How do I access the nvidia control panel?
I just installed the newest drivers (I believe 94.24) for my geforce 6800. I can't find the control panel anywhere...

Here is a screenshot...

[img]http://transcendguild.net/seto/controlpanel.jpg[/img]

In the window that has General, Adapter, Monitor, etc there is usually a tab that has my video card's name that would bring the control panel up but it is not present. Am I missing something, do I have to download something else? The previous drivers were the ones that came with my computer (which I bought 1.5 years ago or so)
I just installed the newest drivers (I believe 94.24) for my geforce 6800. I can't find the control panel anywhere...

Here is a screenshot...

In the window that has General, Adapter, Monitor, etc there is usually a tab that has my video card's name that would bring the control panel up but it is not present. Am I missing something, do I have to download something else? The previous drivers were the ones that came with my computer (which I bought 1.5 years ago or so)

Posted 05/18/2007 05:48 AM   
Search for a file named "nvcplui.exe". If there isn't one, you will have to reinstall the drivers. One hint, though: do not install them by double clicking the driver install file. Instead, extract the files with WinZip, WinRAR or 7Zip, and go through installation manually: right-click the "My Computer" icon, navigate to Device Manager, right-click on your display adapter->Update Driver->Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)->Don't Search. I will choose the drivers to install.->Have Disk...->you get the idea. Don't know if it makes any difference, but I prefer the manual method anyway. :)
Search for a file named "nvcplui.exe". If there isn't one, you will have to reinstall the drivers. One hint, though: do not install them by double clicking the driver install file. Instead, extract the files with WinZip, WinRAR or 7Zip, and go through installation manually: right-click the "My Computer" icon, navigate to Device Manager, right-click on your display adapter->Update Driver->Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)->Don't Search. I will choose the drivers to install.->Have Disk...->you get the idea. Don't know if it makes any difference, but I prefer the manual method anyway. :)

Posted 05/18/2007 04:44 PM   
Scroll To Top