NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Driver Help
I just bought a computer with Windows Vista Home Premium and a NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller. I'm having problems playing QuickTime movies. Apple Tech Support told me it's a problem with NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA (SATA) controllers and that NVIDIA is investigating the issue.

Has the problem alreadty been fixed? If not, will it be?

Will there be a Vista driver for NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller?

Are [i]NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller[/i] [i]and NVIDIA nForce 430/410/405/400[/i] the same thing?

Thanks.
I just bought a computer with Windows Vista Home Premium and a NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller. I'm having problems playing QuickTime movies. Apple Tech Support told me it's a problem with NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA (SATA) controllers and that NVIDIA is investigating the issue.

Has the problem alreadty been fixed? If not, will it be?

Will there be a Vista driver for NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller?

Are NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller and NVIDIA nForce 430/410/405/400 the same thing?

Thanks.

Posted 05/14/2007 10:09 AM   
Hmm, I just got some updated SATA nForce 4 drivers this morning from Windows Update. Check yours and see if there are some for you too.
Hmm, I just got some updated SATA nForce 4 drivers this morning from Windows Update. Check yours and see if there are some for you too.

Posted 05/14/2007 12:14 PM   
[quote name='Hexen525' date='May 14 2007, 08:14 AM']Hmm, I just got some updated SATA nForce 4 drivers this morning from Windows Update. Check yours and see if there are some for you too.
[right][snapback]196766[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks, Hexen525, but according to Windows Update, everything is up to date. Windows Device Manager also says I have the best driver for NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller on my computer. I looked through the NVIDIA drivers again and there still doesn't seem to be an update for Vista.

What is the SATA nForce 4 driver and is it compatible with my NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller?
[quote name='Hexen525' date='May 14 2007, 08:14 AM']Hmm, I just got some updated SATA nForce 4 drivers this morning from Windows Update. Check yours and see if there are some for you too.

[snapback]196766[/snapback]

Thanks, Hexen525, but according to Windows Update, everything is up to date. Windows Device Manager also says I have the best driver for NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller on my computer. I looked through the NVIDIA drivers again and there still doesn't seem to be an update for Vista.

What is the SATA nForce 4 driver and is it compatible with my NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller?

Posted 05/14/2007 06:53 PM   
It's been a couple of days. Can anyone else help me?
It's been a couple of days. Can anyone else help me?

Posted 05/16/2007 11:05 AM   
Is your 430/410 card an add-on card or built into your mobo?
Is your 430/410 card an add-on card or built into your mobo?

Posted 05/16/2007 02:39 PM   
I'm having the same problem. Apple has a post on their site saying NVIDIA is investigating the issue. I have found if I put the quicktime content on a CD and play it from CD it will work. It's an ugly work around but at least you can view your quicktime files. I'm also running laptop with Vista Home Premium and the nForce430 controller
I'm having the same problem. Apple has a post on their site saying NVIDIA is investigating the issue. I have found if I put the quicktime content on a CD and play it from CD it will work. It's an ugly work around but at least you can view your quicktime files. I'm also running laptop with Vista Home Premium and the nForce430 controller

Posted 05/17/2007 03:22 AM   
[quote name='Hexen525' date='May 16 2007, 06:39 AM']Is your 430/410 card an add-on card or built into your mobo?
[right][snapback]197635[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

HUH? Since when does Nvidia put Chipset SATA (i.e. SATA that's part of their Motherboard Chipsets) on an add-in card?
[quote name='Hexen525' date='May 16 2007, 06:39 AM']Is your 430/410 card an add-on card or built into your mobo?

[snapback]197635[/snapback]

HUH? Since when does Nvidia put Chipset SATA (i.e. SATA that's part of their Motherboard Chipsets) on an add-in card?

Posted 05/17/2007 09:51 AM   
[quote name='signal64' date='May 17 2007, 03:51 AM']HUH?  Since when does Nvidia put Chipset SATA (i.e. SATA that's part of their Motherboard Chipsets) on an add-in card?
[right][snapback]197952[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hell if I know. Just covering all the bases before I linked [url="http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp"]this page[/url] for drivers to all nForce mobos. Make sure you get the right ones for either Intel/AMD and 32-bit/64-bit.
[quote name='signal64' date='May 17 2007, 03:51 AM']HUH?  Since when does Nvidia put Chipset SATA (i.e. SATA that's part of their Motherboard Chipsets) on an add-in card?

[snapback]197952[/snapback]

Hell if I know. Just covering all the bases before I linked this page for drivers to all nForce mobos. Make sure you get the right ones for either Intel/AMD and 32-bit/64-bit.

Posted 05/17/2007 01:24 PM   
[quote name='hamishj' date='May 16 2007, 11:22 PM']I'm having the same problem. Apple has a post on their site saying NVIDIA is investigating the issue. I have found if I put the quicktime content on a CD and play it from CD it will work.  It's an ugly work around but at least you can view your quicktime files. I'm also running laptop with Vista Home Premium and the nForce430 controller
[right][snapback]197885[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Leave it up to Apple to take down my rock-solid Vista box /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

Sure enough, after installing the nforce4 updates from WU this morning, my MP4 videos would no longer play or sync to my iPod. iTunes would crash, Quicktime gave an error -2002, and eventually kaboom... BSOD!

Rolling the SATA controllers back to "Standard PCI IDE Controller" works around it for now. I thought it was just a bad update. I had no idea it was a specific nForce+Quicktime issue!
[quote name='hamishj' date='May 16 2007, 11:22 PM']I'm having the same problem. Apple has a post on their site saying NVIDIA is investigating the issue. I have found if I put the quicktime content on a CD and play it from CD it will work.  It's an ugly work around but at least you can view your quicktime files. I'm also running laptop with Vista Home Premium and the nForce430 controller

[snapback]197885[/snapback]

Leave it up to Apple to take down my rock-solid Vista box /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

Sure enough, after installing the nforce4 updates from WU this morning, my MP4 videos would no longer play or sync to my iPod. iTunes would crash, Quicktime gave an error -2002, and eventually kaboom... BSOD!

Rolling the SATA controllers back to "Standard PCI IDE Controller" works around it for now. I thought it was just a bad update. I had no idea it was a specific nForce+Quicktime issue!

Posted 05/22/2007 05:32 AM   
quote=Coyote,May 21 2007, 10:32 PM]

[right][snapback]200058[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Try installing latest quicktime version since that seems to have helped my Vista install. I haven't seen any BSOD due to playing quicktime files lately but about a month ago I was getting a ton of them and I blogged all about it here:
quicktime and vista don't mix
[url="http://pcandmactech.blogspot.com/2007/03/vista-and-quicktime-dont-mix.html"]Vista+quicktime=BSOD[/url]
quote=Coyote,May 21 2007, 10:32 PM]

[snapback]200058[/snapback]

Try installing latest quicktime version since that seems to have helped my Vista install. I haven't seen any BSOD due to playing quicktime files lately but about a month ago I was getting a ton of them and I blogged all about it here:

quicktime and vista don't mix

Vista+quicktime=BSOD

Posted 05/22/2007 09:24 AM   
Latest is 7.1.6, right? That's what the Apple software updater puts me at.
'm still getting BSOD/files not playing/app crashes w/ QT 7.1.6 if the Nforce SATA update is installed.
Latest is 7.1.6, right? That's what the Apple software updater puts me at.

'm still getting BSOD/files not playing/app crashes w/ QT 7.1.6 if the Nforce SATA update is installed.

Posted 05/22/2007 09:53 AM   
[quote name='Coyote' date='May 21 2007, 10:32 PM']Leave it up to Apple to take down my rock-solid Vista box  /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

[right][snapback]200058[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[quote name='Coyote' date='May 21 2007, 10:32 PM']Leave it up to Apple to take down my rock-solid Vista box  /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

[snapback]200058[/snapback]

Posted 05/23/2007 02:10 AM   
Coyote, thanks for the post I also rolled back to the "Standard PCI IDE Controller" drivers and my quicktime content plays fine. /smile2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':))' />
Coyote, thanks for the post I also rolled back to the "Standard PCI IDE Controller" drivers and my quicktime content plays fine. /smile2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':))' />

Posted 05/23/2007 02:13 AM   
I had to use the Standard IDE driver roll back 'work-around' to fix this issue on my new notebook. I feel as though this is an unsatisfactory end to this story and that good drivers ought to be released by nVidia.

When I first bought the notebook from HP, I noticed the issue with my protected iTunes video purchases. HP was unable to provide a fix for me and merely had me trying things that were unrelated. I passed the fix on to HP and suggested that they pass it on to their other techs, but I doubt they have done so.
I had to use the Standard IDE driver roll back 'work-around' to fix this issue on my new notebook. I feel as though this is an unsatisfactory end to this story and that good drivers ought to be released by nVidia.

When I first bought the notebook from HP, I noticed the issue with my protected iTunes video purchases. HP was unable to provide a fix for me and merely had me trying things that were unrelated. I passed the fix on to HP and suggested that they pass it on to their other techs, but I doubt they have done so.

Posted 06/08/2007 07:20 PM   
Not sure if this is the place to find help with this issue but it is the closes description to the issue i have.

I am trying to find an up dated driver for my Nvidia nForce Serial ATA Controller but can not find it. The i have is Version: 5.10.2600.998 Date: 8/9/2007 the one i am told is the up dated one is Version: 11.1.0.33 Date 8/3/2009.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
Not sure if this is the place to find help with this issue but it is the closes description to the issue i have.

I am trying to find an up dated driver for my Nvidia nForce Serial ATA Controller but can not find it. The i have is Version: 5.10.2600.998 Date: 8/9/2007 the one i am told is the up dated one is Version: 11.1.0.33 Date 8/3/2009.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Posted 05/12/2011 08:00 AM   
Scroll To Top