Geforce 5200 FX In Vista Dual Montitor Issues With Driver
I have just installed the 101.41 drivers from [url="http://www.laptopvideo2go.com"]http://www.laptopvideo2go.com[/url] with a modded inf file to replace earlier drives installed with a modded inf file and the issues I have had since upgrading to Vista Business from XP Pro are not yet resolved.

When I use the Nvidia Control Panel to set my computer (HP a562n desktop) up for clone I see my display on both my 17" LCD monitor connected with VGA plug and my TV (used for watching live TV and recorded TV from turner card) connected with an S-Video cable as I should, but two things cause an issue:

Issue 1:

Sometimes when I access a protected item I hear the little confirmation needed beep sound, but the dialog is not not visible. If I turn on my TV I find that the UAC dialog is displaying there on-top of my cloned display or not at all (sometimes after a reboot with the TV turned off it displays nothing until I restablish clone settings). I can press Alt+C (for confirm) or down arrow followed by enter (depending on which dialog is missing) to get past the hang, but I should not have to do that.

Issue 2:

When I access by Vista Business computer remotely from an XP Pro computer with two indentical 17" LCD monitors I have no problems, but after I disconnect I find later on returning to the Vista computer that all is not well. I see the prompt to login from the workstation being locked, but once I log on I see only my desktop wallpaper.

Turning on my TV I find my full display is there. When I access the NVIDA Control Panel (cumbersome due to the TV's position and the blurly display for anything that is not the output of a video file) I find that my settings have changed from Clone to Dual View with the TV set as the primary display. Once I have restored the proper display settings and clicked apply my display resolution is bosted from my prefered 800X600 to 1024X768 forcing me to go to the Windows display settings for yet another adjustment.

Also I cannot get the NVIDIA Control Panel menu pick off of my context menus. When I click the menu choice for it in the NVIDIA Control Panel it does not go from checked to unchecked.

Under XP I had to use an adapter for the S-Video cable as the TV would only display angled moving red, blue and green lines on a black background. Now I only see these during the early stages of booting with the display becoming normal at the display of the welcome screen showing my user accounts.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues?
I have just installed the 101.41 drivers from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com with a modded inf file to replace earlier drives installed with a modded inf file and the issues I have had since upgrading to Vista Business from XP Pro are not yet resolved.

When I use the Nvidia Control Panel to set my computer (HP a562n desktop) up for clone I see my display on both my 17" LCD monitor connected with VGA plug and my TV (used for watching live TV and recorded TV from turner card) connected with an S-Video cable as I should, but two things cause an issue:

Issue 1:

Sometimes when I access a protected item I hear the little confirmation needed beep sound, but the dialog is not not visible. If I turn on my TV I find that the UAC dialog is displaying there on-top of my cloned display or not at all (sometimes after a reboot with the TV turned off it displays nothing until I restablish clone settings). I can press Alt+C (for confirm) or down arrow followed by enter (depending on which dialog is missing) to get past the hang, but I should not have to do that.

Issue 2:

When I access by Vista Business computer remotely from an XP Pro computer with two indentical 17" LCD monitors I have no problems, but after I disconnect I find later on returning to the Vista computer that all is not well. I see the prompt to login from the workstation being locked, but once I log on I see only my desktop wallpaper.

Turning on my TV I find my full display is there. When I access the NVIDA Control Panel (cumbersome due to the TV's position and the blurly display for anything that is not the output of a video file) I find that my settings have changed from Clone to Dual View with the TV set as the primary display. Once I have restored the proper display settings and clicked apply my display resolution is bosted from my prefered 800X600 to 1024X768 forcing me to go to the Windows display settings for yet another adjustment.

Also I cannot get the NVIDIA Control Panel menu pick off of my context menus. When I click the menu choice for it in the NVIDIA Control Panel it does not go from checked to unchecked.

Under XP I had to use an adapter for the S-Video cable as the TV would only display angled moving red, blue and green lines on a black background. Now I only see these during the early stages of booting with the display becoming normal at the display of the welcome screen showing my user accounts.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues?

Posted 03/08/2007 12:59 AM   
Scroll To Top