multiple monitors spanning an image across 4+ screens
I am researching a way to hook up more than 4 monitors to a PC and have the image span across them all, making one very large desktop.

So far I have seen possibilities but no concrete answers, and was hoping one of you knows that I need to do.

I need to set up a display with 9 (or at least 4) monitors in a 3x3x3 arrangement, and have a piece of the desktop on each one. This would be used at trade shows and presentations. I do know of a device that allows this, but costs about $5000.

Does the vNidia driver support spanning an image accross at least 4 monitors using multiple video cards? I've been researching for over an hour and cannot find any solid answers.

Thanks for your help!
I am researching a way to hook up more than 4 monitors to a PC and have the image span across them all, making one very large desktop.

So far I have seen possibilities but no concrete answers, and was hoping one of you knows that I need to do.

I need to set up a display with 9 (or at least 4) monitors in a 3x3x3 arrangement, and have a piece of the desktop on each one. This would be used at trade shows and presentations. I do know of a device that allows this, but costs about $5000.

Does the vNidia driver support spanning an image accross at least 4 monitors using multiple video cards? I've been researching for over an hour and cannot find any solid answers.

Thanks for your help!

Posted 03/07/2007 12:56 AM   
[quote name='svancouw' date='Mar 6 2007, 05:56 PM']I am researching a way to hook up more than 4 monitors to a PC and have the image span across them all, making one very large desktop.

Thanks for your help!
[right][snapback]168303[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i can span across 3 so i would think the answer is yes, although without draggin another monitor down from upstairs, i dont know for sure. i can also put them in any config or order that i want, so i would think 4 wouldnt be any different. windows xp will acually support up to 32 monitors, if you can figure out the hardware to do it (christian over at realtimesoft tested it).

for what you are looking for, you may want to look into something like a monitor hub from [url="http://www.9xmedia.com/"]9X Media[/url]
[quote name='svancouw' date='Mar 6 2007, 05:56 PM']I am researching a way to hook up more than 4 monitors to a PC and have the image span across them all, making one very large desktop.

Thanks for your help!

[snapback]168303[/snapback]

i can span across 3 so i would think the answer is yes, although without draggin another monitor down from upstairs, i dont know for sure. i can also put them in any config or order that i want, so i would think 4 wouldnt be any different. windows xp will acually support up to 32 monitors, if you can figure out the hardware to do it (christian over at realtimesoft tested it).

for what you are looking for, you may want to look into something like a monitor hub from 9X Media

gaming -> asus crosshair/amd x2 6000+/2gb corsair xms pro ddr2 800/2x leadtek 8800gts/thermaltake toughpower 700w

htpc -> gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4/amd x2 6000+/2gb corsair xms pro ddr2 800/msi nx8600gts diamond plus/ultra x-connect 500w

Posted 03/07/2007 02:38 AM   
Scroll To Top