FSX poor performance Need some graphics help.
My system specs are as follows:

1024 MB RAM
Pentium D 900 (2.4 Ghz x 2)
Nvidia 7300 GT 512 MB Memory
HP vs17e LCD Monitor (yeah that's not all that important but I thought I might throw it in)

My whole setup is slightly over 6 months old. I thought that buying the new graphics card would allow me to run FSX a whole lot higher than I was running it (my built in piece of crap integrated graphics card was nothing special, and by the way, I did disable it.). I saved so long to buy the card. I installed it, jacked up the graphics, and was not impressed. Yes, it did majorly improve the quality of the graphics, but the game is slow and sluggish, the FPS is terrible (only set to 25 max.) and it just wasn't what I wanted it to be. I know that FSX can take a toll on even the highest of high end rigs, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a better sim experience.
My system specs are as follows:

1024 MB RAM

HP vs17e LCD Monitor (yeah that's not all that important but I thought I might throw it in)

My whole setup is slightly over 6 months old. I thought that buying the new graphics card would allow me to run FSX a whole lot higher than I was running it (my built in piece of crap integrated graphics card was nothing special, and by the way, I did disable it.). I saved so long to buy the card. I installed it, jacked up the graphics, and was not impressed. Yes, it did majorly improve the quality of the graphics, but the game is slow and sluggish, the FPS is terrible (only set to 25 max.) and it just wasn't what I wanted it to be. I know that FSX can take a toll on even the highest of high end rigs, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a better sim experience.

Posted 05/10/2007 12:35 AM   
[quote name='AfterEffectsMan' date='May 10 2007, 01:35 AM']My system specs are as follows:

1024 MB RAM
[right][snapback]195209[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

See if the new released service pack 1 for FSX helps... also turn down the autogen scenery settings, from within the display options, that's a real killer of frame rates.
I have a E6600 prcessor , GTS8800 & 2GB ram & can't run it at max settings. The new service pack improved things by approx 25-33% increase in frame rate, with your kit it will obviously differ.
[quote name='AfterEffectsMan' date='May 10 2007, 01:35 AM']My system specs are as follows:

1024 MB RAM

[snapback]195209[/snapback]

See if the new released service pack 1 for FSX helps... also turn down the autogen scenery settings, from within the display options, that's a real killer of frame rates.

I have a E6600 prcessor , GTS8800 & 2GB ram & can't run it at max settings. The new service pack improved things by approx 25-33% increase in frame rate, with your kit it will obviously differ.

Posted 05/16/2007 05:05 PM   
I had a lot of problems when i first installed my Ge 7300GT 256 mb graphic card. All the games used to lag. Then i installed a small fan in my CPU cabinet & it solved my problem.
I had a lot of problems when i first installed my Ge 7300GT 256 mb graphic card. All the games used to lag. Then i installed a small fan in my CPU cabinet & it solved my problem.

Posted 05/18/2007 08:18 PM   
FSX is a hard sim to run :) I gotta say check out avsim.net to find all the tweaks that you can do to increase performance. There's alot. You'll be busy for weeks. :)
FSX is a hard sim to run :) I gotta say check out avsim.net to find all the tweaks that you can do to increase performance. There's alot. You'll be busy for weeks. :)

Posted 05/20/2007 06:40 PM   
The Pentium D isn't the best for FSX. I had a Pentium D 940 (3.2GHZ) and it struggled to do anything even with a 8800GTX. If you turn auto gen off then it should not be too bad.
The Pentium D isn't the best for FSX. I had a Pentium D 940 (3.2GHZ) and it struggled to do anything even with a 8800GTX. If you turn auto gen off then it should not be too bad.

Posted 05/29/2007 08:59 AM   
Scroll To Top