AGP 8x detected as PCI
Hello. I have an NVidia 6200 256 DDR2 AGP 8x with a PCCHIPS M909G v5.0 motherboard

the problem is that the NVidia Control panel shows that I'm using a PCI bus. Not even AGP 4x

itsn't a problem of performance... but I'm worried because Everest says that the card running at AGP 4x when my motherboard fully suports AGP 8x (at least that is what the technical service told me). and worse, it says that AGP is not enabled :S

I know there isn't too much difference between 4x and 8x

but there is no reason to be usgin 4x... I'm using 84.21 drivers, with the latest motherboard BIOS and drivers.

The BIOS doesn't have any option about AGP, not aperture size, not fastwrite... Cheap motherboard /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

at least Everest says that fastwerite and side banding is suported but is not enabled

I also tried to unlock the AGP panel on the NVidia control, and NVHardPage SE 5 shows that it's enabled, but it doesn't appear... I think it something with the drivers detecting PCI instead of AGP...

any sugestion is welcome :)

thank you for your time
Hello. I have an NVidia 6200 256 DDR2 AGP 8x with a PCCHIPS M909G v5.0 motherboard

the problem is that the NVidia Control panel shows that I'm using a PCI bus. Not even AGP 4x

itsn't a problem of performance... but I'm worried because Everest says that the card running at AGP 4x when my motherboard fully suports AGP 8x (at least that is what the technical service told me). and worse, it says that AGP is not enabled :S

I know there isn't too much difference between 4x and 8x

but there is no reason to be usgin 4x... I'm using 84.21 drivers, with the latest motherboard BIOS and drivers.

The BIOS doesn't have any option about AGP, not aperture size, not fastwrite... Cheap motherboard /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

at least Everest says that fastwerite and side banding is suported but is not enabled

I also tried to unlock the AGP panel on the NVidia control, and NVHardPage SE 5 shows that it's enabled, but it doesn't appear... I think it something with the drivers detecting PCI instead of AGP...

any sugestion is welcome :)

thank you for your time

AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ Energy Efficient
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe (nForce 570 SLI)
Point of View Geforce 8600GT 256MB
2GB RAM DDR2-667Mhz Kingston
Western Digital Caviar 160 GB
Encore TV Tuner Pro With FM

Posted 11/25/2006 03:08 PM   
even in PCI mode, the agp panel will appear

download the latest Intel Chipset drivers and install them.
even in PCI mode, the agp panel will appear

download the latest Intel Chipset drivers and install them.

Posted 11/26/2006 06:54 AM   
I did that... I even installed different versions just to see if there was something wrong with the latest chipset drivers...
I did that... I even installed different versions just to see if there was something wrong with the latest chipset drivers...

Posted 11/27/2006 12:32 AM   
Sorry. Probably your motherboard has no AGP8x, but an amulated AGP Slot called "AGP Express". I have the same solt on my motherboard ecs-845-gv-m3. You could verify if your chipset has AGP8x support.
Sorry. Probably your motherboard has no AGP8x, but an amulated AGP Slot called "AGP Express". I have the same solt on my motherboard ecs-845-gv-m3. You could verify if your chipset has AGP8x support.

Posted 11/30/2006 11:29 AM   
My motherboard specs "says" that it has fully AGP 8x suport... the Intel 845G chipset says that it has AGP 4x suport... I guess pcchips is not telling the truth... BUT anyway I cannot see the agp panel on the Nvidia Control Panel

:?
My motherboard specs "says" that it has fully AGP 8x suport... the Intel 845G chipset says that it has AGP 4x suport... I guess pcchips is not telling the truth... BUT anyway I cannot see the agp panel on the Nvidia Control Panel

:?

Posted 11/30/2006 07:39 PM   
it's not surprising pcchips not telling the truth...
it's not surprising pcchips not telling the truth...

Posted 12/01/2006 01:53 PM   
Scroll To Top