X Wing Alliance, no target box shows up (8800 gts)
  1 / 11    
I know this is an old game, but the targeting box around enemies in X-Wing Alliance does not show up with the new graphics boards. I know other people have had this problem, and if anyone could figure out a solution that would be great.

thanks
I know this is an old game, but the targeting box around enemies in X-Wing Alliance does not show up with the new graphics boards. I know other people have had this problem, and if anyone could figure out a solution that would be great.

thanks

Posted 05/02/2007 07:07 PM   
[quote name='MatzaBall' date='May 2 2007, 02:07 PM']I know this is an old game, but the targeting box around enemies in X-Wing Alliance does not show up with the new graphics boards.  I know other people have had this problem, and if anyone could figure out a solution that would be great.

thanks
[right][snapback]192420[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've noticed that occasionally, when I target a nav buoy, I can see the target box from a certain distance, but it vanishes again as I get closer. It should be an easy fix, but I don't know where to start.
[quote name='MatzaBall' date='May 2 2007, 02:07 PM']I know this is an old game, but the targeting box around enemies in X-Wing Alliance does not show up with the new graphics boards.  I know other people have had this problem, and if anyone could figure out a solution that would be great.

thanks

[snapback]192420[/snapback]

I've noticed that occasionally, when I target a nav buoy, I can see the target box from a certain distance, but it vanishes again as I get closer. It should be an easy fix, but I don't know where to start.

Posted 05/29/2007 01:00 PM   
Hi everyone!

I need this fix *gg*. X-Wing Alliance is still the best space sim out there (okay okay .. due to the Star Wars Bonus - but nonetheless, it is still played and mod development is still running).

I tried to reduce the graphics settings to an absolute minimum (while still having hardware acceleration ON) and I found out, that I can see the targeting box flickering about in the center on the screen.

Maybe this is somehow related to the common font problem. Maybe the missing targeting box problem can also be solved by modifying one of those files. Hmmm I might look into it.

Regards,
Martin

PS: I've also got an 8800GTS over here.
Hi everyone!

I need this fix *gg*. X-Wing Alliance is still the best space sim out there (okay okay .. due to the Star Wars Bonus - but nonetheless, it is still played and mod development is still running).

I tried to reduce the graphics settings to an absolute minimum (while still having hardware acceleration ON) and I found out, that I can see the targeting box flickering about in the center on the screen.

Maybe this is somehow related to the common font problem. Maybe the missing targeting box problem can also be solved by modifying one of those files. Hmmm I might look into it.

Regards,

Martin

Posted 07/02/2007 08:54 AM   
[quote name='nonlandi' date='Jul 2 2007, 03:54 AM']Hi everyone!

Regards,
Martin

[right][snapback]217003[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Been messing around in the .dat files, looking for a fix. Got any ideas where the graphics for the moving reticle reside?
[quote name='nonlandi' date='Jul 2 2007, 03:54 AM']Hi everyone!

Regards,

Martin

[snapback]217003[/snapback]

Been messing around in the .dat files, looking for a fix. Got any ideas where the graphics for the moving reticle reside?

Posted 07/08/2007 07:32 PM   
[quote name='RaphieGamer' date='Jul 8 2007, 11:32 AM']Been messing around in the .dat files, looking for a fix. Got any ideas where the graphics for the moving reticle reside?
[right][snapback]219993[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Here you guys go. Haven't tested them yet, but these should be the .dat fixes you are looking for...just loaded XWA on vista yesterday with an AMD chip and 8800GTX vid card...will be testing these fixes today, but they should solve the problems.

[url="http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=category&id=107"]http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&act...category&id=107[/url]
[quote name='RaphieGamer' date='Jul 8 2007, 11:32 AM']Been messing around in the .dat files, looking for a fix. Got any ideas where the graphics for the moving reticle reside?

[snapback]219993[/snapback]

Here you guys go. Haven't tested them yet, but these should be the .dat fixes you are looking for...just loaded XWA on vista yesterday with an AMD chip and 8800GTX vid card...will be testing these fixes today, but they should solve the problems.

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&act...category&id=107

Posted 07/15/2007 04:32 PM   
I only see fixes for the fonts error here... The problem we're having is the targeting box. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />
I only see fixes for the fonts error here... The problem we're having is the targeting box. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />

Posted 08/01/2007 12:09 PM   
[quote name='Kiloku' date='Aug 1 2007, 02:09 PM']I only see fixes for the fonts error here... The problem we're having is the targeting box. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />
[right][snapback]231259[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Same problem with NVidia Geforce 8600 GT:
Star Wars X-Wing Alliance is an awesome game, best starwars game, still very much appreciated by many.
On my PC with NVidia Geforce 8600 GT there is no targeting reticle shown. I tried any option setting but nothing helped. (i also tried the high resolution font fix it didnt solve the problem) X-Wing Alliance is almost unplayable without the targeting box!
Please NVidia help us (or if nothing works fix this in your next driver)! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
These problems with the wrong texture layers in the 8... series also appears in the IL-2 Sturmovik and other games! :(
Petz

P.S.: I use the latest NVIDIA WHQL driver
[quote name='Kiloku' date='Aug 1 2007, 02:09 PM']I only see fixes for the fonts error here... The problem we're having is the targeting box. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />

[snapback]231259[/snapback]

Same problem with NVidia Geforce 8600 GT:

Star Wars X-Wing Alliance is an awesome game, best starwars game, still very much appreciated by many.

On my PC with NVidia Geforce 8600 GT there is no targeting reticle shown. I tried any option setting but nothing helped. (i also tried the high resolution font fix it didnt solve the problem) X-Wing Alliance is almost unplayable without the targeting box!

Please NVidia help us (or if nothing works fix this in your next driver)! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

These problems with the wrong texture layers in the 8... series also appears in the IL-2 Sturmovik and other games! :(

Petz

P.S.: I use the latest NVIDIA WHQL driver

Posted 10/09/2007 05:08 PM   
I have the same problem here, Dual core 64, 3 gig of ram, one 8800 GTS
and have this huggly problem of having the text all messed up and the targeting box not visible, the text can be and is fixed by the .dat file from lucasfiles, but the targeting box is missing. Did one of you guys fixed it or found a way to fix it ?

I would love to play that game, i started it many years ago without the time to finish it, without any problem with an older system, but now with a system that have the capabilities to launch myself to the moon, i can't fixed this.

So sad !

Anyone have answers ?

See ya !
Bob :(

thanks
[right][snapback]192420[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I have the same problem here, Dual core 64, 3 gig of ram, one 8800 GTS

and have this huggly problem of having the text all messed up and the targeting box not visible, the text can be and is fixed by the .dat file from lucasfiles, but the targeting box is missing. Did one of you guys fixed it or found a way to fix it ?

I would love to play that game, i started it many years ago without the time to finish it, without any problem with an older system, but now with a system that have the capabilities to launch myself to the moon, i can't fixed this.

So sad !

Anyone have answers ?

See ya !

Bob :(

thanks

[snapback]192420[/snapback]

Posted 11/14/2007 11:44 PM   
[b]B[/b]ut it's NOT ONLY [color=red]X-Wing Alliance[/color], people!! [color=red]XWING95[/color], [color=red]TIE95[/color], [color=red]X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter[/color]!! The targeting box went to hell in [u]ALL[/u] of them!

This is a complete disaster I tell you. Look, I'm an active member of the [url="http://www.ehtiecorps.org/news.asp"]TIE Corps[/url] ([url="http://www.ehtiecorps.org/rosters/personnel.asp?record=12450"]HERE[/url] is my profile), a subgroup of [url="http://www.emperorshammer.org/"]The Emperor's Hammer[/url], an online gaming club (Imperial) completely dedicated to play SW flight sims. And I bought a top performance card ([b]XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog with ForceWare 169.21[/b]) just to find none of my preferred sims will work with it unless turning 3D Hardware OFF, which of course shouldn't be the way to go... /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' />

[b]A FIX, PLEASE!!! WE NEED A FIX BY PALPATINE'S SAKES!!![/b] :'(
But it's NOT ONLY X-Wing Alliance, people!! XWING95, TIE95, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter!! The targeting box went to hell in ALL of them!

This is a complete disaster I tell you. Look, I'm an active member of the TIE Corps (HERE is my profile), a subgroup of The Emperor's Hammer, an online gaming club (Imperial) completely dedicated to play SW flight sims. And I bought a top performance card (XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog with ForceWare 169.21) just to find none of my preferred sims will work with it unless turning 3D Hardware OFF, which of course shouldn't be the way to go... /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' />

A FIX, PLEASE!!! WE NEED A FIX BY PALPATINE'S SAKES!!! :'(

Posted 12/24/2007 04:44 AM   
[quote name='Zósite K.S.' date='Dec 24 2007, 06:44 AM']
[b]A FIX, PLEASE!!! WE NEED A FIX BY PALPATINE'S SAKES!!![/b]  :'(
[right][snapback]299025[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I bought X-Wing Alliance for the first time like a month ago, remembering all the nights spent with the old TIE Fighter... and boom, no targeting box on 8800GTS/640... and grrrr, somehow it is there on my 6-years old Toshiba with GeForce 420 Go (yeah, the very first NVidia's mobile GPU)! I know the game devs might've been using 1-d textures for box's lines or sth in a wrong way... but please, Nvidians, at least give us a small "enable Star Wars texture coords compatibility fix" in the Control Panel...
[quote name='Zósite K.S.' date='Dec 24 2007, 06:44 AM']

A FIX, PLEASE!!! WE NEED A FIX BY PALPATINE'S SAKES!!!  :'(

[snapback]299025[/snapback]

I bought X-Wing Alliance for the first time like a month ago, remembering all the nights spent with the old TIE Fighter... and boom, no targeting box on 8800GTS/640... and grrrr, somehow it is there on my 6-years old Toshiba with GeForce 420 Go (yeah, the very first NVidia's mobile GPU)! I know the game devs might've been using 1-d textures for box's lines or sth in a wrong way... but please, Nvidians, at least give us a small "enable Star Wars texture coords compatibility fix" in the Control Panel...

Posted 01/18/2008 04:06 PM   
I have the same problem. No targetting brackets. Please release a fix for XWA.
I have the same problem. No targetting brackets. Please release a fix for XWA.

Posted 02/01/2008 05:12 AM   
I also have the same problem with the targetting box. never had the issue with my old AGP 6800.

Thanks to Silkfire1972 for the font fix.

I have a Gigabyte 8600GTS
I also have the same problem with the targetting box. never had the issue with my old AGP 6800.

Thanks to Silkfire1972 for the font fix.

I have a Gigabyte 8600GTS

Posted 02/04/2008 11:22 AM   
I just registered to post in this topic, I have the exact same issue with my 8800gts 512. occasionally the box shows up, seemingly at random. When the game is set to software render mode, the box works fine and if one switches to external view in 3d render mode there sort of is a box around the targeted object, but within the bumpit it flickers and works maybe 2% of the time.
I just registered to post in this topic, I have the exact same issue with my 8800gts 512. occasionally the box shows up, seemingly at random. When the game is set to software render mode, the box works fine and if one switches to external view in 3d render mode there sort of is a box around the targeted object, but within the bumpit it flickers and works maybe 2% of the time.

Posted 02/06/2008 06:39 PM   
[quote name='lookiamluke' date='Feb 7 2008, 05:09 AM']  When the game is set to software render mode, the box works fine
[right][snapback]321667[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, I can also get the targeting box in software rendering mode, the only problem is the game is unplayable in 640x480!
[quote name='lookiamluke' date='Feb 7 2008, 05:09 AM']  When the game is set to software render mode, the box works fine

[snapback]321667[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip, I can also get the targeting box in software rendering mode, the only problem is the game is unplayable in 640x480!

Posted 02/08/2008 10:13 AM   
I totally agree. I am about ready to switch back to my 7950 card, I am really having a hard time with dogfights without that box. Is there any way to report bugs to nvidia? C'mon, give us old school gamers a break here, nvidia!
I totally agree. I am about ready to switch back to my 7950 card, I am really having a hard time with dogfights without that box. Is there any way to report bugs to nvidia? C'mon, give us old school gamers a break here, nvidia!

Posted 02/09/2008 07:35 AM   
  1 / 11    
Scroll To Top