Help! Sims 2 won't play
Hey, can anybody help me?

I recently bought The Sims 2 for PC and it installed fine and PC meets all of the specs needed to play the game.

However, when I try and play the game the splash-screen comes up and then a black screen follows and my PC restarts.

I disabled automatic restarts at system failure and the following message came up on the blue screen:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E

(0xC0000005, 0xBFAC707B, 0xB9B1BB80, 0x00000000)

*** nv4_disp.dll - Address BFAC707B base at BF905000, Datestamp 453bdc7a

I know this is something to do with the nv4_disp.dll driver but I don't know how to stop my PC crashing, resolve the issue and get playing my game :(
Hey, can anybody help me?

I recently bought The Sims 2 for PC and it installed fine and PC meets all of the specs needed to play the game.

However, when I try and play the game the splash-screen comes up and then a black screen follows and my PC restarts.

I disabled automatic restarts at system failure and the following message came up on the blue screen:

I know this is something to do with the nv4_disp.dll driver but I don't know how to stop my PC crashing, resolve the issue and get playing my game :(

Posted 05/26/2007 10:44 AM   
Try updating your video drivers and you DX to the most recent versions.
Try updating your video drivers and you DX to the most recent versions.

Posted 05/26/2007 04:38 PM   
[quote name='Hexen525' date='May 26 2007, 05:38 PM']Try updating your video drivers and you DX to the most recent versions.
[right][snapback]201813[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks, but hasn't made any difference unfortunately. Installed 93.71 drivers and DX 9.0c :s
[quote name='Hexen525' date='May 26 2007, 05:38 PM']Try updating your video drivers and you DX to the most recent versions.

[snapback]201813[/snapback]

Thanks, but hasn't made any difference unfortunately. Installed 93.71 drivers and DX 9.0c :s

Posted 05/26/2007 09:36 PM   
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][quote name='dave64' date='May 26 2007, 06:44 AM']Hey, can anybody help me?

I know this is something to do with the nv4_disp.dll driver but I don't know how to stop my PC crashing, resolve the issue and get playing my game  :(
[right][snapback]201721[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][quote name='dave64' date='May 26 2007, 06:44 AM']Hey, can anybody help me?

I know this is something to do with the nv4_disp.dll driver but I don't know how to stop my PC crashing, resolve the issue and get playing my game  :(

[snapback]201721[/snapback]

Posted 06/02/2007 10:33 PM   
Hello, I have read your complaint and I am having a very similar problem with the Nvida GeFore 7300 Le video card. I have a new Dell XPS 410 desktop computer that came with this card. I have always played the sims and I recently bought the sims 2 and the game crashes, and sends me a NV4 display issue and and physical memory dump error. I cannot play the game and this is a new computer. Dell says the problem is with the video card. this card a serious patch. /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

[quote name='dave64' date='May 26 2007, 06:44 AM']Hey, can anybody help me?

[right][snapback]201721[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hello, I have read your complaint and I am having a very similar problem with the Nvida GeFore 7300 Le video card. I have a new Dell XPS 410 desktop computer that came with this card. I have always played the sims and I recently bought the sims 2 and the game crashes, and sends me a NV4 display issue and and physical memory dump error. I cannot play the game and this is a new computer. Dell says the problem is with the video card. this card a serious patch. /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

[quote name='dave64' date='May 26 2007, 06:44 AM']Hey, can anybody help me?

[snapback]201721[/snapback]

Posted 06/02/2007 10:39 PM   
[quote name='rosemarie' date='Jun 2 2007, 11:39 PM']Hello, I have read your complaint and I am having a very similar problem with the Nvida GeFore 7300 Le video card. I have a new Dell XPS 410 desktop computer that came with this card. I have always played the sims and I recently bought the sims 2 and the game crashes, and sends me a NV4 display issue and and physical memory dump error. I cannot play the game and this is a new computer. Dell says the problem is with the video card. this card a  serious patch. /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />
[right][snapback]204692[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm glad it isn't just me then. I also have a a new PC and still doesn't work, the original Sims works though! And I can play Medieval II: Total War no problem and that game is 2 years newer than The Sims 2! How does that work?? I reckon it's EA/Maxis just being b*****s....

Does anyone know what the problem is? And it makes no difference after reinstalling the game with no background tasks, updating DX or having the latest compatible video drivers.... :wacko:
[quote name='rosemarie' date='Jun 2 2007, 11:39 PM']Hello, I have read your complaint and I am having a very similar problem with the Nvida GeFore 7300 Le video card. I have a new Dell XPS 410 desktop computer that came with this card. I have always played the sims and I recently bought the sims 2 and the game crashes, and sends me a NV4 display issue and and physical memory dump error. I cannot play the game and this is a new computer. Dell says the problem is with the video card. this card a  serious patch. /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

[snapback]204692[/snapback]

I'm glad it isn't just me then. I also have a a new PC and still doesn't work, the original Sims works though! And I can play Medieval II: Total War no problem and that game is 2 years newer than The Sims 2! How does that work?? I reckon it's EA/Maxis just being b*****s....

Does anyone know what the problem is? And it makes no difference after reinstalling the game with no background tasks, updating DX or having the latest compatible video drivers.... :wacko:

Posted 06/04/2007 02:53 PM   
Hi, I'm having the same problem. I play the game for a few minutes, the computer restarts. I set it to not automatically restart and I got the blue screen with that same message. I have a GeForce MX 4000 and all other specifications meet at least the minimum.
Now here's the thing, I've been playing the game for a few years on this same computer with the same specifications. The other day, my dad decided he didn't want the game in C drive anymore because it took up too much space, so it was moved to E drive. Also, while he was doing this, he somehow managed to delete just about everything on my user account. Before then it would crash occassionally, but it never did this.
So I'm confused, I don't know if he stuffed up my drivers or something. E drive has a lot of space.
Hi, I'm having the same problem. I play the game for a few minutes, the computer restarts. I set it to not automatically restart and I got the blue screen with that same message. I have a GeForce MX 4000 and all other specifications meet at least the minimum.

Now here's the thing, I've been playing the game for a few years on this same computer with the same specifications. The other day, my dad decided he didn't want the game in C drive anymore because it took up too much space, so it was moved to E drive. Also, while he was doing this, he somehow managed to delete just about everything on my user account. Before then it would crash occassionally, but it never did this.

So I'm confused, I don't know if he stuffed up my drivers or something. E drive has a lot of space.

Posted 03/20/2008 06:14 AM   
Nvidia has a texture fill error with the sims 2 engine, If you have a sims 2 computer and thats all you use it for ATi has never has this problem, unfortunately its just a hiccup in nvidias drivers. (Have you seen the sims 3 teaser the people look horrible) thesims3.ea.com
Nvidia has a texture fill error with the sims 2 engine, If you have a sims 2 computer and thats all you use it for ATi has never has this problem, unfortunately its just a hiccup in nvidias drivers. (Have you seen the sims 3 teaser the people look horrible) thesims3.ea.com

天にまします我らの父よ
ねがわくは御名をあがめさせたまえ
み国をきたらせたまえ
みこころの天になるごとく、地にもなさせたまえ
我らの日用の糧を、今日も与えたまえ
我らの罪を犯すものを、我らが許すごとく
我らの罪をも許したまえ
我らを試みにあわせず、悪より救い出したまえ
国と力と栄えとは、限りなくなんじのものなればなり
アーメン

Posted 03/20/2008 06:35 AM   
Scroll To Top