Can't Load Drivers
My Geforce 6600 has developed a problem in that the drivers have disappeared and won't reinstall.

I discovered the problem over the weekend when I went to run a game. The game refused to run and said I did not have a graphics card installed. Having checked the device manager it showed the 6600 with a yellow exclaimation mark and it claimed no drivers were installed.

I tried to reinstall the drivers (version 93.71) ,it got all the way through the process but the final message I got was that 'the system has not been modified'. It did not reinstall the drivers.

I have reseated the card and that has made no difference.

I have uninstalled from the device manager and then asked Windows XP to add new hardware. It finds a 'VGA Compliant device' rather than an Nvidia Geforce 6600 but is unable to load any drivers for it.

Is my graphics card broken or is windows the problem (I have not yet tried repairing windows). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help.
My Geforce 6600 has developed a problem in that the drivers have disappeared and won't reinstall.

I discovered the problem over the weekend when I went to run a game. The game refused to run and said I did not have a graphics card installed. Having checked the device manager it showed the 6600 with a yellow exclaimation mark and it claimed no drivers were installed.

I tried to reinstall the drivers (version 93.71) ,it got all the way through the process but the final message I got was that 'the system has not been modified'. It did not reinstall the drivers.

I have reseated the card and that has made no difference.

I have uninstalled from the device manager and then asked Windows XP to add new hardware. It finds a 'VGA Compliant device' rather than an Nvidia Geforce 6600 but is unable to load any drivers for it.

Is my graphics card broken or is windows the problem (I have not yet tried repairing windows). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted 01/30/2007 09:36 AM   
Scroll To Top