 512MB. I also upgraded my PSU from 320W to 430W.

[code]
System Specs:

Windows XP Pro
AMD Athlon 2400+ XP
Asus A7N8X-X MoBo
2 GB of RAM
Cooler Master eXtreme Power 430W PSU[/code]

[right][snapback]226342[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You still might be under-powering your GPU. Check the FAQ (link at the bottom for more information).

If you have sufficient +12V amperage (I believe you need at least 20A of +12V current), update your BIOS and update/reinstall your motherboard's chipset drivers, then reinstall the graphics driver, following the directions in the FAQ.

Amorphous

[quote name='DGNeo' date='Jul 22 2007, 02:41 PM']Hey all, just upgraded from an ATi Radeon 9600 XT to the BFG nVidia 7600 GS OC 512MB. I also upgraded my PSU from 320W to 430W.

System Specs:

Windows XP Pro

AMD Athlon 2400+ XP

Asus A7N8X-X MoBo

2 GB of RAM

Cooler Master eXtreme Power 430W PSU

[snapback]226342[/snapback]

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 07/23/2007 05:53 AM   
Is there a way to update my BIOS without making a floppy disk? Because I don't have a floppy drive in my PC.
Is there a way to update my BIOS without making a floppy disk? Because I don't have a floppy drive in my PC.

Posted 07/23/2007 01:25 PM   
with an ASUS mobo you can update the bios by using a USB drive or CD
with an ASUS mobo you can update the bios by using a USB drive or CD

Once a man tried to water cool his PC by sticking a hosepipe through the CD drive.

Posted 07/23/2007 01:43 PM   
There's a way to make a flash drive bootable. Check out the eVGA motherboard forums.

Amorphous

[quote name='DGNeo' date='Jul 23 2007, 05:25 AM']Is there a way to update my BIOS without making a floppy disk? Because I don't have a floppy drive in my PC.
[right][snapback]226574[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
There's a way to make a flash drive bootable. Check out the eVGA motherboard forums.

Amorphous

[quote name='DGNeo' date='Jul 23 2007, 05:25 AM']Is there a way to update my BIOS without making a floppy disk? Because I don't have a floppy drive in my PC.

[snapback]226574[/snapback]

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 07/23/2007 02:46 PM   
depends on the type of bios u have now award 6.0 phoenix u can try updating from the asus website, they have step by step how to, also i had a 7600gt oc with a 430 watt and it worked fine so its not that, also try the 3d settings for wow in nvidia control panel
depends on the type of bios u have now award 6.0 phoenix u can try updating from the asus website, they have step by step how to, also i had a 7600gt oc with a 430 watt and it worked fine so its not that, also try the 3d settings for wow in nvidia control panel

Posted 07/23/2007 02:58 PM   
And just because your 430W PSU produced enough +12V amperage for the card and system doesn't mean his does. You can't judge a PSU by it's total wattage.

Amorphous

[quote name='Jumping Jeza' date='Jul 23 2007, 06:58 AM']depends on the type of bios u have now award 6.0 phoenix u can try updating from the asus website, they have step by step how to, also i had a 7600gt oc with a 430 watt and it worked fine so its not that, also try the 3d settings for wow in nvidia control panel
[right][snapback]226607[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
And just because your 430W PSU produced enough +12V amperage for the card and system doesn't mean his does. You can't judge a PSU by it's total wattage.

Amorphous

[quote name='Jumping Jeza' date='Jul 23 2007, 06:58 AM']depends on the type of bios u have now award 6.0 phoenix u can try updating from the asus website, they have step by step how to, also i had a 7600gt oc with a 430 watt and it worked fine so its not that, also try the 3d settings for wow in nvidia control panel

[snapback]226607[/snapback]

Posted 07/23/2007 05:54 PM   
Updated my BIOS, but it didn't help.

I have reason to believe that my card is overheating, so I purchased a Zalman VF900-CU, but it turns out that it doesn't fit on my card by about an 1/8 of an inch. So thankfully my dad and I are going to build a bar so it fits perfectly.
Updated my BIOS, but it didn't help.

I have reason to believe that my card is overheating, so I purchased a Zalman VF900-CU, but it turns out that it doesn't fit on my card by about an 1/8 of an inch. So thankfully my dad and I are going to build a bar so it fits perfectly.

Posted 07/24/2007 12:22 AM   
[quote name='DGNeo' date='Jul 23 2007, 08:25 AM']Is there a way to update my BIOS without making a floppy disk? Because I don't have a floppy drive in my PC.
[right][snapback]226574[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have the exact same mobo in my second system.
All you have to do is use the asus update utility. You basically just Dload N install it.
Also I had the power sentinel warnings with an AntecTruepower430W ( 20A =12V ) and had to up the PSU to the one in my sig.
This was due to my 6600GT AGP ( sucked alot of juice ).
Anyways , you don`t need floppies or CD to update your BIOS.
[quote name='DGNeo' date='Jul 23 2007, 08:25 AM']Is there a way to update my BIOS without making a floppy disk? Because I don't have a floppy drive in my PC.

[snapback]226574[/snapback]

I have the exact same mobo in my second system.

All you have to do is use the asus update utility. You basically just Dload N install it.

Also I had the power sentinel warnings with an AntecTruepower430W ( 20A =12V ) and had to up the PSU to the one in my sig.

This was due to my 6600GT AGP ( sucked alot of juice ).

Anyways , you don`t need floppies or CD to update your BIOS.

A8N32-SLI Deluxe, 4400+, OCZ Powerstream 520, 2 Gig OCZ EL Platinum ,WD Cavair SE16 250Gig, 1 optical,1 floppy,
Antec P160 case, EVGA7900GT KO.

Posted 07/24/2007 12:34 AM   
Yeah, I got my mobo updated, but it didn't help.

I just got done installing the Zalman Cooler onto the 7600 GS, and already a 7 Degree Farenheit drop. So hopefully this helps.
Yeah, I got my mobo updated, but it didn't help.

I just got done installing the Zalman Cooler onto the 7600 GS, and already a 7 Degree Farenheit drop. So hopefully this helps.

Posted 07/24/2007 11:23 PM   
Overheating usually causes artifacts to appear. Underpowering generally causes the behavior you've described.

I would check that you have sufficient +12V amperage. It only takes a simple look at the side of your PSU.

Amorphous

[quote name='DGNeo' date='Jul 24 2007, 03:23 PM']Yeah, I got my mobo updated, but it didn't help.

[right][snapback]227239[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Overheating usually causes artifacts to appear. Underpowering generally causes the behavior you've described.

I would check that you have sufficient +12V amperage. It only takes a simple look at the side of your PSU.

Amorphous

[quote name='DGNeo' date='Jul 24 2007, 03:23 PM']Yeah, I got my mobo updated, but it didn't help.

[snapback]227239[/snapback]

Posted 07/25/2007 12:52 AM   
I believe my PSU is good. I just checked the label, and under the +12V Rail it says 19A.

[img]http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/17-171-007-04.jpg[/img]
I believe my PSU is good. I just checked the label, and under the +12V Rail it says 19A.

Posted 07/25/2007 11:30 AM   
Double Post.

I think it might be World of Warcraft, because I was playing UT2004 Full Settings for about half an hour without any crashes.
Double Post.

I think it might be World of Warcraft, because I was playing UT2004 Full Settings for about half an hour without any crashes.

Posted 07/25/2007 12:30 PM   
Scroll To Top