8800 Vista drivers thread With guidelines
  1 / 137    
I closed the previous Vista drivers thread for two reasons:
1. Far too many people flaming, posting FUD, and in general not posting within TOS
2. I'm hoping to start anew with a more productive thread.

PLEASE stay within TOS.

Do not:
1. Post you're going to sue nVidia.
2. Post they are guilty of false advertising. (without link to your court judgement saying so)
3. Post the hardware must not work (FUD)
4. Post the software must not work (FUD)
5. Post that you want nVidia staff fired or accosted. (don't be a jerk)
6. Ask for direct response from nVidia.

This forum is for user to user support and end user experiences, state them politely and in a constructive fashion if they're negative.

Use this thread more appropriately, please, or we will vacation you from the board.
I closed the previous Vista drivers thread for two reasons:

1. Far too many people flaming, posting FUD, and in general not posting within TOS

2. I'm hoping to start anew with a more productive thread.

PLEASE stay within TOS.

Do not:

2. Post they are guilty of false advertising. (without link to your court judgement saying so)

This forum is for user to user support and end user experiences, state them politely and in a constructive fashion if they're negative.

Use this thread more appropriately, please, or we will vacation you from the board.

GTX680 SLI

Asus Rampage/intel 990X

3 X Acer GD235Hz

NVIDIA FOCUS GROUP

Not employed by NVIDIA, nor do my views represent NVIDIA's in any way.

Posted 01/11/2007 01:30 AM   
Me waits for a BETA before Jan30th. :ph34r: B) /angel.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='O:)' />
Me waits for a BETA before Jan30th. :ph34r: B) /angel.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='O:)' />

MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2
4x4GB Samsung DDR3-1600
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
PNY GeForce GTX 680
----------------------------
"Human's aren't the only species on Earth, We just act like it..."

Posted 01/11/2007 01:34 AM   
Thanks Brian,

ok, to all newcomers, Forceware 100.30 has been showcased on Vista at CES 2007

[img]http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/visnvdadrv.jpg[/img]

that pretty much, removes
[quote]3. Post the hardware must not work (FUD)
[/quote]

from the equation. so theres no need to talk about that.

random unofficial sources (nvnet for 1) have indicated that Forceware 100.30 and 100.50 have been in development.
Thanks Brian,

ok, to all newcomers, Forceware 100.30 has been showcased on Vista at CES 2007

that pretty much, removes

from the equation. so theres no need to talk about that.

random unofficial sources (nvnet for 1) have indicated that Forceware 100.30 and 100.50 have been in development.

Posted 01/11/2007 01:38 AM   
Ahhhh breathing the fresh "air" of a clean thread! Here's to hoping the showing at CES is an omen of good things to come, and quickly! :)

**The information contained here is offered "AS-IS" and confers no rights or warranty. This post is the opinion of myself and in no way reflects the opinions or beliefs of Microsoft Corporation.**
Ahhhh breathing the fresh "air" of a clean thread! Here's to hoping the showing at CES is an omen of good things to come, and quickly! :)

**The information contained here is offered "AS-IS" and confers no rights or warranty. This post is the opinion of myself and in no way reflects the opinions or beliefs of Microsoft Corporation.**

Posted 01/11/2007 01:59 AM   
One quick question...

Anyone know what the highest res is we can use without the drivers?

I'd like to run at my monitors res of 1680x1050, but I'm guessing we're limited to something much smaller until the drivers come out.

If anyone could verify this though that would be great. The fear of having to use my widescreen at 1024x768 (or worse) is really the only thing keeping me from installing at this point.

Thanks!
One quick question...

Anyone know what the highest res is we can use without the drivers?

I'd like to run at my monitors res of 1680x1050, but I'm guessing we're limited to something much smaller until the drivers come out.

If anyone could verify this though that would be great. The fear of having to use my widescreen at 1024x768 (or worse) is really the only thing keeping me from installing at this point.

Thanks!

Posted 01/11/2007 02:29 AM   
to Philbie

Tough.

this thread is not and never was a place to discuss that, it is about the drivers, pure and simple.
to Philbie

Tough.

this thread is not and never was a place to discuss that, it is about the drivers, pure and simple.

Posted 01/11/2007 02:30 AM   
#2 is where every argument lies tbh. Other than that all is good. Not long to go. Anyone fancy a game of cards?
#2 is where every argument lies tbh. Other than that all is good. Not long to go. Anyone fancy a game of cards?

Posted 01/11/2007 02:30 AM   
Actually, with that many guidelines the thread should be next to silent. We dont know enough about them to discuss really. First one to get some new news wins :D
Actually, with that many guidelines the thread should be next to silent. We dont know enough about them to discuss really. First one to get some new news wins :D

Posted 01/11/2007 02:33 AM   
the Drivers are working in Crysis :P, thats news i guess :P
the Drivers are working in Crysis :P, thats news i guess :P

Posted 01/11/2007 02:35 AM   
Had to strain my eyes a bit. But what is:

Triple buffering
and
Threaded optimisation

were they there in past forceware versions.

And do you think the 8800 drivers will be integrated in with all the others, like they were before with everything from geforce 1 to 7 in one package or will it remain seperate?
Had to strain my eyes a bit. But what is:

Triple buffering

and

Threaded optimisation

were they there in past forceware versions.

And do you think the 8800 drivers will be integrated in with all the others, like they were before with everything from geforce 1 to 7 in one package or will it remain seperate?

Posted 01/11/2007 02:37 AM   
Triple buffering smooths FPS when vsync is enabled and the FPS is below the monitor refresh rate.

Threaded optimisation is basicall Dual core optimisations
Triple buffering smooths FPS when vsync is enabled and the FPS is below the monitor refresh rate.

Threaded optimisation is basicall Dual core optimisations

Posted 01/11/2007 02:41 AM   
All old news then. I rly should google things before asking silly questions. Anyway im off to bed and will read all the interesting thread content tomorrow :)
All old news then. I rly should google things before asking silly questions. Anyway im off to bed and will read all the interesting thread content tomorrow :)

Posted 01/11/2007 02:42 AM   
I hope not, I've never liked it when they integrate drivers for multiple cards into a single set.

But my guess with the 8800 is, they won't integrate them with older cards, since the architecture is quite different.
I hope not, I've never liked it when they integrate drivers for multiple cards into a single set.

But my guess with the 8800 is, they won't integrate them with older cards, since the architecture is quite different.

Intel Core Duo 2 E6600
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
4Gb Corsair DDR2 PC-5300
XFX Geforce 8800GTS
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum
Compro VideoMate Gold Plus
2x Seagate 320GB SATA HDDs
2x Pioneer DVR-111D DVD-RWs

Posted 01/11/2007 02:43 AM   
[quote name='fhertlein2' date='Jan 11 2007, 01:47 PM']Dude, until your name has moderator under it, stop acting like one. If you want to stop the flames, then act in the same fashion.

Perhaps a better tact would have been to ignore the post by Philbie.
[right][snapback]144769[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ironic thing, is he didn't lash out at 'solarisfireball' in the same way for the same opinion.
[quote name='fhertlein2' date='Jan 11 2007, 01:47 PM']Dude, until your name has moderator under it, stop acting like one. If you want to stop the flames, then act in the same fashion.

Perhaps a better tact would have been to ignore the post by Philbie.

[snapback]144769[/snapback]

Ironic thing, is he didn't lash out at 'solarisfireball' in the same way for the same opinion.

Intel Core Duo 2 E6600
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
4Gb Corsair DDR2 PC-5300
XFX Geforce 8800GTS
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum
Compro VideoMate Gold Plus
2x Seagate 320GB SATA HDDs
2x Pioneer DVR-111D DVD-RWs

Posted 01/11/2007 02:58 AM   
[quote name='Brian_S' date='Jan 10 2007, 07:30 PM']Do not:
[/quote]
So... what are we supposed to talk about? Our experiences with the drivers? Surely you see the irony in limiting the discussion to that...?
[quote name='Brian_S' date='Jan 10 2007, 07:30 PM']Do not:

So... what are we supposed to talk about? Our experiences with the drivers? Surely you see the irony in limiting the discussion to that...?

XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
Intel QX6700 Quad Core
Intel D975XBX2 Mobo
2x1GB Corsair DDR2 6400 XMS2 Extreme
2x320GB SATA II
CL SB X-FI XtremeGamer FATAL1TY
Thermaltake Tough Power 600 Watt

Posted 01/11/2007 03:03 AM   
  1 / 137    
Scroll To Top