NVIDIA HDTV Setup Wizard
I was checking out the description under the Forceware for NVIDIA GeForce Go GPUs and I saw 'HDTV Setup Wizard and Calibration' listed. Part of the description says you could use it to 'center the Windows desktop perfectly on your HDTV'. This is of particular interest to me as I have a 42" Plasma HDTV with a 1024 x 768 resolution. The desktop at this resolution is obviously stretched given the 16:9 aspect ratio. The laptop that I would like to connect to the TV is an older Toshiba Satellite with a GeForce4 420 Go. I downloaded the forceware listed for the Go adapters but when I attempt to install it says "NVIDIA setup could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware". I can only assume that this means that an adapter as old as mine is not supported by this forceware release. The HDTV Setup Wizard is really the only part that I'm looking for, but I don't see any options to download that by itself. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get the HDTV Setup Wizard that would be compatible with my GeForce4 420 Go. Thanks.
I was checking out the description under the Forceware for NVIDIA GeForce Go GPUs and I saw 'HDTV Setup Wizard and Calibration' listed. Part of the description says you could use it to 'center the Windows desktop perfectly on your HDTV'. This is of particular interest to me as I have a 42" Plasma HDTV with a 1024 x 768 resolution. The desktop at this resolution is obviously stretched given the 16:9 aspect ratio. The laptop that I would like to connect to the TV is an older Toshiba Satellite with a GeForce4 420 Go. I downloaded the forceware listed for the Go adapters but when I attempt to install it says "NVIDIA setup could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware". I can only assume that this means that an adapter as old as mine is not supported by this forceware release. The HDTV Setup Wizard is really the only part that I'm looking for, but I don't see any options to download that by itself. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get the HDTV Setup Wizard that would be compatible with my GeForce4 420 Go. Thanks.

Posted 12/24/2006 09:11 AM   
Scroll To Top