XFX 8800 GTX XXX Vista Issue / System halt
Hello People!

As i bought a XFX 8800 GTX XXX, i got some very strange problems while i am gaming.

When i was playing, the system always stopped working. The systems stops working, nothing more works and after some time the screen becomes black and the monitor is going off.
The problem only appears while i am gaming and as i later tried around, i found out that it has to do with the Antialiasing or Trilinear Filtering Settings in games.

I've got the problems in all Open GL games, so i am wondering now if my graphics-card is damaged or something?

Someone here, that has the same problem? I've read some topics in this forum but i am still unsure if it is a hardware problem.

I've got two systems and on both the same problem. A 7800 GT from XFX works perfectly.

1.)
AMD Opteron 148
OCZ DIMM 2 GB DDR-400 Kit
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Vista Ultimate

2.)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
Corsair DIMM 2 GB DDR2-800 DOM EPP Kit
Asus P5B Premium Vista
Vista Ultimate

To be mentioned:
I've tried also ALL vista drivers. On every driver the same problem.

Any ideas? Driver or hardware problem?

Greetings wisper
Hello People!

As i bought a XFX 8800 GTX XXX, i got some very strange problems while i am gaming.

When i was playing, the system always stopped working. The systems stops working, nothing more works and after some time the screen becomes black and the monitor is going off.

The problem only appears while i am gaming and as i later tried around, i found out that it has to do with the Antialiasing or Trilinear Filtering Settings in games.

I've got the problems in all Open GL games, so i am wondering now if my graphics-card is damaged or something?

Someone here, that has the same problem? I've read some topics in this forum but i am still unsure if it is a hardware problem.

I've got two systems and on both the same problem. A 7800 GT from XFX works perfectly.

1.)

AMD Opteron 148

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Vista Ultimate

2.)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700

Asus P5B Premium Vista

Vista Ultimate

To be mentioned:

Greetings wisper

Posted 05/30/2007 08:25 AM   
Hi wisper,

I've got the same problem.

I'm currently using Doom3 as a benchmark to see whether I still get this issue.

With 158.43, I can get to the menu, load a saved game and play for about 15 seconds before the screen freezes. The cursor freezes about 10 seconds after that. The monitor then loses the video signal. The system then restarts.

Dreamscene works for a while, then the same thing happens.

Also, if I leave the machine on overnight with the monitor switched off, I come back in the morning and the system has restarted.

Interestingly, I can RtCW 1.41 for as long as I care to.

At least Hold'em works without flashing. ;)

ne0ge0

===
Vista Ultimate
1x EVGA NF680 INTEL SLI MOBO
2x 768Mb XFX 8800GTX XXX (SLI)
1x Intel E6600 Core2Duo 2.40GHz
1x Ninja Fanless Heatpipe Cooler
1x Antec P180 Black Case
1x Corsair TwinX 2GB DDR2 8500DOM (2x1Gb)
1x Logitech Desktop MX5000
1x 22" Asus MW221U TFT
2x 150Gb WD1500AHFD Raptors
1x Creative Labs XFi Xtream Fatality Pro
1x Corsair Dominator Airflow Fan
1x Plextor DVDRW SATA 760SA
1x SilverStone 750W Modular Quad12v
Hi wisper,

I've got the same problem.

I'm currently using Doom3 as a benchmark to see whether I still get this issue.

With 158.43, I can get to the menu, load a saved game and play for about 15 seconds before the screen freezes. The cursor freezes about 10 seconds after that. The monitor then loses the video signal. The system then restarts.

Dreamscene works for a while, then the same thing happens.

Also, if I leave the machine on overnight with the monitor switched off, I come back in the morning and the system has restarted.

Interestingly, I can RtCW 1.41 for as long as I care to.

At least Hold'em works without flashing. ;)

ne0ge0

===

Vista Ultimate

1x EVGA NF680 INTEL SLI MOBO

2x 768Mb XFX 8800GTX XXX (SLI)

1x Intel E6600 Core2Duo 2.40GHz

1x Ninja Fanless Heatpipe Cooler

1x Antec P180 Black Case

1x Corsair TwinX 2GB DDR2 8500DOM (2x1Gb)

1x Logitech Desktop MX5000

1x 22" Asus MW221U TFT

2x 150Gb WD1500AHFD Raptors

1x Creative Labs XFi Xtream Fatality Pro

1x Corsair Dominator Airflow Fan

1x Plextor DVDRW SATA 760SA

1x SilverStone 750W Modular Quad12v

Posted 05/30/2007 10:35 AM   
Same error on XP. I hope its not a hardware problem.
Same error on XP. I hope its not a hardware problem.

Posted 05/30/2007 10:50 AM   
try uninstalling you sound card and try it
if it works with out sound try putting the sound card in another PCI slot
may be a conflict
try uninstalling you sound card and try it

if it works with out sound try putting the sound card in another PCI slot

may be a conflict

EGVA 123-K8-NF47-AX, FX-60 4 GB OCZ 3200
WD500KSRTL SATA , USB seagate exteral drive 160 gig
plexor PX-716A DVDR, Liteon DVD SOHD 16P95
eGVA 8800 gtx , 163.44 drivers
Vista Ultimate 64bit
X-FI Fataly Klipsch 5.1
PC Power&cooling 1000W power supply
MS 4000
Mouse MS wireless 6 button
VapoChill Extream

Posted 05/30/2007 05:38 PM   
[quote name='wisper' date='May 30 2007, 09:25 AM']Hello People!

1.)
AMD Opteron 148
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Vista Ultimate

2.)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
Asus P5B Premium Vista
Vista Ultimate

To be mentioned:

Greetings wisper
[right][snapback]203201[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hello Mate.!!! /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' />

Well you certanlly seem to have a problem. Your graphics card is gone!! and needs replacing. Sorry to say this. :ph34r: It is your card that projects the display on to the screen and that is a big problem with some cards, but first re install your driver for your card, I recommend 158.43, and restart.

Get back to me. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Regards
[quote name='wisper' date='May 30 2007, 09:25 AM']Hello People!

1.)

AMD Opteron 148

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Vista Ultimate

2.)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700

Asus P5B Premium Vista

Vista Ultimate

To be mentioned:

Greetings wisper

[snapback]203201[/snapback]

Hello Mate.!!! /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' />

Well you certanlly seem to have a problem. Your graphics card is gone!! and needs replacing. Sorry to say this. :ph34r: It is your card that projects the display on to the screen and that is a big problem with some cards, but first re install your driver for your card, I recommend 158.43, and restart.

Regards

Posted 05/30/2007 05:47 PM   
[quote name='glimmer' date='May 30 2007, 09:47 AM']Hello Mate.!!! /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' />

Regards
[right][snapback]203429[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I tried the installation/deinstallation serveral times. Nothing happens.

About the sound card: I will try it. But i believe this won't be the problem because the other mainboard has a different sound chip. I will try to deactivate the chip and see what happens.

Thanks so far. Maybe i will change my card to another one but i still hope that it is a driver problem. Nvidia seems to have a lot of problems with 8800 gtx.
[quote name='glimmer' date='May 30 2007, 09:47 AM']Hello Mate.!!! /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' />

Regards

[snapback]203429[/snapback]

I tried the installation/deinstallation serveral times. Nothing happens.

About the sound card: I will try it. But i believe this won't be the problem because the other mainboard has a different sound chip. I will try to deactivate the chip and see what happens.

Thanks so far. Maybe i will change my card to another one but i still hope that it is a driver problem. Nvidia seems to have a lot of problems with 8800 gtx.

Posted 05/31/2007 07:34 AM   
[quote name='wisper' date='May 31 2007, 08:34 AM']I tried the installation/deinstallation serveral times. Nothing happens.

[right][snapback]203660[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hello

Nvidia does`nt have alot of problems with the 8800. It`s vista that is causing the problems I.E. compatibility. I have a 8800 XFX xxx and mine works flawlessly on all games for the last 3 months on Vista 64 Bit and XP. :ph34r:

Also. if the 7800 work perfectily then it must be the 8800 card being faulty or not enough power. Oh` the sound card had got nothing to do with this problem, unless their is some conflicts with compatibility. :)

Regards /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
[quote name='wisper' date='May 31 2007, 08:34 AM']I tried the installation/deinstallation serveral times. Nothing happens.

[snapback]203660[/snapback]

Hello

Nvidia does`nt have alot of problems with the 8800. It`s vista that is causing the problems I.E. compatibility. I have a 8800 XFX xxx and mine works flawlessly on all games for the last 3 months on Vista 64 Bit and XP. :ph34r:

Also. if the 7800 work perfectily then it must be the 8800 card being faulty or not enough power. Oh` the sound card had got nothing to do with this problem, unless their is some conflicts with compatibility. :)

Regards /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 05/31/2007 09:04 AM   
Scroll To Top