Need nForce 4 SLI chipset drivers for AMD system..
Hi guys....my first post here so please bear with me....

Well, I just got a new system, that I had been planning for about 15 months......The system is up n running now...just a day old baby :P ...

basically i came looking here for the latest nForce 4 SLI chipset drivers for an AMD based system (I have an AMD opteron 165 installed)...

in the download list, I can find [i]nForce 4 SLI intel[/i], and [i]nForce 4 Series AMD[/i], but I cannot find [i]nForce 4 SLI AMD[/i]...

help me out guys..thanx... /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
Hi guys....my first post here so please bear with me....

Well, I just got a new system, that I had been planning for about 15 months......The system is up n running now...just a day old baby :P ...

basically i came looking here for the latest nForce 4 SLI chipset drivers for an AMD based system (I have an AMD opteron 165 installed)...

in the download list, I can find nForce 4 SLI intel, and nForce 4 Series AMD, but I cannot find nForce 4 SLI AMD...

help me out guys..thanx... /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Posted 12/28/2006 08:35 PM   
can someone please help me out ??
can someone please help me out ??

Posted 12/29/2006 03:42 PM   
[quote name='ahmadka' date='Dec 28 2006, 03:35 PM']Hi guys....my first post here so please bear with me....

Well, I just got a new system, that I had been planning for about 15 months......The system is up n running now...just a day old baby  :P ...

in the download list, I can find [i]nForce 4 SLI intel[/i], and [i]nForce 4 Series AMD[/i], but I cannot find [i]nForce 4 SLI AMD[/i]...

help me out guys..thanx...  /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
[right][snapback]139723[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You answered your own question. The Nforce 4 Series AMD are the drivers you want.
[quote name='ahmadka' date='Dec 28 2006, 03:35 PM']Hi guys....my first post here so please bear with me....

Well, I just got a new system, that I had been planning for about 15 months......The system is up n running now...just a day old baby  :P ...

in the download list, I can find nForce 4 SLI intel, and nForce 4 Series AMD, but I cannot find nForce 4 SLI AMD...

help me out guys..thanx...  /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

[snapback]139723[/snapback]

You answered your own question. The Nforce 4 Series AMD are the drivers you want.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 3.3ghz, Asus P5W Deluxe Mobo, 8192mb Mushkin DDR2, EVGA GF8800GTX, Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer Soundcard, Diamondmax 10 300gb HD, 2x Diamondmax Maxline III 250gb, OCZ GameXStream 700W PS

Posted 12/29/2006 05:35 PM   
but they are not for SLI..they are just for the normal nForce 4 chipset..
but they are not for SLI..they are just for the normal nForce 4 chipset..

Posted 12/29/2006 07:32 PM   
[quote name='ahmadka' date='Dec 29 2006, 08:32 PM']but they are not for SLI..they are just for the normal nForce 4 chipset..
[right][snapback]140076[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, that's because the SLi driver versions are only for the Intel flavour. All AMD drivers only support x8 on each card when running in SLi mode whereas Intel has a number of different configurations i.e. both cards running in x16 mode or in x8 mode depending on the chipset.

In addition, the AMD version is just a single chip whereas the Intel flavour has both a Northbridge and a Southbridge.
[quote name='ahmadka' date='Dec 29 2006, 08:32 PM']but they are not for SLI..they are just for the normal nForce 4 chipset..

[snapback]140076[/snapback]

Yes, that's because the SLi driver versions are only for the Intel flavour. All AMD drivers only support x8 on each card when running in SLi mode whereas Intel has a number of different configurations i.e. both cards running in x16 mode or in x8 mode depending on the chipset.

In addition, the AMD version is just a single chip whereas the Intel flavour has both a Northbridge and a Southbridge.

Posted 12/29/2006 07:46 PM   
[quote name='ditto' date='Dec 30 2006, 12:46 AM']Yes, that's because the SLi driver versions are only for the Intel flavour. All AMD drivers only support x8 on each card when running in SLi mode whereas Intel has a number of different configurations i.e. both cards running in x16 mode or in x8 mode depending on the chipset. 

[right][snapback]140080[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

so you are saying that I should just go for the nForce 4 Series AMD chipset ?
[quote name='ditto' date='Dec 30 2006, 12:46 AM']Yes, that's because the SLi driver versions are only for the Intel flavour. All AMD drivers only support x8 on each card when running in SLi mode whereas Intel has a number of different configurations i.e. both cards running in x16 mode or in x8 mode depending on the chipset. 

[snapback]140080[/snapback]

so you are saying that I should just go for the nForce 4 Series AMD chipset ?

Posted 01/04/2007 04:01 PM   
[quote name='ahmadka' date='Jan 4 2007, 11:01 AM']so you are saying that I should just go for the nForce 4 Series AMD chipset ?
[right][snapback]141886[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, we've been trying to tell you that for days now.

If you noticed I have the Nforce 4 SLI chipset on my board too.
[quote name='ahmadka' date='Jan 4 2007, 11:01 AM']so you are saying that I should just go for the nForce 4 Series AMD chipset ?

[snapback]141886[/snapback]

Yeah, we've been trying to tell you that for days now.

If you noticed I have the Nforce 4 SLI chipset on my board too.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 3.3ghz, Asus P5W Deluxe Mobo, 8192mb Mushkin DDR2, EVGA GF8800GTX, Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer Soundcard, Diamondmax 10 300gb HD, 2x Diamondmax Maxline III 250gb, OCZ GameXStream 700W PS

Posted 01/04/2007 06:57 PM   
Scroll To Top