How to use video card with integrated graphics?
hi,

I have a AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ with a integrated Geforce 6150 LE. I bought a Geforce 7600 GS and i want to use both display devices at the same time, so I can hook up 3 monitors.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I've went to the BIOS and selected PCIE as my primary display. It doesn't have a secondary display option.

Any ideas??

Thanks
hi,

I have a AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ with a integrated Geforce 6150 LE. I bought a Geforce 7600 GS and i want to use both display devices at the same time, so I can hook up 3 monitors.

I've went to the BIOS and selected PCIE as my primary display. It doesn't have a secondary display option.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Posted 02/02/2007 05:12 AM   
[quote name='systros' date='Feb 1 2007, 10:12 PM']hi,

Any ideas??

Thanks
[right][snapback]154065[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

k...using onboard vid with an additional card only works half of the time to start with. has alot to do with the motherboard being used and the onboard video chip (s3 chips for example dont usually play well with other manufacturers). if there is not a setting to enable/disable the onboard video, that means the modo will either automatically disable it when a vid card is in place or you can control it from within device manager.

start by getting the machine up and running on the onboard video without the vid card installed. in the bios, set the primary to the onboard video (your card will become primary once windows boots), boot, and install any needed drivers. in some bios, you have to choose pci (onboard vid usually runs on a pci channel).

once all is well, shut down and install the vid card. hook a monitor to it and boot (leave the bios set to onboard or pci as the primary). you should see all the boot info come up on the monitor connected to the onboard vid. once it boots windows will hopefully run you through the new hardware wizard for the newly installed card

if it installs fine, go into the windows display control and set the card to primary (since i am guessing that is the device you want to game on) and extend your desktop to it.

if all doesnt work right you can always try putting the card in a different slot or even make the card the primary in the bios, but the onboard is often disabled when agp or pcie is set as the primary. if, once the card is installed the onboard quits working, look in the device manager to see if the onboard is listed. if it is not you may be able to turn it back on by reinstalling the driver.

for more info you may want to search over on the realtimesoft forums

keep in mind that sometimes nothing will work. some onboard vid just wont work with an additional vid card (i found this to be the case with s3 chrome and a 6600gt, but that was using agp as well)
[quote name='systros' date='Feb 1 2007, 10:12 PM']hi,

Any ideas??

Thanks

[snapback]154065[/snapback]

k...using onboard vid with an additional card only works half of the time to start with. has alot to do with the motherboard being used and the onboard video chip (s3 chips for example dont usually play well with other manufacturers). if there is not a setting to enable/disable the onboard video, that means the modo will either automatically disable it when a vid card is in place or you can control it from within device manager.

start by getting the machine up and running on the onboard video without the vid card installed. in the bios, set the primary to the onboard video (your card will become primary once windows boots), boot, and install any needed drivers. in some bios, you have to choose pci (onboard vid usually runs on a pci channel).

once all is well, shut down and install the vid card. hook a monitor to it and boot (leave the bios set to onboard or pci as the primary). you should see all the boot info come up on the monitor connected to the onboard vid. once it boots windows will hopefully run you through the new hardware wizard for the newly installed card

if it installs fine, go into the windows display control and set the card to primary (since i am guessing that is the device you want to game on) and extend your desktop to it.

if all doesnt work right you can always try putting the card in a different slot or even make the card the primary in the bios, but the onboard is often disabled when agp or pcie is set as the primary. if, once the card is installed the onboard quits working, look in the device manager to see if the onboard is listed. if it is not you may be able to turn it back on by reinstalling the driver.

keep in mind that sometimes nothing will work. some onboard vid just wont work with an additional vid card (i found this to be the case with s3 chrome and a 6600gt, but that was using agp as well)

gaming -> asus crosshair/amd x2 6000+/2gb corsair xms pro ddr2 800/2x leadtek 8800gts/thermaltake toughpower 700w

htpc -> gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4/amd x2 6000+/2gb corsair xms pro ddr2 800/msi nx8600gts diamond plus/ultra x-connect 500w

Posted 02/02/2007 04:11 PM   
Thanks for the help!

[quote name='sli shroom' date='Feb 2 2007, 08:11 AM']k...using onboard vid with an additional card only works half of the time to start with.  has alot to do with the motherboard being used and the onboard video chip (s3 chips for example dont usually play well with other manufacturers).  if there is not a setting to enable/disable the onboard video, that means the modo will either automatically disable it when a vid card is in place or you can control it from within device manager.

start by getting the machine up and running on the onboard video without the vid card installed.  in the bios, set the primary to the onboard video (your card will become primary once windows boots), boot, and install any needed drivers.  in some bios, you have to choose pci (onboard vid usually runs on a pci channel).

once all is well, shut down and install the vid card.  hook a monitor to it and boot (leave the bios set to onboard or pci as the primary).  you should see all the boot info come up on the monitor connected to the onboard vid.  once it boots windows will hopefully run you through the new hardware wizard for the newly installed card

if all doesnt work right you can always try putting the card in a different slot or even make the card the primary in the bios, but the onboard is often disabled when agp or pcie is set as the primary.  if, once the card is installed the onboard quits working, look in the device manager to see if the onboard is listed.  if it is not you may be able to turn it back on by reinstalling the driver.

keep in mind that sometimes nothing will work.  some onboard vid just wont work with an additional vid card (i found this to be the case with s3 chrome and a 6600gt, but that was using agp as well)
[right][snapback]154361[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thanks for the help!

[quote name='sli shroom' date='Feb 2 2007, 08:11 AM']k...using onboard vid with an additional card only works half of the time to start with.  has alot to do with the motherboard being used and the onboard video chip (s3 chips for example dont usually play well with other manufacturers).  if there is not a setting to enable/disable the onboard video, that means the modo will either automatically disable it when a vid card is in place or you can control it from within device manager.

start by getting the machine up and running on the onboard video without the vid card installed.  in the bios, set the primary to the onboard video (your card will become primary once windows boots), boot, and install any needed drivers.  in some bios, you have to choose pci (onboard vid usually runs on a pci channel).

once all is well, shut down and install the vid card.  hook a monitor to it and boot (leave the bios set to onboard or pci as the primary).  you should see all the boot info come up on the monitor connected to the onboard vid.  once it boots windows will hopefully run you through the new hardware wizard for the newly installed card

if all doesnt work right you can always try putting the card in a different slot or even make the card the primary in the bios, but the onboard is often disabled when agp or pcie is set as the primary.  if, once the card is installed the onboard quits working, look in the device manager to see if the onboard is listed.  if it is not you may be able to turn it back on by reinstalling the driver.

keep in mind that sometimes nothing will work.  some onboard vid just wont work with an additional vid card (i found this to be the case with s3 chrome and a 6600gt, but that was using agp as well)

[snapback]154361[/snapback]

Posted 02/05/2007 03:55 PM   
Scroll To Top