4XAA Bug forces 16X CSAA
I got this email from NVIDIA this afternoon:

[quote]We have found that some games running under Windows Vista enable 16x coverage sampling antialiasing (CSAA) when 4xAA is selected in the game menu, resulting in deflated performance on Geforce 8800 cards.

The problem occurs with NVIDIA Vista drivers 100.54 and later.
The same effect will occur in future "Release 100" Windows XP drivers.

Affected applications found to date include:

Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Sin Episodes
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 Lost Coast

To set standard 4xAA in these applications, please set 4xAA in the game, and also enable “Enhance the application” antialiasing mode with a 4x antialiasing setting in the NVIDIA graphics driver control panel.

We are working with developers to implement better in-game CSAA support. You can see CSAA menu selections in Half-Life 2: Episode One and Supreme Commander. 
[/quote]
I got this email from NVIDIA this afternoon:

We have found that some games running under Windows Vista enable 16x coverage sampling antialiasing (CSAA) when 4xAA is selected in the game menu, resulting in deflated performance on Geforce 8800 cards.

The problem occurs with NVIDIA Vista drivers 100.54 and later.

The same effect will occur in future "Release 100" Windows XP drivers.

Affected applications found to date include:

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2142

Sin Episodes

Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2 Lost Coast

To set standard 4xAA in these applications, please set 4xAA in the game, and also enable “Enhance the application” antialiasing mode with a 4x antialiasing setting in the NVIDIA graphics driver control panel.

We are working with developers to implement better in-game CSAA support. You can see CSAA menu selections in Half-Life 2: Episode One and Supreme Commander. 

GTX680 SLI

Asus Rampage/intel 990X

3 X Acer GD235Hz

NVIDIA FOCUS GROUP

Not employed by NVIDIA, nor do my views represent NVIDIA's in any way.

Posted 02/27/2007 01:14 AM   
This is yet another reason why I force AF and AA through the driver rather than using games.

Actually what interests me most is the fact that release 100 is coming to XP. I hope they hurry up with those drivers. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
This is yet another reason why I force AF and AA through the driver rather than using games.

Actually what interests me most is the fact that release 100 is coming to XP. I hope they hurry up with those drivers. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 02/27/2007 08:53 AM   
Thank you.
Thank you.

Posted 02/27/2007 05:27 PM   
Scroll To Top