Nvidia drivers and Samsung MagicTune Samsung blames Nvidia drivers
I just bought a Samsung SyncMaster 971P LCD monitor. Having no buttons it relies on the MagicTune software to set everything (even the LCD backlight brightness level).

But on my system MagicTune just crashes in a GPF when I start it.
Samsung blames my video drivers and say I need at least 77.xx

But I run 45.23 on my Ti-4200 card, and they are very fast and stable, and the last time I experimented with newer drivers they were buggy and slower on the 4200.

So what do I do? Is there a new fast and stable driver for the 4200?
Or is there some other way to make the MagicTune software work?
I just bought a Samsung SyncMaster 971P LCD monitor. Having no buttons it relies on the MagicTune software to set everything (even the LCD backlight brightness level).

But on my system MagicTune just crashes in a GPF when I start it.

Samsung blames my video drivers and say I need at least 77.xx

But I run 45.23 on my Ti-4200 card, and they are very fast and stable, and the last time I experimented with newer drivers they were buggy and slower on the 4200.

So what do I do? Is there a new fast and stable driver for the 4200?

Or is there some other way to make the MagicTune software work?

Posted 12/29/2006 01:29 AM   
Samsung magic tune is like crapware,.. it causes problems with all nvidia drivers, coming from memory... while samsung says that... if it was an nvidia issue, it'd be fixed by now.
Samsung magic tune is like crapware,.. it causes problems with all nvidia drivers, coming from memory... while samsung says that... if it was an nvidia issue, it'd be fixed by now.

Posted 12/30/2006 10:25 PM   
^^^
^^^

Posted 12/30/2006 10:26 PM   
What's wrong with using a 77+ driver? Even if it may cost you a fps or so, it should be much more compatible with current games. Which is, btw, one of the reason why it can be a little slower sometimes.

45.x is really REALLY old. Even nHancer wouldn't run with that old version...

What kind of bugs are experiencing with a later driver? I'm using a GeForce 3 with current drivers, without any real problems.
What's wrong with using a 77+ driver? Even if it may cost you a fps or so, it should be much more compatible with current games. Which is, btw, one of the reason why it can be a little slower sometimes.

45.x is really REALLY old. Even nHancer wouldn't run with that old version...

What kind of bugs are experiencing with a later driver? I'm using a GeForce 3 with current drivers, without any real problems.

Posted 12/30/2006 10:53 PM   
im using a Ti 4800SE with 93.81, and its not suffering any of the bugs that occur on FX - 7800 cards (the clock bug and the semi lockup with coolbits installed)

i went back to 92.91 after fixing it with the 93.81 nvittvs.dll file :P
im using a Ti 4800SE with 93.81, and its not suffering any of the bugs that occur on FX - 7800 cards (the clock bug and the semi lockup with coolbits installed)

i went back to 92.91 after fixing it with the 93.81 nvittvs.dll file :P

Posted 12/30/2006 11:07 PM   
Scroll To Top