Geforce 7600 256 GT Agp Wont work on my computer
Okay I've got a big problem with this geforce 7600 GT agp version.

My motherboard for starters just doesnt recognise the geforce card. It doesnt show on the page with the hardware, just -? videocontroller. But when start my system the first thing i see is the correct name and type of the card. So I ignored the situation and installed the newest drivers fot the card. After alot of trouble getting the drivers installed (locking up, not booting after restart etc). It showed as 'display adaptor' but as a geforce 6600 GT.

I've got the latest windows version, newest drivers for my motherboard except the bios drivers.

Could anyone give me a clue what to do about this?

My system has a 300W power supply (min req for the card) and the motherboard is an asus P4S800 MX SE.

thx alot
Okay I've got a big problem with this geforce 7600 GT agp version.

My motherboard for starters just doesnt recognise the geforce card. It doesnt show on the page with the hardware, just -? videocontroller. But when start my system the first thing i see is the correct name and type of the card. So I ignored the situation and installed the newest drivers fot the card. After alot of trouble getting the drivers installed (locking up, not booting after restart etc). It showed as 'display adaptor' but as a geforce 6600 GT.

I've got the latest windows version, newest drivers for my motherboard except the bios drivers.

My system has a 300W power supply (min req for the card) and the motherboard is an asus P4S800 MX SE.

thx alot

Posted 05/10/2007 08:08 PM   
[quote name='zwerg' date='May 10 2007, 09:08 PM']Okay I've got a big problem with this geforce 7600 GT agp version.

thx alot
[right][snapback]195540[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hi!

Did you disable the on board SiS 661FX graphic chip in bios, before you installed the new card?

Also a Bios and chipset driver update may be needed.
[quote name='zwerg' date='May 10 2007, 09:08 PM']Okay I've got a big problem with this geforce 7600 GT agp version.

thx alot

[snapback]195540[/snapback]

Hi!

Did you disable the on board SiS 661FX graphic chip in bios, before you installed the new card?

Also a Bios and chipset driver update may be needed.

Case: Antec P 180B. modded. 2 x 120mm Noctua fans.

Psu: Corsair HX 750W modular.

Mobo: EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR.

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 2.6GHz @ 3.4 GHz.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366.

RAM: Kingston HyperX 3GB DDR 3. 1600

Video cards: Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X Crossfire.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar 640gb Black edt.

Sound: Auzentech X-FI Prelude. Camebridge Desktop theatre 5.1 speakers.

Posted 05/11/2007 10:19 AM   
could be PSU as well.....

check your amps on your psu's 12v rail.
could be PSU as well.....

check your amps on your psu's 12v rail.

Posted 05/12/2007 09:46 AM   
Gonna try that, and sorry but i'm quite noob at this what is my PSU rail :P
Gonna try that, and sorry but i'm quite noob at this what is my PSU rail :P

Posted 05/12/2007 02:27 PM   
Okay i just inserted the new card again and as before he tells me new hardware found, videocontroller vga compatible. But not like with my asus card the name etc of the card. Is this caused by my motherboards bios?
Okay i just inserted the new card again and as before he tells me new hardware found, videocontroller vga compatible. But not like with my asus card the name etc of the card. Is this caused by my motherboards bios?

Posted 05/12/2007 02:39 PM   
[quote name='zwerg' date='May 12 2007, 03:39 PM']Okay i just inserted the new card again and as before he tells me new hardware found, videocontroller vga compatible. But not like with my asus card the name etc of the card. Is this caused by my motherboards bios?
[right][snapback]196147[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Did you install the driver for the new card?
[quote name='zwerg' date='May 12 2007, 03:39 PM']Okay i just inserted the new card again and as before he tells me new hardware found, videocontroller vga compatible. But not like with my asus card the name etc of the card. Is this caused by my motherboards bios?

[snapback]196147[/snapback]

Did you install the driver for the new card?

Case: Antec P 180B. modded. 2 x 120mm Noctua fans.

Psu: Corsair HX 750W modular.

Mobo: EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR.

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 2.6GHz @ 3.4 GHz.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366.

RAM: Kingston HyperX 3GB DDR 3. 1600

Video cards: Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X Crossfire.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar 640gb Black edt.

Sound: Auzentech X-FI Prelude. Camebridge Desktop theatre 5.1 speakers.

Posted 05/12/2007 04:09 PM   
Scroll To Top