Help Creating RAID Driver Floppy Disk
How do one create a RAID driver floppy disk without the utility that automatically does it for you?

According to this information:

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_28653.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_28653.html[/url]

All I have to do is, copy everything from the SATARAID folder. Is that really all to it?
How do one create a RAID driver floppy disk without the utility that automatically does it for you?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_28653.html

All I have to do is, copy everything from the SATARAID folder. Is that really all to it?

Posted 02/23/2007 08:37 PM   
[quote name='leesiulung' date='Feb 23 2007, 09:37 PM']How do one create a RAID driver floppy disk without the utility that automatically does it for you?

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_28653.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_28653.html[/url]

[right][snapback]163382[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />
but you'll have to press F6 yourself when Windows asks for your additional drivers... /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />
[quote name='leesiulung' date='Feb 23 2007, 09:37 PM']How do one create a RAID driver floppy disk without the utility that automatically does it for you?

[snapback]163382[/snapback]

/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

but you'll have to press F6 yourself when Windows asks for your additional drivers... /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />

Hodie mihi, cras tibi

Posted 02/26/2007 03:01 PM   
All I have to do is, copy everything from the SATARAID folder. Is that really all to it?[/quote]It depends on the nForce chipset of your mainboard, the hdd connection of your RAID (P-ATA or S-ATA) and the OS you are going to install.
Some nForce Raid systems (PataRaid and LEGACY mode SataRaid) do not work with the content of the SATARAID folder.
What you don't need is the RAIDTOOL folder.

All I have to do is, copy everything from the SATARAID folder. Is that really all to it?It depends on the nForce chipset of your mainboard, the hdd connection of your RAID (P-ATA or S-ATA) and the OS you are going to install.

Some nForce Raid systems (PataRaid and LEGACY mode SataRaid) do not work with the content of the SATARAID folder.

Posted 02/26/2007 03:17 PM   
[quote name='Fernando' date='Feb 26 2007, 04:17 PM']It depends on the nForce chipset of your mainboard, the hdd connection of your RAID (P-ATA or S-ATA) and the OS you are going to install.
[right][snapback]164286[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do not copy the folder(s), but their content only.
You need the txtsetup.oem file in the disk root, not into a folder.
Again, if you really wanna save yourself some headaches, do not mix SATA and PATA drives for your RAID.

PS:
wow this is my 100 post...
Does somebody owe me a prize? /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
[quote name='Fernando' date='Feb 26 2007, 04:17 PM']It depends on the nForce chipset of your mainboard, the hdd connection of your RAID (P-ATA or S-ATA) and the OS you are going to install.

[snapback]164286[/snapback]

Do not copy the folder(s), but their content only.

You need the txtsetup.oem file in the disk root, not into a folder.

Again, if you really wanna save yourself some headaches, do not mix SATA and PATA drives for your RAID.

PS:

wow this is my 100 post...

Does somebody owe me a prize? /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Hodie mihi, cras tibi

Posted 02/26/2007 04:36 PM   
[quote name='Fernando' date='Feb 26 2007, 11:17 AM']It depends on the nForce chipset of your mainboard, the hdd connection of your RAID (P-ATA or S-ATA) and the OS you are going to install.
[right][snapback]164286[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Fernando,
What exactly do you mean by "LEGACY mode SataRaid"? I haven't seen this term used in any nVidia nForce4 materials so I'm not clear on what it refers to. Also if there's a LEGACY mode SataRaid, does this mean there's also a umm, non-LEGACY mode SataRaid and what does that refer to?
[quote name='Fernando' date='Feb 26 2007, 11:17 AM']It depends on the nForce chipset of your mainboard, the hdd connection of your RAID (P-ATA or S-ATA) and the OS you are going to install.

[snapback]164286[/snapback]

Fernando,

What exactly do you mean by "LEGACY mode SataRaid"? I haven't seen this term used in any nVidia nForce4 materials so I'm not clear on what it refers to. Also if there's a LEGACY mode SataRaid, does this mean there's also a umm, non-LEGACY mode SataRaid and what does that refer to?

Posted 02/27/2007 01:35 AM   
[quote name='LairdDrambeg' date='Feb 27 2007, 02:35 AM']Fernando,
What exactly do you mean by "LEGACY mode SataRaid"?  I haven't seen this term used in any nVidia nForce4 materials so I'm not clear on what it refers to.  Also if there's a LEGACY mode SataRaid, does this mean there's also a umm, non-LEGACY mode SataRaid and what does that refer to?[/quote][b]"LEGACY mode" nForce4 RAID chipsets have the ability to support PataRaid and SataRaid simultaneously. Newer nForce4 chipsets don't have this option anymore.[/b]

Owners of a mainboard with such LEGACY mode nForce chipset will realise it, when they try to install Windows XP onto their nForce RAID array: Even if they have a clean SataRaid system (without any P-ATA hdd) they are not able to get XP installed by loading the SATARAID subfolder of an nForce chipset driver package, because this chipset needs 2 INF files (1 for the RAID [u][b]and[/b][/u] 1 for the S-ATA driver). As a consequence users with this chipset have to load either the LEGACY subfolder or a mixture of SATARAID and SATA_IDE subfolders.

Windows Vista's inbox nForce SataRaid drivers do only support non-LEGACY nForce4 SataRaid systems because of some entries within the inbox nForce RAID information (=INF) file. Owners of a mainboard with a LEGACY mode nForce SataRaid system have to load either a patch or additional drivers to get Vista installed by booting off DVD, owners of an nForce4 PataRaid system are not able at all to get Vista installed by booting off DVD.
[quote name='LairdDrambeg' date='Feb 27 2007, 02:35 AM']Fernando,

What exactly do you mean by "LEGACY mode SataRaid"?  I haven't seen this term used in any nVidia nForce4 materials so I'm not clear on what it refers to.  Also if there's a LEGACY mode SataRaid, does this mean there's also a umm, non-LEGACY mode SataRaid and what does that refer to?"LEGACY mode" nForce4 RAID chipsets have the ability to support PataRaid and SataRaid simultaneously. Newer nForce4 chipsets don't have this option anymore.

Owners of a mainboard with such LEGACY mode nForce chipset will realise it, when they try to install Windows XP onto their nForce RAID array: Even if they have a clean SataRaid system (without any P-ATA hdd) they are not able to get XP installed by loading the SATARAID subfolder of an nForce chipset driver package, because this chipset needs 2 INF files (1 for the RAID and 1 for the S-ATA driver). As a consequence users with this chipset have to load either the LEGACY subfolder or a mixture of SATARAID and SATA_IDE subfolders.

Windows Vista's inbox nForce SataRaid drivers do only support non-LEGACY nForce4 SataRaid systems because of some entries within the inbox nForce RAID information (=INF) file. Owners of a mainboard with a LEGACY mode nForce SataRaid system have to load either a patch or additional drivers to get Vista installed by booting off DVD, owners of an nForce4 PataRaid system are not able at all to get Vista installed by booting off DVD.

Posted 02/27/2007 08:10 AM   
Scroll To Top