7900GT Vista scrambled screen TEMPORARY FIX No more scramble waking from sleep
  1 / 13    
Rejoice 7900GT users! Here's a temporary solution to the resuming from sleep screen scramble problem.

The original thread discussing this can be found here: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=25025&st=0&p=153454&"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop...&st=0&p=153454&[/url]
[b]
Problem: [/b]When resuming from Sleep in Windows Vista or when attempting to play certain games (Counter Strike Source), the screen scrambles and is unreadible.

[b]Applies to:[/b] 7900 series nVidia GeForce cards running latest 100.59 drivers.

[b]Solution:[/b] Turn off the Aero interface.

[b]Directions:[/b] Right click on the desktop and select Personalize. Select Windows Color and Appearance. Select 'Open classic appearance properties for more color options'. Select Windos Vista Basic. Click OK.

--This has been verified on two seperate 7900GT systems that suffered from the same problem. Turning off the Aero interface solved them both. Although it sucks to loose Aero, this is a much faster solution than my previous sloppy fix.

Come on nVidia...let's see some decent drivers, eh?
Rejoice 7900GT users! Here's a temporary solution to the resuming from sleep screen scramble problem.

The original thread discussing this can be found here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop...&st=0&p=153454&

Problem:
When resuming from Sleep in Windows Vista or when attempting to play certain games (Counter Strike Source), the screen scrambles and is unreadible.

Applies to: 7900 series nVidia GeForce cards running latest 100.59 drivers.

Solution: Turn off the Aero interface.

Directions: Right click on the desktop and select Personalize. Select Windows Color and Appearance. Select 'Open classic appearance properties for more color options'. Select Windos Vista Basic. Click OK.

--This has been verified on two seperate 7900GT systems that suffered from the same problem. Turning off the Aero interface solved them both. Although it sucks to loose Aero, this is a much faster solution than my previous sloppy fix.

Come on nVidia...let's see some decent drivers, eh?

Posted 02/02/2007 12:37 AM   
Greetings fellow nZone readers who are being troubled by the Screen Scramble.

I am a long time reader first time poster but this is soon to change, i come bearing help and time to compensate your problem.

I had the problem as well, so i tried the above fix with the nVidia WHQL Drivers, however this proved to do jack crap for me. So i then went out and got the latest beta drivers, 100.59 NOT 100.54, then tried a program that got the scramble, and this still had not fixed it.

Missing the beauty of Aero i turned it back on and flipped into my nVidia control panel, i slapped it into advanced mode and made a discovery that i knew at once was not right, the card was AUTOMATICALLY set to a certain MSAA and AF, i dropped these back to Application controlled and saved my setting and ALAS, THE PROBLEM WAS FIXED.

After doing this i have not had the problem since, the games i have tested are as follows: Dawn of War : Dark Crusade, World of Warcraft, CS: Source, BF2142.

THIS LIST OF GAMES WILL BE UPDATED!

I hope i have been of some help here, please reply as i am willing to help with your problems.
Greetings fellow nZone readers who are being troubled by the Screen Scramble.

I am a long time reader first time poster but this is soon to change, i come bearing help and time to compensate your problem.

I had the problem as well, so i tried the above fix with the nVidia WHQL Drivers, however this proved to do jack crap for me. So i then went out and got the latest beta drivers, 100.59 NOT 100.54, then tried a program that got the scramble, and this still had not fixed it.

Missing the beauty of Aero i turned it back on and flipped into my nVidia control panel, i slapped it into advanced mode and made a discovery that i knew at once was not right, the card was AUTOMATICALLY set to a certain MSAA and AF, i dropped these back to Application controlled and saved my setting and ALAS, THE PROBLEM WAS FIXED.

After doing this i have not had the problem since, the games i have tested are as follows: Dawn of War : Dark Crusade, World of Warcraft, CS: Source, BF2142.

THIS LIST OF GAMES WILL BE UPDATED!

I hope i have been of some help here, please reply as i am willing to help with your problems.

Posted 02/03/2007 01:02 PM   
[quote name='Dakdak' date='Feb 3 2007, 02:02 PM']i slapped it into advanced mode and made a discovery that i knew at once was not right, the card was AUTOMATICALLY set to a certain MSAA and AF, i dropped these back to Application controlled and saved my setting and ALAS, THE PROBLEM WAS FIXED.[/quote]

How do I do this I have try to find MSAA part but cant seem to find it with these new drivers
[quote name='Dakdak' date='Feb 3 2007, 02:02 PM']i slapped it into advanced mode and made a discovery that i knew at once was not right, the card was AUTOMATICALLY set to a certain MSAA and AF, i dropped these back to Application controlled and saved my setting and ALAS, THE PROBLEM WAS FIXED.

How do I do this I have try to find MSAA part but cant seem to find it with these new drivers

Posted 02/03/2007 02:23 PM   
[quote name='ATOPORK' date='Feb 3 2007, 07:23 AM']How do I do this I have try to find MSAA part but cant seem to find it with these new drivers
[right][snapback]154845[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This 'fix' has already been covered numerous times as not having fixed the problem. AA is at the root of this problem somehow but disabling it does not always fix the problem. There is more behind this issue than simply turning off AA or aero. There is an inherent flaw in these drivers that needs to be addressed asap in order to get a real fix. Maybe march or april if we are lucky.
[quote name='ATOPORK' date='Feb 3 2007, 07:23 AM']How do I do this I have try to find MSAA part but cant seem to find it with these new drivers

[snapback]154845[/snapback]

This 'fix' has already been covered numerous times as not having fixed the problem. AA is at the root of this problem somehow but disabling it does not always fix the problem. There is more behind this issue than simply turning off AA or aero. There is an inherent flaw in these drivers that needs to be addressed asap in order to get a real fix. Maybe march or april if we are lucky.

Posted 02/03/2007 03:13 PM   
RoboZombi, thanks this fixed the problem for now, lets wait for a newer driver and see if they fix this.
RoboZombi, thanks this fixed the problem for now, lets wait for a newer driver and see if they fix this.

Posted 02/03/2007 06:16 PM   
Hi guys... I have the same issue and at the risk of sarcasm isn't aeroglass one of the main features you all installed vista for? So why bother finding fixes or changing to basic view.... just dont allow the monitor to sleep and use the default vista screensaver set at a short interval?

nvidia and thier total turtle like response to Vista has and continues to be bloody annoying but will get sorted eventually - one would hope!!

And no I'm not employed by nvidia but I've just seen that people are talking about class action suits etc which I guess prompted the 'patience' advice.

I feel ya pain tho for a couple of months I was convinced my monitor was at fault and nearly replaced a 30'' LCD for no reason.....
Hi guys... I have the same issue and at the risk of sarcasm isn't aeroglass one of the main features you all installed vista for? So why bother finding fixes or changing to basic view.... just dont allow the monitor to sleep and use the default vista screensaver set at a short interval?

nvidia and thier total turtle like response to Vista has and continues to be bloody annoying but will get sorted eventually - one would hope!!

And no I'm not employed by nvidia but I've just seen that people are talking about class action suits etc which I guess prompted the 'patience' advice.

I feel ya pain tho for a couple of months I was convinced my monitor was at fault and nearly replaced a 30'' LCD for no reason.....

Posted 02/04/2007 02:26 AM   
Hmm, not sure if this will help anyone else, but rather than upgrading my XP i reformatted my HDD, and did a clean Vista install, i went straight to 100.59 Drivers, re-installed my games and have had no problems at all.
Hmm, not sure if this will help anyone else, but rather than upgrading my XP i reformatted my HDD, and did a clean Vista install, i went straight to 100.59 Drivers, re-installed my games and have had no problems at all.

Posted 02/04/2007 03:23 AM   
[quote name='Dakdak' date='Feb 4 2007, 04:23 AM']Hmm, not sure if this will help anyone else, but rather than upgrading my XP i reformatted my HDD, and did a clean Vista install, i went straight to 100.59 Drivers, re-installed my games and have had no problems at all.
[right][snapback]155093[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've got a 7900GT, AMD X2 4200+

I did a fresh install but that still gave me the screen glitch.
[quote name='Dakdak' date='Feb 4 2007, 04:23 AM']Hmm, not sure if this will help anyone else, but rather than upgrading my XP i reformatted my HDD, and did a clean Vista install, i went straight to 100.59 Drivers, re-installed my games and have had no problems at all.

[snapback]155093[/snapback]

I've got a 7900GT, AMD X2 4200+

I did a fresh install but that still gave me the screen glitch.

Posted 02/08/2007 02:33 PM   
eVGA 7900GT KO here running in Vista Home Premium. Getting garbled screen after waking up from sleep mode. Turning off Aero did not help. This is a clean install of Vista with nothing installed except nvidia's 100.59 drivers. Default Vista drivers does the same thing. No problems in XP at all.
eVGA 7900GT KO here running in Vista Home Premium. Getting garbled screen after waking up from sleep mode. Turning off Aero did not help. This is a clean install of Vista with nothing installed except nvidia's 100.59 drivers. Default Vista drivers does the same thing. No problems in XP at all.

Posted 02/08/2007 09:32 PM   
I've got a 7900 GT with Vista Ultimate. All sets of drivers display the problem, and while turning off Aero seems to help, it doesn't cure the problem completely.

Any ideas? This is terrible.
I've got a 7900 GT with Vista Ultimate. All sets of drivers display the problem, and while turning off Aero seems to help, it doesn't cure the problem completely.

Any ideas? This is terrible.

Posted 02/09/2007 04:56 AM   
We need real drivers...STAT!

Though it's amazing how similar us 7900 user's PC's are. Most people Ive talked to with one has an eVGA 7900GT and an AMD Athlon x2 4200+.
We need real drivers...STAT!

Though it's amazing how similar us 7900 user's PC's are. Most people Ive talked to with one has an eVGA 7900GT and an AMD Athlon x2 4200+.

Posted 02/09/2007 07:47 AM   
Here's my solution:

Purchased a pci-e ATI X1950 Pro today. Uninstalled nvidia drivers, shutdown, removed nvidia 7900gt, installed X1950, powered up, installed catalyst drivers, reboot. Whattya know? The problem is fixed /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

nvidia 7900gt is now off to ebay -- good riddance nvidia products and your crummy drivers! Get your act together, or you wont be seeing any more money from me.
Here's my solution:

Purchased a pci-e ATI X1950 Pro today. Uninstalled nvidia drivers, shutdown, removed nvidia 7900gt, installed X1950, powered up, installed catalyst drivers, reboot. Whattya know? The problem is fixed /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

nvidia 7900gt is now off to ebay -- good riddance nvidia products and your crummy drivers! Get your act together, or you wont be seeing any more money from me.

Posted 02/11/2007 08:39 PM   
Has anyone gotten Nvidia to acknowledge the problem?

[quote name='dvdrsmth' date='Feb 11 2007, 12:39 PM']Here's my solution:

Purchased a pci-e ATI X1950 Pro today.  Uninstalled nvidia drivers, shutdown, removed nvidia 7900gt, installed X1950, powered up, installed catalyst drivers, reboot.  Whattya know? The problem is fixed  /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

nvidia 7900gt is now off to ebay -- good riddance nvidia products and your crummy drivers!  Get your act together, or you wont be seeing any more money from me.
[right][snapback]158498[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Has anyone gotten Nvidia to acknowledge the problem?

[quote name='dvdrsmth' date='Feb 11 2007, 12:39 PM']Here's my solution:

Purchased a pci-e ATI X1950 Pro today.  Uninstalled nvidia drivers, shutdown, removed nvidia 7900gt, installed X1950, powered up, installed catalyst drivers, reboot.  Whattya know? The problem is fixed  /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

nvidia 7900gt is now off to ebay -- good riddance nvidia products and your crummy drivers!  Get your act together, or you wont be seeing any more money from me.

[snapback]158498[/snapback]

Posted 02/11/2007 09:22 PM   
I would imagine nvidia is well aware of the problem as this looks to be the same issue and the thread is quite long:

[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=24568"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=24568[/url]

[quote name='zaius55' date='Feb 11 2007, 05:22 PM']Has anyone gotten Nvidia to acknowledge the problem?
[right][snapback]158512[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I would imagine nvidia is well aware of the problem as this looks to be the same issue and the thread is quite long:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=24568

[quote name='zaius55' date='Feb 11 2007, 05:22 PM']Has anyone gotten Nvidia to acknowledge the problem?

[snapback]158512[/snapback]

Posted 02/11/2007 10:39 PM   
My experience with this issue goes beyond display corruption/need reboot after standby. I also get screen corruption/need reboot when installing new applications where the application admin rights asks for permission and the screen goes black momentarily. It seems that after a number of these the computer will lock.
My experience with this issue goes beyond display corruption/need reboot after standby. I also get screen corruption/need reboot when installing new applications where the application admin rights asks for permission and the screen goes black momentarily. It seems that after a number of these the computer will lock.

Posted 02/13/2007 08:20 PM   
  1 / 13    
Scroll To Top