FS9 AA Problem 8800GTS 640mb
  1 / 3    
Hey,

Im having a problem with fs2004 and my gf 8800gts. It seems the aa isnt working at all, from the looks of it, its like no settings i set for the GPU in nvidia control panel are responding in fs. Whats going on!!!! Im using the latest drivers 158.22. Btw im not sure but from skimming the forums, is this a common problem? How is it fixable.

Specs:
Core 2 Duo E6600@2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair DDR2
Asus EN8800GTS 640mb
Gigabyte 965P DS3 mobo
Hey,

Im having a problem with fs2004 and my gf 8800gts. It seems the aa isnt working at all, from the looks of it, its like no settings i set for the GPU in nvidia control panel are responding in fs. Whats going on!!!! Im using the latest drivers 158.22. Btw im not sure but from skimming the forums, is this a common problem? How is it fixable.

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6600@2.4Ghz

2GB Corsair DDR2

Asus EN8800GTS 640mb

Gigabyte 965P DS3 mobo

Posted 05/08/2007 02:30 PM   
??????????? /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
??????????? /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Posted 05/09/2007 06:25 AM   
Same story at me. But I put back the last 9x.xx driver, I think it's 97.78, and it works fine again.
Same story at me. But I put back the last 9x.xx driver, I think it's 97.78, and it works fine again.

Posted 05/09/2007 08:04 AM   
so there is no other solution to this? im having the same problem as well with the 1xx.x drivers, the problem in my case is that the 9x.xx drivers have a bug that seems to reset my clock frequency settings all the time.
so there is no other solution to this? im having the same problem as well with the 1xx.x drivers, the problem in my case is that the 9x.xx drivers have a bug that seems to reset my clock frequency settings all the time.

ASUS Striker II Formula
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 3Ghz
Gainward GeForce GTX 470, 1280MB
OCZ Reaper 2x2GB PC2-8500
Corsair TX850W - 850W
Creative X-FI XtremeGamer

Posted 05/10/2007 10:50 PM   
I am going to revive this topic, as it seems to be ignored by the NVIDIA reps on this board.

I have exactly the same issue, so does a whole bunch of other people. This is indicated by numerous postings on this board and other FSim related forums.

NVIDIA, can we please get some explanation of this soon?!

I don’t think reverting to an older driver can be considered as a solution.

Thanks!
[b]
EDIT[/b]

PS I submitted this problem to the NVIDIA Support team, lets see if we hear anything from them….
I am going to revive this topic, as it seems to be ignored by the NVIDIA reps on this board.

I have exactly the same issue, so does a whole bunch of other people. This is indicated by numerous postings on this board and other FSim related forums.

NVIDIA, can we please get some explanation of this soon?!

I don’t think reverting to an older driver can be considered as a solution.

Thanks!

EDIT

PS I submitted this problem to the NVIDIA Support team, lets see if we hear anything from them….

Posted 05/15/2007 07:18 PM   
[u][i][b]Ok here is my update to this thread:[/b][/i][/u]

Last night I got an update from Nvidia support team on the issue. They suggested I downgrade the driver to the version 100.65.

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.65.html"]Download driver 100.65 here[/url]

I did not have a chance to test this yet, but as soon as do I will report on it…

I can’t say I particularly like this solution because this is sort of a “band-aid” type of fix that, if works, will only satisfy me temporarily. I really hope that this is solved in the new version of the driver.

Cheers.
Ok here is my update to this thread:

Last night I got an update from Nvidia support team on the issue. They suggested I downgrade the driver to the version 100.65.

Download driver 100.65 here

I did not have a chance to test this yet, but as soon as do I will report on it…

I can’t say I particularly like this solution because this is sort of a “band-aid” type of fix that, if works, will only satisfy me temporarily. I really hope that this is solved in the new version of the driver.

Cheers.

Posted 05/17/2007 07:44 PM   
That's great. But I don't use Vista, I use XP yet.
What about this system??
That's great. But I don't use Vista, I use XP yet.

What about this system??

Posted 05/18/2007 06:56 AM   
Yeah the performance on these cards are great but the bad aa and graphics are sort of ruining the reputation. Nvidia you guys really need to fix this...
Yeah the performance on these cards are great but the bad aa and graphics are sort of ruining the reputation. Nvidia you guys really need to fix this...

Posted 05/18/2007 01:32 PM   
I have the same problem too...

i have a 8800 GTX, Vista Ultimate, FS2004 and FSX installed on it

1) FSX no problem and a really better experience to pilot with the SP1.

2)FS 2004...No Anti-aliasing ,i've try all the drivers and i found a way-out!

3)FS2004...When i change the views the game freeze,i need to go to the menu ,and cancel my choice to have the view i choose again.

It's not normal to pay 500€ for a card that can't work with a game from 2004!!??

I hope that they're working on it...

/argh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':argh:' /> /argh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':argh:' />
I have the same problem too...

i have a 8800 GTX, Vista Ultimate, FS2004 and FSX installed on it

1) FSX no problem and a really better experience to pilot with the SP1.

2)FS 2004...No Anti-aliasing ,i've try all the drivers and i found a way-out!

3)FS2004...When i change the views the game freeze,i need to go to the menu ,and cancel my choice to have the view i choose again.

It's not normal to pay 500€ for a card that can't work with a game from 2004!!??

I hope that they're working on it...

/argh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':argh:' /> /argh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':argh:' />

Posted 05/20/2007 12:08 AM   
I have the exact same problems with my 8800 GTS 640Mb.
I am running Windows XP 32 bits with SP2, with updated Fs9

In full screen mode it goes like this:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/ZAZABOEING/Fs9Problem.jpg[/img]

Any help? Is this irregular gradation of color an AA problem?

Thanks in advance!
I have the exact same problems with my 8800 GTS 640Mb.

Thanks in advance!

Posted 05/20/2007 06:02 AM   
[quote name='mariohonduras' date='May 20 2007, 07:02 AM']I have the exact same problems with my 8800 GTS 640Mb.

Thanks in advance!
[right][snapback]199281[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Anisotropic trouble???
[quote name='mariohonduras' date='May 20 2007, 07:02 AM']I have the exact same problems with my 8800 GTS 640Mb.

Thanks in advance!

[snapback]199281[/snapback]

Anisotropic trouble???

Posted 05/20/2007 08:54 AM   
I have been reading many post in several forums and looks like almost everyone has this problem with Fs9 and Gf8800´s. What to do????????????
I have been reading many post in several forums and looks like almost everyone has this problem with Fs9 and Gf8800´s. What to do????????????

Posted 05/20/2007 02:33 PM   
Same problem here...

eVGA GF8800GTS 320mb: AA doesn't work in FS9.

Yes, i am running with the latests drivers.

WHAT TO DO ?

I would really appreciate some help from NVIDIA...

Cheers,
Same problem here...

eVGA GF8800GTS 320mb: AA doesn't work in FS9.

Yes, i am running with the latests drivers.

WHAT TO DO ?

I would really appreciate some help from NVIDIA...

Cheers,

Posted 05/21/2007 02:09 AM   
[quote name='mariohonduras' date='May 20 2007, 04:02 PM']I have the exact same problems with my 8800 GTS 640Mb.

Thanks in advance!
[right][snapback]199281[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
How big is your monitor cause your anti aliasing is really smooth. Most of us are getting aa but its jaggy at 16XQ. What level of anti aliasing is that and what drivers are you using. Also is your screen bigger than 19" cos this may just be resolution.
[quote name='mariohonduras' date='May 20 2007, 04:02 PM']I have the exact same problems with my 8800 GTS 640Mb.

Thanks in advance!

[snapback]199281[/snapback]

How big is your monitor cause your anti aliasing is really smooth. Most of us are getting aa but its jaggy at 16XQ. What level of anti aliasing is that and what drivers are you using. Also is your screen bigger than 19" cos this may just be resolution.

Posted 05/21/2007 06:36 AM   
Another AA(?) problem with all of drivers.
If I set AA higher than 4x, in FS9 create flight menu, at the lower part of the window, where the selected aircraft spins I don't see anything. I've a black window. I'll post a screenshot from home.
Here is the screenshot: [url="http://www.kepfeltolto.hu/index.php?img=1beg"]pic[/url]
This problem only exists in fullscreen mode, in windowed mode everything is fine.
Another AA(?) problem with all of drivers.

If I set AA higher than 4x, in FS9 create flight menu, at the lower part of the window, where the selected aircraft spins I don't see anything. I've a black window. I'll post a screenshot from home.

Here is the screenshot: pic

This problem only exists in fullscreen mode, in windowed mode everything is fine.

Posted 05/21/2007 01:00 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top