dual view missing
  1 / 2    
Sorry is this has already been posted -I searched but could find no solution.

I can't set my machine up to use the DualView monitor setup that I used to be able to with other Nvidia graphics cards. The option simply doesn't appear in my nvidia control panel or properties (although help constantly refers to it).

is there anything I could be doing/not doing to have made this option disapear? Also, I can't seem to set which is my primary/secondary monitor, or tell the system where the monitors are located relative to one another - I guess I would be able to do this if I could set the dual view option to work.

I have the following kit:

GeForce 8800 GTX
Forceware version: 158.22
Win XP Service Pack 2
Direct X version 9.0c
2x 1600x1200 on DVI-D connections

Any help would be most appreciated
Mike
Sorry is this has already been posted -I searched but could find no solution.

I can't set my machine up to use the DualView monitor setup that I used to be able to with other Nvidia graphics cards. The option simply doesn't appear in my nvidia control panel or properties (although help constantly refers to it).

is there anything I could be doing/not doing to have made this option disapear? Also, I can't seem to set which is my primary/secondary monitor, or tell the system where the monitors are located relative to one another - I guess I would be able to do this if I could set the dual view option to work.

I have the following kit:

GeForce 8800 GTX

Win XP Service Pack 2

Direct X version 9.0c

Mike

Posted 05/21/2007 06:53 PM   
bump
bump

Posted 05/22/2007 06:32 PM   
[quote name='Mikerogers' date='May 21 2007, 07:53 PM']Sorry is this has already been posted  -I searched but could find no solution.

I can't set my machine up to use the DualView monitor setup that I used to be able to with other Nvidia graphics cards.  The option simply doesn't appear in my nvidia control panel or properties (although help constantly refers to it).

is there anything I could be doing/not doing to have made this option disapear?  Also, I can't seem to set which is my primary/secondary monitor, or tell the system where the monitors are located relative to one another - I guess I would be able to do this if I could set the dual view option to work.

I have  the following kit:

GeForce 8800 GTX
Win XP Service Pack 2
Direct X version 9.0c

Mike
[right][snapback]199853[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Mike I'm having the exact same problem with a DELL with a 8800GTX card and XP SP2.
I've tried about 3 different drivers and none of them will allow Dualview...only Clone and Span.

It's driving me nuts!! I want to use it with 2 different sized monitors and resolutions for Flight Simulator.

Regards

Jim
[quote name='Mikerogers' date='May 21 2007, 07:53 PM']Sorry is this has already been posted  -I searched but could find no solution.

I can't set my machine up to use the DualView monitor setup that I used to be able to with other Nvidia graphics cards.  The option simply doesn't appear in my nvidia control panel or properties (although help constantly refers to it).

is there anything I could be doing/not doing to have made this option disapear?  Also, I can't seem to set which is my primary/secondary monitor, or tell the system where the monitors are located relative to one another - I guess I would be able to do this if I could set the dual view option to work.

I have  the following kit:

GeForce 8800 GTX

Win XP Service Pack 2

Direct X version 9.0c

Mike

[snapback]199853[/snapback]

Mike I'm having the exact same problem with a DELL with a 8800GTX card and XP SP2.

I've tried about 3 different drivers and none of them will allow Dualview...only Clone and Span.

It's driving me nuts!! I want to use it with 2 different sized monitors and resolutions for Flight Simulator.

Regards

Jim

Posted 05/25/2007 06:04 PM   
[quote name='jimcooper1' date='May 25 2007, 08:04 PM']Mike I'm having the exact same problem with a DELL with a 8800GTX card and XP SP2.

It's driving me nuts!!  I want to use it with 2 different sized monitors and resolutions for Flight Simulator.

Regards

Jim
[right][snapback]201494[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have this problem aswell .. got 2 different monitors .. and only clone and span is available.
[quote name='jimcooper1' date='May 25 2007, 08:04 PM']Mike I'm having the exact same problem with a DELL with a 8800GTX card and XP SP2.

It's driving me nuts!!  I want to use it with 2 different sized monitors and resolutions for Flight Simulator.

Regards

Jim

[snapback]201494[/snapback]

I have this problem aswell .. got 2 different monitors .. and only clone and span is available.

Posted 05/26/2007 05:30 PM   
I have a 8600GTS and a HD projector on the second DVI. When I switch it on, it is immediately detected. When I now enter the multi display options within the control panel, clone and span became available (no DualView). Only after rebooting with the projector switched on, I get the DualView option which is pretty annoying.
I have a 8600GTS and a HD projector on the second DVI. When I switch it on, it is immediately detected. When I now enter the multi display options within the control panel, clone and span became available (no DualView). Only after rebooting with the projector switched on, I get the DualView option which is pretty annoying.

Posted 06/02/2007 08:03 PM   
I had few problems getting my dual monitors set up. In the end I decided the DualView software was pony, and went for Windows standard plus Ultramon.

You really should get Ultramon, go to the website and download the trial and if you are a serious dual monitor user (how can you not be once you have tried it ;-)) then I am positive you'll buy it after a month. It will get you up and running straight away.

Let me know if it works for you.
I had few problems getting my dual monitors set up. In the end I decided the DualView software was pony, and went for Windows standard plus Ultramon.

You really should get Ultramon, go to the website and download the trial and if you are a serious dual monitor user (how can you not be once you have tried it ;-)) then I am positive you'll buy it after a month. It will get you up and running straight away.

Posted 06/03/2007 12:12 AM   
[quote name='boyband6666' date='Jun 2 2007, 04:12 PM']I had few problems getting my dual monitors set up. In the end I decided the DualView software was pony, and went for Windows standard plus Ultramon.

[right][snapback]204709[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I tried UltraMon, but it does not detect the two monitors plugged in to the card. The Nvidia driver seems to hide them from UltraMon. UltraMon requires windows standard multi monitor mode - which is DualView - which we don't have! >.<
[quote name='boyband6666' date='Jun 2 2007, 04:12 PM']I had few problems getting my dual monitors set up. In the end I decided the DualView software was pony, and went for Windows standard plus Ultramon.

[snapback]204709[/snapback]

I tried UltraMon, but it does not detect the two monitors plugged in to the card. The Nvidia driver seems to hide them from UltraMon. UltraMon requires windows standard multi monitor mode - which is DualView - which we don't have! >.<

Posted 06/04/2007 05:21 PM   
I was having the same problem with my 8800 GTX that came with my Dell XPS710. After searching through the Dell Forums, someone figured out that the nVidia driver was not enabling the DualView option in Windows.

To fix this you have to edit your registry. Run "regedit" from the command prompt and search for "DisableDualView". Modify the value from 1 to 0. Make sure to search for all instances of this entry (I had 6 of 'em), reboot and voila! The Multi-monitor wizard should start-up automatically. Problem solved.

[quote name='Mikerogers' date='Jun 4 2007, 10:21 AM']I tried UltraMon, but it does not detect the two monitors plugged in to the card.  The Nvidia driver seems to hide them from UltraMon.  UltraMon requires windows standard multi monitor mode - which is DualView - which we don't have!  >.<
[right][snapback]205263[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I was having the same problem with my 8800 GTX that came with my Dell XPS710. After searching through the Dell Forums, someone figured out that the nVidia driver was not enabling the DualView option in Windows.

To fix this you have to edit your registry. Run "regedit" from the command prompt and search for "DisableDualView". Modify the value from 1 to 0. Make sure to search for all instances of this entry (I had 6 of 'em), reboot and voila! The Multi-monitor wizard should start-up automatically. Problem solved.

[quote name='Mikerogers' date='Jun 4 2007, 10:21 AM']I tried UltraMon, but it does not detect the two monitors plugged in to the card.  The Nvidia driver seems to hide them from UltraMon.  UltraMon requires windows standard multi monitor mode - which is DualView - which we don't have!  >.<

[snapback]205263[/snapback]

Posted 06/07/2007 08:57 PM   
[quote name='Javus' date='Jun 7 2007, 12:57 PM']I was having the same problem with my 8800 GTX that came with my Dell XPS710. After searching through the Dell Forums, someone figured out that the nVidia driver was not enabling the DualView option in Windows.

[right][snapback]206658[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Excellent - that did the trick. Thanks very much for your help. :D
[quote name='Javus' date='Jun 7 2007, 12:57 PM']I was having the same problem with my 8800 GTX that came with my Dell XPS710. After searching through the Dell Forums, someone figured out that the nVidia driver was not enabling the DualView option in Windows.

[snapback]206658[/snapback]

Excellent - that did the trick. Thanks very much for your help. :D

Posted 06/07/2007 09:23 PM   
[quote name='Javus' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:57 PM']I was having the same problem with my 8800 GTX that came with my Dell XPS710. After searching through the Dell Forums, someone figured out that the nVidia driver was not enabling the DualView option in Windows.

[right][snapback]206658[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks very much..I figured it was some form of 'bloatware'. I'd almost given up hope of a reply so I put in a new hard-drive did a clean install of XP and nVidia and DualView worked just fine...Now I can go back to the ''infected" hard-drive and remove the registry entries...otherwise I was gonna spend the next 2 days re-installing all my software.

OK just done it about 15 instances of DisableDualView..it now works perfectly...Thanks again for saving me 2-days of work /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' /> /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Regards

Jim
[quote name='Javus' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:57 PM']I was having the same problem with my 8800 GTX that came with my Dell XPS710. After searching through the Dell Forums, someone figured out that the nVidia driver was not enabling the DualView option in Windows.

[snapback]206658[/snapback]

Thanks very much..I figured it was some form of 'bloatware'. I'd almost given up hope of a reply so I put in a new hard-drive did a clean install of XP and nVidia and DualView worked just fine...Now I can go back to the ''infected" hard-drive and remove the registry entries...otherwise I was gonna spend the next 2 days re-installing all my software.

OK just done it about 15 instances of DisableDualView..it now works perfectly...Thanks again for saving me 2-days of work /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' /> /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Regards

Jim

Posted 06/08/2007 06:46 PM   
Just had the same issue with an 8600GS found that installing the latest version of the driver resolved this issue.
Just had the same issue with an 8600GS found that installing the latest version of the driver resolved this issue.

Posted 04/06/2010 12:17 AM   
I tried searching DisableDualView on registry but I found none. When I try Dualview mode on NVIDIA control panel, one of my screen which is connected by DVI-D is blank with 'out of range' error message. However the other monitor seems to register it as dualview. I also tried Ultramon but not much luck there neither... Could someone tell me what I need to do? I have Geforce 7300 LE with latest driver and Win XP to play with.
I tried searching DisableDualView on registry but I found none. When I try Dualview mode on NVIDIA control panel, one of my screen which is connected by DVI-D is blank with 'out of range' error message. However the other monitor seems to register it as dualview. I also tried Ultramon but not much luck there neither... Could someone tell me what I need to do? I have Geforce 7300 LE with latest driver and Win XP to play with.

Posted 11/25/2010 05:11 AM   

Posted 11/25/2010 05:11 AM   
[quote name='rkim01' date='25 November 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1290661877' post='1151231']
[/quote]

i also found no DisableDualView when i did registry search; regedit, then Find...no results.
using GEforce 8400GS; XP SP3, Dell optiplex 520
dual view sets up monitor and hdtv, but no icons on secondary hdtv; just the desktop background, and now that's not centered properly either. mouse only works on one view; seems unpredictable which one. even if i switch to single view from monitor to hdtv, that doesn't operate as expected; can['t find cursor, can't save changes cuz i time out, etc.

any ideas?
[quote name='rkim01' date='25 November 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1290661877' post='1151231']

i also found no DisableDualView when i did registry search; regedit, then Find...no results.

using GEforce 8400GS; XP SP3, Dell optiplex 520

dual view sets up monitor and hdtv, but no icons on secondary hdtv; just the desktop background, and now that's not centered properly either. mouse only works on one view; seems unpredictable which one. even if i switch to single view from monitor to hdtv, that doesn't operate as expected; can['t find cursor, can't save changes cuz i time out, etc.

any ideas?

Posted 02/24/2011 01:24 PM   
guess what guys, i'm having the same problem. Surprise surprise.

1. As for upgrading the driver, I can't do that because if I exceed the current driver it means I can no longer play 'Quake 1', 'Doom legacy', etc...

2. Registry edit search revealed nothing.

Has anybody found a solution for this?

Maybe if somebody could tell me where the "DisableDualView" registry key is located, I might find it under a different name...???
guess what guys, i'm having the same problem. Surprise surprise.

1. As for upgrading the driver, I can't do that because if I exceed the current driver it means I can no longer play 'Quake 1', 'Doom legacy', etc...

2. Registry edit search revealed nothing.

Has anybody found a solution for this?

Maybe if somebody could tell me where the "DisableDualView" registry key is located, I might find it under a different name...???

Posted 03/01/2011 08:49 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top