Counter-Strike: Source keeps crashing HL2 Engine Error
"Internal Driver Error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()" is the error I get everytime I run CS:Source. It runs fine for about 4-5 mins and then it just closes me out and gives me the HL2 Engine Error alert box.

I just today figured out that the drivers for the GeForce FX cards were what I needed for my driver issue I was having, but I'm not sure why it's doing this. I've had this card for close to 2 yrs and have never had these problems until about 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to fix this problem?
"Internal Driver Error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()" is the error I get everytime I run CS:Source. It runs fine for about 4-5 mins and then it just closes me out and gives me the HL2 Engine Error alert box.

I just today figured out that the drivers for the GeForce FX cards were what I needed for my driver issue I was having, but I'm not sure why it's doing this. I've had this card for close to 2 yrs and have never had these problems until about 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to fix this problem?

Posted 06/22/2007 12:19 AM   
Note:

After I close out the box I mentioned above, I get another one that says "hl2.exe - Application Error - The instruction at "0xbf31bd8f" referenced memory at "0xbf31bd8f". The memory could not be "read". Clock on OK to terminate the program"

FWIW...
Note:

After I close out the box I mentioned above, I get another one that says "hl2.exe - Application Error - The instruction at "0xbf31bd8f" referenced memory at "0xbf31bd8f". The memory could not be "read". Clock on OK to terminate the program"

FWIW...

Posted 06/22/2007 12:28 AM   
Well, there could be a texture missing in the directory, or a corupt file, something simple like that, all I can suggest is reinstalling HL2 and CSS
Well, there could be a texture missing in the directory, or a corupt file, something simple like that, all I can suggest is reinstalling HL2 and CSS

Posted 06/25/2007 05:31 AM   
Scroll To Top