GeForce Go 7600 - Vista "Black Screen" Flickering Vista Driver Problem
I have a HP Pavilion Notebook dv9330ca
It comes with a GeForce Go 7600 Video Card.

With Vista (which comes preloaded with the computer) Whenever I start up the screen flickers black for about 1 sec.

When I press "CTRL-ALT-DEL" the screen will flicker black for 1 sec before going to the menu.

Whenever the "User Access Control" Window pop's up, the window will flash Black for a second and then the window pop's up with the dimed screen (like normal).

It's these "flash black for 1 second" which gets annoying. I believe I read somewhere that Nvidia fixed this Vista issue with there other cards.

It kinda hinders the vista experience. I emailed HP about it, and they told me to install the drivers on there page:
Forceware 97.59 - I did, same error
Windows Updates the Forceware to 98.15 - Same error

I complained to HP, and they game me this link to the Nvidia webapge (with lisenceing information) to download the "new" drivers

Forceware 100.65 is what they ended up being, but this also didn't fix the problem.

I assume it is Nvidia who ends up upgrading the Go Serise Cards (and the manufacures then adobt and release them). The GeForce Go 7000 series is their newest ones. Can they not fix this issue and inform the manufacures it's upgraded for vista?

Does anyone know about this "Flickering Black" problem? Was it an issue with other Nvidia Cards? If they fixed it for other cards, can't they release a driver that fixes it for the go series? Who do I bug about this?

If anyone else has a go card in there laptop and has this issue please tell me so I know I'm not alone. (It doesn't flicker black in safe mode).

Thanks!
I have a HP Pavilion Notebook dv9330ca

With Vista (which comes preloaded with the computer) Whenever I start up the screen flickers black for about 1 sec.

When I press "CTRL-ALT-DEL" the screen will flicker black for 1 sec before going to the menu.

Whenever the "User Access Control" Window pop's up, the window will flash Black for a second and then the window pop's up with the dimed screen (like normal).

It's these "flash black for 1 second" which gets annoying. I believe I read somewhere that Nvidia fixed this Vista issue with there other cards.

It kinda hinders the vista experience. I emailed HP about it, and they told me to install the drivers on there page:

I complained to HP, and they game me this link to the Nvidia webapge (with lisenceing information) to download the "new" drivers

Forceware 100.65 is what they ended up being, but this also didn't fix the problem.

I assume it is Nvidia who ends up upgrading the Go Serise Cards (and the manufacures then adobt and release them). The GeForce Go 7000 series is their newest ones. Can they not fix this issue and inform the manufacures it's upgraded for vista?

Does anyone know about this "Flickering Black" problem? Was it an issue with other Nvidia Cards? If they fixed it for other cards, can't they release a driver that fixes it for the go series? Who do I bug about this?

If anyone else has a go card in there laptop and has this issue please tell me so I know I'm not alone. (It doesn't flicker black in safe mode).

Thanks!

Posted 05/03/2007 08:58 PM   
I have the same issue - it is really annoying. My card is a 7400.
I have the same issue - it is really annoying. My card is a 7400.

Posted 05/10/2007 04:04 AM   
[quote name='caldazar' date='May 10 2007, 12:04 AM']I have the same issue - it is really annoying. My card is a 7400.
[right][snapback]195249[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

sorry guys to hear but I also have the same issue... mine after few minutes freezes the screen... i have a BFG 7800GS AGP.... ive been researching this issue for awhile now and there's a lot of answers out there, from: power supply to software, memory and so on, but no one knows whats going on... im actually thinking about upgrading my computer and get a ATI videocard....

few months back before i started having this problem i used to have a 6800 and i thought the card was bad.... so i bought the 7800 but never fixed the problem... had an old ATI card laying around and stuck it in and had no problems for a week but the card its an old one and couldnt play any new games...

i ended up giving the 6800 to a coworked and worked great on his computer... he has a 2 yo P4....

installed XP prof few times, played with the bios settings, downloaded the so called "infinity loop error" patch,disabled the onboard network card and sound card but nothing worked...

i have a 500W PS and i thought that might be it... unplugged both DVDroms, floppy drive , the only thing thats was hooked up was the 2 raid HDD and the video card..... NOTHING

i read an article on VIAs website about the infinite loop error and they dont even have an asnswer.... so fellas if i figure out whats gpoing on i will let you know...
[quote name='caldazar' date='May 10 2007, 12:04 AM']I have the same issue - it is really annoying. My card is a 7400.

[snapback]195249[/snapback]

sorry guys to hear but I also have the same issue... mine after few minutes freezes the screen... i have a BFG 7800GS AGP.... ive been researching this issue for awhile now and there's a lot of answers out there, from: power supply to software, memory and so on, but no one knows whats going on... im actually thinking about upgrading my computer and get a ATI videocard....

few months back before i started having this problem i used to have a 6800 and i thought the card was bad.... so i bought the 7800 but never fixed the problem... had an old ATI card laying around and stuck it in and had no problems for a week but the card its an old one and couldnt play any new games...

i ended up giving the 6800 to a coworked and worked great on his computer... he has a 2 yo P4....

installed XP prof few times, played with the bios settings, downloaded the so called "infinity loop error" patch,disabled the onboard network card and sound card but nothing worked...

i have a 500W PS and i thought that might be it... unplugged both DVDroms, floppy drive , the only thing thats was hooked up was the 2 raid HDD and the video card..... NOTHING

i read an article on VIAs website about the infinite loop error and they dont even have an asnswer.... so fellas if i figure out whats gpoing on i will let you know...

Posted 06/01/2007 05:15 AM   
Exactly the same problem with my Compaq Presario V3000 notebook and NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 running Microsoft Vista Enterprise.

Codster and caldazar - have you found the solution?

countvlad - your problem seems different.

Thanks.
Exactly the same problem with my Compaq Presario V3000 notebook and NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 running Microsoft Vista Enterprise.

Codster and caldazar - have you found the solution?

countvlad - your problem seems different.

Thanks.

Posted 11/30/2007 06:55 AM   
Hooray! Found the solution at long last. Thanks to stallen - see below.

Re: Screen Flickering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys I signed up for this forum just to provide you with the fix/work-around for screen flicker.

I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.

Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This (supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes the annoying flash we all hate so much.

Here's how to fix it:
Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should already be there, but just in case).
Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows," then click "MobilePC."
Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the right-hand side, click "Disable."
You're done.

It seems that this fix is great if you are not using an external monitor. If you need to use an external monitor you may need to reverse this as needed for full functionality with an external monitor.
Hooray! Found the solution at long last. Thanks to stallen - see below.

Re: Screen Flickering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys I signed up for this forum just to provide you with the fix/work-around for screen flicker.

I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.

Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This (supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes the annoying flash we all hate so much.

Here's how to fix it:

Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).

Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.

On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should already be there, but just in case).

Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows," then click "MobilePC."

Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the right-hand side, click "Disable."

You're done.

It seems that this fix is great if you are not using an external monitor. If you need to use an external monitor you may need to reverse this as needed for full functionality with an external monitor.

Posted 11/30/2007 07:37 AM   
[quote name='Codster' post='192914' date='May 3 2007, 08:58 PM']I have a HP Pavilion Notebook dv9330ca

Thanks![/quote]
[quote name='Codster' post='192914' date='May 3 2007, 08:58 PM']I have a HP Pavilion Notebook dv9330ca

Thanks!
Attachments

Go6150.txt

Posted 01/29/2009 10:19 AM   
Sorry about the above repeat of the original POST, that was a mistake.

Here is my Reply to Screen flickers black.
I am working on a HP Pavillion tx 1120us Notebook with Vista Home Premium, and the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 display adapter. It also had the problem of the screen blacking out 3, 5 or 10 seconds at a time. tried a few things like turning off some unnedded processes and going from 2 Gigs of RAM to 4 Gigs which helped a very small amount, not much. Also tried the Suggestion listed in this post about going to task scheduler and choosing disable for TMM, that did not work for me either. Screen still blanked out for 3, 5 or 10 seconds at a time when trying to open Device Manager or trying to open System Tools - Task Scheduler or many other programs. Also the performance tab in task manager showed the CPU was hitting 100 percent maxed out doing simple tasks like opening programs etc. And right after the screen blacks out then video comes back, a POP UP WINDOW POPS UP from USER ACCOUNT CONTROL asking for permission to proceed, User Account Control is a security feature and I would say a bit of a resource hog. There is an excellent article by Scott Dunn I found when doing a google search for "User Account Control Blanks Out Vista Screen" at this address [url="http://www.pcworld.com/article/140134/annoyance_buster_make_vistas_user_account_control_work_for_you.htmlWhere"]http://www.pcworld.com/article/140134/anno...r_you.htmlWhere[/url] he explains the security feature and how if you want to modify or disable it. That worked for me CPU resources not hitting 100 percent now and I am able to open device manager and other programs with out having the screen blank out on me. Went to Start - Settings - Control Panel - User Accounts, at the bottom you can choose to turn it on or off at your own risk. My other Lap Top came with it disabled since I never get that POP UP.
Sorry about the above repeat of the original POST, that was a mistake.

Here is my Reply to Screen flickers black.

I am working on a HP Pavillion tx 1120us Notebook with Vista Home Premium, and the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 display adapter. It also had the problem of the screen blacking out 3, 5 or 10 seconds at a time. tried a few things like turning off some unnedded processes and going from 2 Gigs of RAM to 4 Gigs which helped a very small amount, not much. Also tried the Suggestion listed in this post about going to task scheduler and choosing disable for TMM, that did not work for me either. Screen still blanked out for 3, 5 or 10 seconds at a time when trying to open Device Manager or trying to open System Tools - Task Scheduler or many other programs. Also the performance tab in task manager showed the CPU was hitting 100 percent maxed out doing simple tasks like opening programs etc. And right after the screen blacks out then video comes back, a POP UP WINDOW POPS UP from USER ACCOUNT CONTROL asking for permission to proceed, User Account Control is a security feature and I would say a bit of a resource hog. There is an excellent article by Scott Dunn I found when doing a google search for "User Account Control Blanks Out Vista Screen" at this address http://www.pcworld.com/article/140134/anno...r_you.htmlWhere he explains the security feature and how if you want to modify or disable it. That worked for me CPU resources not hitting 100 percent now and I am able to open device manager and other programs with out having the screen blank out on me. Went to Start - Settings - Control Panel - User Accounts, at the bottom you can choose to turn it on or off at your own risk. My other Lap Top came with it disabled since I never get that POP UP.

Posted 01/29/2009 10:30 AM   
Scroll To Top