7600 GT OC UPDATE? Confused...
>.< I'm confused as to which nvidia driver I'm suppose to go with... Geforce 7 GO series just doesn't look right on the website, maybe you could just send a link to what the exact download is lol...I just wanna make sure, because my comp is and has been running really well for the past year and I don't really wanna install an improper driver. I play doom 3 no problems...HL2, CS:S my ping is 9, the only game that gives me a problem is Guild Wars and as funny as it is...Diablo 2 EXP

lmao...
>.< I'm confused as to which nvidia driver I'm suppose to go with... Geforce 7 GO series just doesn't look right on the website, maybe you could just send a link to what the exact download is lol...I just wanna make sure, because my comp is and has been running really well for the past year and I don't really wanna install an improper driver. I play doom 3 no problems...HL2, CS:S my ping is 9, the only game that gives me a problem is Guild Wars and as funny as it is...Diablo 2 EXP

lmao...

Posted 03/09/2007 06:09 AM   
$#!+, I just scanned, defragged, & removed unmanditory processes, so the problem must be my graphics card. My 7600 has the fan blowing full throttle & sluggish performance on aged games like American McGee's Alice (perhaps my hyper-modded Morrowind put too much stress on the card).

So updating the driver seems like a good idea, but D4MN3D if I can find anything on NVIDIA's site about pre 7700 cards.
$#!+, I just scanned, defragged, & removed unmanditory processes, so the problem must be my graphics card. My 7600 has the fan blowing full throttle & sluggish performance on aged games like American McGee's Alice (perhaps my hyper-modded Morrowind put too much stress on the card).

So updating the driver seems like a good idea, but D4MN3D if I can find anything on NVIDIA's site about pre 7700 cards.

Posted 03/09/2007 06:52 AM   
[quote name='LikaLaruku' date='Mar 9 2007, 01:52 AM']$#!+, I just scanned, defragged, & removed unmanditory processes, so the problem must be my graphics card. My 7600 has the fan blowing full throttle & sluggish performance on aged games like American McGee's Alice (perhaps my hyper-modded Morrowind put too much stress on the card).

[right][snapback]169393[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah it's just funny because I went through this whole forum, and saw many people say, "Update your 7600 GT" But uh...they never say where to go to update it...or what the link is, they just spout it out like it's an easy task on nvidia's website.
[quote name='LikaLaruku' date='Mar 9 2007, 01:52 AM']$#!+, I just scanned, defragged, & removed unmanditory processes, so the problem must be my graphics card. My 7600 has the fan blowing full throttle & sluggish performance on aged games like American McGee's Alice (perhaps my hyper-modded Morrowind put too much stress on the card).

[snapback]169393[/snapback]

Yeah it's just funny because I went through this whole forum, and saw many people say, "Update your 7600 GT" But uh...they never say where to go to update it...or what the link is, they just spout it out like it's an easy task on nvidia's website.

Posted 03/09/2007 06:56 AM   
I try to be understanding since most people don't have a huge amount of technical knowledge, but come on...

To start with, you want the latest drivers for an NVIDIA product, yes? Then you should probably check the official NVIDIA website. To start off with you might try www.NVIDIA.com Hey, it works!

And then you want drivers, right? Maybe that big silver button that says, "Download Drivers" would be a good place to start? Look at that, it is!

You say you have a 7600GT? That would be a graphics card, so click the part where it says, "Graphics Drivers." Amazing! It's a GeForce card, so go ahead and click on the section for "GeForce & TNT2" drivers... since ya know, it's a GeForce card and all. Then click your OS. Then click the button at the bottom left that says, "Go!"

They really don't try and hide 'em people. [/Sarcasm]

If you were confused by any of this, check the FAQ link at the bottom of this post, it's got a more detailed description, and has pictures to help you. I also recommend you take a peak at it even if was completely clear, it has additional instructions for the proper installation of drivers.

Amorphous
I try to be understanding since most people don't have a huge amount of technical knowledge, but come on...

To start with, you want the latest drivers for an NVIDIA product, yes? Then you should probably check the official NVIDIA website. To start off with you might try www.NVIDIA.com Hey, it works!

And then you want drivers, right? Maybe that big silver button that says, "Download Drivers" would be a good place to start? Look at that, it is!

You say you have a 7600GT? That would be a graphics card, so click the part where it says, "Graphics Drivers." Amazing! It's a GeForce card, so go ahead and click on the section for "GeForce & TNT2" drivers... since ya know, it's a GeForce card and all. Then click your OS. Then click the button at the bottom left that says, "Go!"

If you were confused by any of this, check the FAQ link at the bottom of this post, it's got a more detailed description, and has pictures to help you. I also recommend you take a peak at it even if was completely clear, it has additional instructions for the proper installation of drivers.

Amorphous

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 03/09/2007 07:22 AM   
[quote name='Amorphous' date='Mar 9 2007, 02:22 AM']I try to be understanding since most people don't have a huge amount of technical knowledge, but come on...

Amorphous
[right][snapback]169405[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It's not technical knowledge...I know technical knowledge, this is what's known as, " Not enough information provided to feel 100% secure with what I'm downloading." Its the details that need to be written down, instead of vaguely saying, "GEFORCE & TNT." . How exactly am I suppose to know it's for a 7 series? There's ton's of Geforce video cards. They have a section for the new 8 series don't they? They call those Geforce? Right? On the other hand, My technical knowledge is fine, I constructed this computer myself, made my own case, and designed it. It's also been running without a problem since 2006. I previously owned a 1998 Dell XPS 1500 and kept that thing running for 7 years. There's no need to show any kind of sarcasm just because I never use Geforce cards, I've used ATI 90% of the time, and when I build computers, I don't necessarely keep them, I sell them next day. So calm down, I'm not an idiot, I know what I'm doing, and I was just making sure I was selecting the correct file for a video card.

Yeesh...lighten up, it's a simple question that could've been answered with 1 link/word.
[quote name='Amorphous' date='Mar 9 2007, 02:22 AM']I try to be understanding since most people don't have a huge amount of technical knowledge, but come on...

Amorphous

[snapback]169405[/snapback]

It's not technical knowledge...I know technical knowledge, this is what's known as, " Not enough information provided to feel 100% secure with what I'm downloading." Its the details that need to be written down, instead of vaguely saying, "GEFORCE & TNT." . How exactly am I suppose to know it's for a 7 series? There's ton's of Geforce video cards. They have a section for the new 8 series don't they? They call those Geforce? Right? On the other hand, My technical knowledge is fine, I constructed this computer myself, made my own case, and designed it. It's also been running without a problem since 2006. I previously owned a 1998 Dell XPS 1500 and kept that thing running for 7 years. There's no need to show any kind of sarcasm just because I never use Geforce cards, I've used ATI 90% of the time, and when I build computers, I don't necessarely keep them, I sell them next day. So calm down, I'm not an idiot, I know what I'm doing, and I was just making sure I was selecting the correct file for a video card.

Yeesh...lighten up, it's a simple question that could've been answered with 1 link/word.

Posted 03/09/2007 09:09 AM   
It's a GeForce card. It's not an 8800, or a GeForce Go card. Plus you can check which each driver supports by navigating through to that driver's page and clicking that whole "Products Supported" link that's on every graphics driver's download page.

I challenge you to download the wrong drivers and try and install them. The drivers themselves won't let you.

And no, it couldn't be answered with a word or a link, since you don't mention what OS you have.

Amorphous

[quote name='!ONO!' date='Mar 9 2007, 01:09 AM']It's not technical knowledge...I know technical knowledge, this is what's known as, " Not enough information provided to feel 100% secure with what I'm downloading." Its the details that need to be written down, instead of vaguely saying, "GEFORCE & TNT." . How exactly am I suppose to know it's for a 7 series? There's ton's of Geforce video cards. They have a section for the new 8 series don't they? They call those Geforce? Right? On the other hand, My technical knowledge is fine, I constructed this computer myself, made my own case, and designed it. It's also been running without a problem since 2006. I previously owned a 1998 Dell XPS 1500 and kept that thing running for 7 years.  There's no need to show any kind of sarcasm just because I never use Geforce cards, I've used ATI 90% of the time, and when I build computers, I don't necessarely keep them, I sell them next day. So calm down, I'm not an idiot, I know what I'm doing, and I was just making sure I was selecting the correct file for a video card.
[right][snapback]169435[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It's a GeForce card. It's not an 8800, or a GeForce Go card. Plus you can check which each driver supports by navigating through to that driver's page and clicking that whole "Products Supported" link that's on every graphics driver's download page.

I challenge you to download the wrong drivers and try and install them. The drivers themselves won't let you.

And no, it couldn't be answered with a word or a link, since you don't mention what OS you have.

Amorphous

[quote name='!ONO!' date='Mar 9 2007, 01:09 AM']It's not technical knowledge...I know technical knowledge, this is what's known as, " Not enough information provided to feel 100% secure with what I'm downloading." Its the details that need to be written down, instead of vaguely saying, "GEFORCE & TNT." . How exactly am I suppose to know it's for a 7 series? There's ton's of Geforce video cards. They have a section for the new 8 series don't they? They call those Geforce? Right? On the other hand, My technical knowledge is fine, I constructed this computer myself, made my own case, and designed it. It's also been running without a problem since 2006. I previously owned a 1998 Dell XPS 1500 and kept that thing running for 7 years.  There's no need to show any kind of sarcasm just because I never use Geforce cards, I've used ATI 90% of the time, and when I build computers, I don't necessarely keep them, I sell them next day. So calm down, I'm not an idiot, I know what I'm doing, and I was just making sure I was selecting the correct file for a video card.

[snapback]169435[/snapback]

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 03/09/2007 09:26 AM   
Scroll To Top