Call of Duty 3 not being released for PC How many of you feel betrayed?
  1 / 2    
Well, every organism in the universe that is into gaming knows that CoD 3 isn't being released for the PC. How many of you feel betrayed by Activision?
Well, every organism in the universe that is into gaming knows that CoD 3 isn't being released for the PC. How many of you feel betrayed by Activision?

Posted 11/28/2006 05:55 AM   
I sure do. I have heard all sorts of reasons for this but none that are acceptable to me. I hear that the main reason is because that there is NO WAY that a PC can run a game that advanced. I think that's BS. Look at Crysis as an example. That's one heluva demanding game but it's coming to PC. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />
I have a feeling that COD3 may come out for PC once DX10 is out, but that could just be wishfull thinking. :(
I sure do. I have heard all sorts of reasons for this but none that are acceptable to me. I hear that the main reason is because that there is NO WAY that a PC can run a game that advanced. I think that's BS. Look at Crysis as an example. That's one heluva demanding game but it's coming to PC. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />

I have a feeling that COD3 may come out for PC once DX10 is out, but that could just be wishfull thinking. :(

AMD Athlon 4400+ X2 (Thermaltake - Blue Orb 2 HSF)
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI
2GB 400mhz D/C Kingston
2GB Sandisk U3 Cruzer (Vista ReadyBoost Cache)
Maxtor 6L300SO 300GB SETA 16MB
Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA-II 9MS 7200RPM 16MB
EVGA 8800GT 512MB
Creative 24bit 7.1
OKIA 600W PSU
-----------------------------
OS's: XP Pro X64 and Vista Ultimate X64

Posted 11/29/2006 03:32 AM   
[quote name='dlbme' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:02 AM']I hear that the main reason is because that there is NO WAY that a PC can run a game that advanced.  I think that's BS.[right][snapback]131190[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

/haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' /> Wotta NICE JOKE.. lol! Yeah, it's not just BS, it's double BS.. /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

Well, who knows.. Perhaps this may be for the better. I heard that it was not developed by Infinity Ward.

A different kind of wishful thinking might be hoping for a scenario in which a [i]unique[/i] PC version will be released later, one which is developed by Infinity Ward.
[quote name='dlbme' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:02 AM']I hear that the main reason is because that there is NO WAY that a PC can run a game that advanced.  I think that's BS.
[snapback]131190[/snapback]

/haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' /> Wotta NICE JOKE.. lol! Yeah, it's not just BS, it's double BS.. /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

Well, who knows.. Perhaps this may be for the better. I heard that it was not developed by Infinity Ward.

A different kind of wishful thinking might be hoping for a scenario in which a unique PC version will be released later, one which is developed by Infinity Ward.

Posted 11/29/2006 12:46 PM   
[quote name='dlbme' date='Nov 29 2006, 03:32 AM']I sure do.  I have heard all sorts of reasons for this but none that are acceptable to me.  I hear that the main reason is because that there is NO WAY that a PC can run a game that advanced.  I think that's BS. Look at Crysis as an example.  That's one heluva demanding game but it's coming to PC. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />
I have a feeling that COD3 may come out for PC once DX10 is out, but that could just be wishfull thinking.  :(
[right][snapback]131190[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

we mustnt forget all consol games are written on the pc so whoever is saying that the pc can't run them is telling porkys.

i think its probably more down to a contract with the consol makers to try and convert pc gamers to consol.
[quote name='dlbme' date='Nov 29 2006, 03:32 AM']I sure do.  I have heard all sorts of reasons for this but none that are acceptable to me.  I hear that the main reason is because that there is NO WAY that a PC can run a game that advanced.  I think that's BS. Look at Crysis as an example.  That's one heluva demanding game but it's coming to PC. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />

I have a feeling that COD3 may come out for PC once DX10 is out, but that could just be wishfull thinking.  :(

we mustnt forget all consol games are written on the pc so whoever is saying that the pc can't run them is telling porkys.

i think its probably more down to a contract with the consol makers to try and convert pc gamers to consol.

Posted 11/29/2006 03:00 PM   
[right][snapback]131190[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
that would be absolute BS. We have just had the 8800GTX released so to say that its too demanding for the PC is rubbish. The game doesnt even look that impressive (it looks good, but in terms of 'OMFG that game is the best thing ive ever seen!' it aint) im sure they will release it next year with Vista ect, but it looks like it could be yet another console port... so it could turn out like complete poo.

that would be absolute BS. We have just had the 8800GTX released so to say that its too demanding for the PC is rubbish. The game doesnt even look that impressive (it looks good, but in terms of 'OMFG that game is the best thing ive ever seen!' it aint) im sure they will release it next year with Vista ect, but it looks like it could be yet another console port... so it could turn out like complete poo.

Posted 11/30/2006 11:43 AM   
[quote name='rohith10' date='Nov 29 2006, 07:46 AM']/haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' /> Wotta NICE JOKE.. lol! Yeah, it's not just BS, it's double BS.. /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

A different kind of wishful thinking might be hoping for a scenario in which a [i]unique[/i] PC version will be released later, one which is developed by Infinity Ward.
[right][snapback]131289[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah that is pretty funny considering the Wii is slightly more powerful than the Xbox 1 and Call Of Duty 3 is on that system too.

Yeah, I'm sure none of us have a PC that powerful.

(can anyone detect the sarcasm?)
[quote name='rohith10' date='Nov 29 2006, 07:46 AM']/haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' /> Wotta NICE JOKE.. lol! Yeah, it's not just BS, it's double BS.. /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

A different kind of wishful thinking might be hoping for a scenario in which a unique PC version will be released later, one which is developed by Infinity Ward.

[snapback]131289[/snapback]

Yeah that is pretty funny considering the Wii is slightly more powerful than the Xbox 1 and Call Of Duty 3 is on that system too.

Yeah, I'm sure none of us have a PC that powerful.

(can anyone detect the sarcasm?)

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 3.3ghz, Asus P5W Deluxe Mobo, 8192mb Mushkin DDR2, EVGA GF8800GTX, Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer Soundcard, Diamondmax 10 300gb HD, 2x Diamondmax Maxline III 250gb, OCZ GameXStream 700W PS

Posted 11/30/2006 04:19 PM   
Hi,

Sad none the less but apparentely COD4 will be coming out on the PC and IS being developed by Infintry Ward this time.
Hi,

Sad none the less but apparentely COD4 will be coming out on the PC and IS being developed by Infintry Ward this time.

Posted 12/05/2006 06:43 PM   
2 cool :D
2 cool :D

AMD Athlon 4400+ X2 (Thermaltake - Blue Orb 2 HSF)
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI
2GB 400mhz D/C Kingston
2GB Sandisk U3 Cruzer (Vista ReadyBoost Cache)
Maxtor 6L300SO 300GB SETA 16MB
Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA-II 9MS 7200RPM 16MB
EVGA 8800GT 512MB
Creative 24bit 7.1
OKIA 600W PSU
-----------------------------
OS's: XP Pro X64 and Vista Ultimate X64

Posted 12/05/2006 06:46 PM   
[quote name='dlbme' date='Dec 5 2006, 01:46 PM']2 cool  :D
[right][snapback]133610[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah lets just get CoD2 again but with shinier graphics, no thanks.
I was upset to hear this, but it isnt a big loss, the PC FPS market is saturated right now.

an 8800GTX is faster than the gpu in both the 360 and PS3, so its guaranteed that the PC can run CoD3.

At least activision doesnt release crap like EA does.
[quote name='dlbme' date='Dec 5 2006, 01:46 PM']2 cool  :D

[snapback]133610[/snapback]

Yeah lets just get CoD2 again but with shinier graphics, no thanks.

I was upset to hear this, but it isnt a big loss, the PC FPS market is saturated right now.

an 8800GTX is faster than the gpu in both the 360 and PS3, so its guaranteed that the PC can run CoD3.

At least activision doesnt release crap like EA does.

My Setup
Processor: AMD Athlon FX-60
RAM: 2gb DDR 400mhz 2-3-3-6 Corsair XMS
Mobo: ABIT A8N SLI FATALITY
GPU: Nvidia 8800GTX
Sound: X-FI Xtrememusic
Storage: 2 x 74GB Raptors in RAID 0, 1 x 320gb WD Caviar

Posted 12/05/2006 10:39 PM   
im sorry to tell everyone this, but this is very old news,.. it was known about in april this year that COD3 would only be on consoles..

you may feel betrayed if you wish, and flame and spam the companies forums into submission untill they make the game on pc.
im sorry to tell everyone this, but this is very old news,.. it was known about in april this year that COD3 would only be on consoles..

you may feel betrayed if you wish, and flame and spam the companies forums into submission untill they make the game on pc.

Posted 12/06/2006 03:20 AM   
Yes, it IS old news and that has been acknowledged in my first post. The purpose of this thread was to find out how many people are dissatisfied with Activision's decision to forego a PC release.
Yes, it IS old news and that has been acknowledged in my first post. The purpose of this thread was to find out how many people are dissatisfied with Activision's decision to forego a PC release.

Posted 12/06/2006 05:27 PM   
ahh, ok.. wasn't sure thought you was thinking its new or something...

yes i agree that its screwed up that they have the nerve to release 1 and 2 on pc but 3 goes to a damn console....
ahh, ok.. wasn't sure thought you was thinking its new or something...

yes i agree that its screwed up that they have the nerve to release 1 and 2 on pc but 3 goes to a damn console....

Posted 12/06/2006 06:15 PM   
3 is nomenclature only. Your not missing much, it's just CoD2 with a new name.
3 is nomenclature only. Your not missing much, it's just CoD2 with a new name.

Posted 12/07/2006 04:22 AM   
I'm abit naffed off that it is'nt being released for pc. But I've played it for Wii and as said above it's very simmilar to CoD2.

It's just really a publicity stunt for theese new gen consoles.
I'm abit naffed off that it is'nt being released for pc. But I've played it for Wii and as said above it's very simmilar to CoD2.

It's just really a publicity stunt for theese new gen consoles.

Posted 12/11/2006 04:51 PM   
C.O.D IV will be on pc bro relax
C.O.D IV will be on pc bro relax

os xp sp2
mb evga 680i
cpu e6400+ (zalman coolin)
ram 2x1 corsair 6400 xms2
video 76gt sli 770/1640
h.d rapter 74g

Posted 12/11/2006 11:07 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top