Strange problems with 3ds max and wmplayer
I'm having some strange problems with 3ds max9 and windows media player. Whenever my mouse is in the viewport and i'm watching a video in wmplayer in side by side windows the video jumps. As soon as I move it away or change to shaded mode not displaying any wireframe the video continues but the audio never jumps. So it's video related.

The strangest thing is that when I change in 3ds max to openGL and not direct3d even when 3ds max is closed, I can't watch any videos, they don't display right and are stuffed. Audio comes through though. As soon as I change back to direct3d in 3ds max the videos work again.

I have no clue why this happens. Can someone please help me as my friend has almost the same setup but doesn't have this issue. I have a nvidia chipset though and his is intel, not sure if that will make a difference.

Thanks.
I'm having some strange problems with 3ds max9 and windows media player. Whenever my mouse is in the viewport and i'm watching a video in wmplayer in side by side windows the video jumps. As soon as I move it away or change to shaded mode not displaying any wireframe the video continues but the audio never jumps. So it's video related.

The strangest thing is that when I change in 3ds max to openGL and not direct3d even when 3ds max is closed, I can't watch any videos, they don't display right and are stuffed. Audio comes through though. As soon as I change back to direct3d in 3ds max the videos work again.

I have no clue why this happens. Can someone please help me as my friend has almost the same setup but doesn't have this issue. I have a nvidia chipset though and his is intel, not sure if that will make a difference.

Thanks.

Striker Extreme bios 1102| Intel QX6700 | Team Elite 4x1Gb | XFX 8800GTX | WD Raptor X 150GB | Sony 830 | Hauppauge 150 WinTV-PVR | Zalman 9700 LED | Cooler Master 650W Extreme Power Duo | Cooler Master 830 EVO | Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

Posted 05/12/2007 12:00 AM   
the same thing happens to me. seems it's 8800 related bug, as on my old radeon9800 everything worked fine.
now whenever I have 3dsmax opened (max 8 or 9) videos played by wmplayer become corrupted - screen jumps, frames get repeated over and over again, and finally all I can see is lots of colourfull pixels and shapes - mostly pink and green /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

it's annoying 'cause I very often have to watch previews of my animations while working in max.

has anybody any clue as to why this is happening?

thanks!

(and btw - hi to all forumers!!)
the same thing happens to me. seems it's 8800 related bug, as on my old radeon9800 everything worked fine.

now whenever I have 3dsmax opened (max 8 or 9) videos played by wmplayer become corrupted - screen jumps, frames get repeated over and over again, and finally all I can see is lots of colourfull pixels and shapes - mostly pink and green /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

it's annoying 'cause I very often have to watch previews of my animations while working in max.

has anybody any clue as to why this is happening?

thanks!

(and btw - hi to all forumers!!)

Posted 05/12/2007 02:32 PM   
But's whats strange is that my friend has a Gainward 8800GTX and his doesn't do it but mine does. It's very strange and annoying. But I also get the pink and green block thing.

Please if anyone can help.
But's whats strange is that my friend has a Gainward 8800GTX and his doesn't do it but mine does. It's very strange and annoying. But I also get the pink and green block thing.

Please if anyone can help.

Striker Extreme bios 1102| Intel QX6700 | Team Elite 4x1Gb | XFX 8800GTX | WD Raptor X 150GB | Sony 830 | Hauppauge 150 WinTV-PVR | Zalman 9700 LED | Cooler Master 650W Extreme Power Duo | Cooler Master 830 EVO | Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

Posted 05/12/2007 10:07 PM   
Strange, very strange.

I've the same expirience with Quadro FX5600, and this is not a cheap card (3500$).

anyone?

thanks to anyone that anaswer.

Best regards,

Amir.
Strange, very strange.

I've the same expirience with Quadro FX5600, and this is not a cheap card (3500$).

anyone?

thanks to anyone that anaswer.

Best regards,

Amir.

Posted 06/24/2007 05:22 PM   
just curious... are you using lcd monitors? because i am experiencing that problem also and when i asked my friends about it they say because of the monitor i am using and encourage me to switch to crt monitor instead... for now i need to live up with those graphic problems coz' i can't find 19" or bigger crt monitor in our place... too bad...
just curious... are you using lcd monitors? because i am experiencing that problem also and when i asked my friends about it they say because of the monitor i am using and encourage me to switch to crt monitor instead... for now i need to live up with those graphic problems coz' i can't find 19" or bigger crt monitor in our place... too bad...

Posted 06/26/2007 02:07 PM   
Yep.

I do have LCD monitor.

weird!
Yep.

I do have LCD monitor.

weird!

Posted 06/26/2007 03:29 PM   
[quote name='amircoh' date='Jun 26 2007, 07:29 AM']Yep.

I do have LCD monitor.

weird!
[right][snapback]214569[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i guess that explains it... it really weird but theoritically it is very possible that LCD monitors cause most of the graphic cards to malfunction because of their low resolution... compared to crt of course... i think it will be better for the graphic cards manufacturer to produce graphic cards which will perfectly function wiht the vulnerability of LCD...
[quote name='amircoh' date='Jun 26 2007, 07:29 AM']Yep.

I do have LCD monitor.

weird!

[snapback]214569[/snapback]

i guess that explains it... it really weird but theoritically it is very possible that LCD monitors cause most of the graphic cards to malfunction because of their low resolution... compared to crt of course... i think it will be better for the graphic cards manufacturer to produce graphic cards which will perfectly function wiht the vulnerability of LCD...

Posted 06/26/2007 03:41 PM   
Nvidia doesn't have any solution for this? some patch or upgragde?
anyway, next week i'll try to connect my CRT monitor and check it. I will report if there will be any changes.
Nvidia doesn't have any solution for this? some patch or upgragde?

anyway, next week i'll try to connect my CRT monitor and check it. I will report if there will be any changes.

Posted 06/27/2007 11:59 AM   
[quote name='amircoh' date='Jun 27 2007, 01:59 PM']Nvidia doesn't have any solution for this? some patch or upgragde?
[right][snapback]214949[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There seems to be no connection between screen corruption in wmp/max combo and monitor type. I'm on double CRT, and the problem occurs allmost everytime - there are exceptions, when I'm able to watch movies (mpg, avi and wmv) while working in 3dsmax, but extremely rare.

I'm running max in direct3d mode, on a 8800gtx - dual dvi but with vga converters for my crt monitors.

To be honest - this issue is VERY annoying, as I very often have to watch my animations' previews, and closing and then reopening max with huge scene files is a real pain in the arse......

so nVidia - any comments on that?
[quote name='amircoh' date='Jun 27 2007, 01:59 PM']Nvidia doesn't have any solution for this? some patch or upgragde?

[snapback]214949[/snapback]

There seems to be no connection between screen corruption in wmp/max combo and monitor type. I'm on double CRT, and the problem occurs allmost everytime - there are exceptions, when I'm able to watch movies (mpg, avi and wmv) while working in 3dsmax, but extremely rare.

I'm running max in direct3d mode, on a 8800gtx - dual dvi but with vga converters for my crt monitors.

To be honest - this issue is VERY annoying, as I very often have to watch my animations' previews, and closing and then reopening max with huge scene files is a real pain in the arse......

so nVidia - any comments on that?

Posted 08/22/2007 04:42 PM   
Hi.. I have the same problem too,
With no LCD monitor, (The monitor type is not important)
When I change the 3dsmax9 graphic mode to Direct3D, I give critical errors in max environment and the applocation closes (Terminates)
I had a XFX Gforce 6200
And now a Gforce 7200 (512 MB)
And the problem!
By the way my motherboard chipset is nforce570..
Hi.. I have the same problem too,

With no LCD monitor, (The monitor type is not important)

When I change the 3dsmax9 graphic mode to Direct3D, I give critical errors in max environment and the applocation closes (Terminates)

I had a XFX Gforce 6200

And now a Gforce 7200 (512 MB)

And the problem!

By the way my motherboard chipset is nforce570..

Posted 11/25/2007 11:51 PM   
It has been my experience that attempting to run two applications using any part of DirectX together is usually a really good way to cause bad things to happen in Windows.

But, presuming that things have improved on that respect over the last few years, perhaps trying a different media player? Might bug Autodesk about it, too.
It has been my experience that attempting to run two applications using any part of DirectX together is usually a really good way to cause bad things to happen in Windows.

But, presuming that things have improved on that respect over the last few years, perhaps trying a different media player? Might bug Autodesk about it, too.

Posted 11/26/2007 01:37 AM   
Scroll To Top