Full screen video is changing monitor resolution
Full screen video is changing monitor resolution. I have set my secondary monitor to 1024x768 and every time I start a video the resolution on the secondary device changes. I want the full screen video on the secondary device to stay at 1024x768. When I close the video resolution on the secondary device changes back to 1024x768.

Please help me!

I have one older driver that does not change the resolution but I would like to use a newer driver.

/Leo
Full screen video is changing monitor resolution. I have set my secondary monitor to 1024x768 and every time I start a video the resolution on the secondary device changes. I want the full screen video on the secondary device to stay at 1024x768. When I close the video resolution on the secondary device changes back to 1024x768.

Please help me!

I have one older driver that does not change the resolution but I would like to use a newer driver.

/Leo

Posted 11/23/2006 07:47 PM   
Join the wonderful club of crap Nvidia drivers.

I've had exactly the same problems, as have numerous other people. The latest driver that I have been able to prevent this from happening with is 91.31. BUT it took me 8 hours of fiddling with settings to achieve it.

Unfortunataly there is no help for this problem, even Nvidia are incapable of fixing it.
Join the wonderful club of crap Nvidia drivers.

I've had exactly the same problems, as have numerous other people. The latest driver that I have been able to prevent this from happening with is 91.31. BUT it took me 8 hours of fiddling with settings to achieve it.

Unfortunataly there is no help for this problem, even Nvidia are incapable of fixing it.

Posted 11/24/2006 12:03 PM   
So you say that I should stick with the older driver or change to ati?

I get it to work on 91.31 too.
So you say that I should stick with the older driver or change to ati?

I get it to work on 91.31 too.

Posted 11/24/2006 11:50 PM   
I have the same problem (GeForce 6600).

2 display devices (1 LCD via VGA 1280x1024, 1 videoproj via DVI 1280x720 [720p]).
I use dual view (extended desktop).
I put "auto fullscreen video" on drivers.

Each time I play a video, the output to videoproj switches to 1080i instead of keeping 720p resolution, to play in fullscreen, resulting low perf and image lower quality, due to oversampling by the gfx card (resolution change) then downsampling (by videoprojector to fit its resolution) ...

Best of the best, the video is stretched to the resolution of the videoproj, so if I use non standard ratios (i.e. videos not in 16/9 or 4/3 if I force the videoprojector), aspect is changed.

Tried with lastest forceware version and 84.21, no result, I am waiting the 2nd level support (escalated) ...

(!)
[b]All of you who have problems with video output or dual display, don't hesitate to open an issue in NVidia support center !!![/b]
>> [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/support_readme.html"]Submit a question to NVidia support[/url]
Telling you problems in forums wont change anything if it is a driver issue/bug, [color=red]only feedback to NVidia support will show then how important is the problem[/color].
/wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
I have the same problem (GeForce 6600).

2 display devices (1 LCD via VGA 1280x1024, 1 videoproj via DVI 1280x720 [720p]).

I use dual view (extended desktop).

I put "auto fullscreen video" on drivers.

Each time I play a video, the output to videoproj switches to 1080i instead of keeping 720p resolution, to play in fullscreen, resulting low perf and image lower quality, due to oversampling by the gfx card (resolution change) then downsampling (by videoprojector to fit its resolution) ...

Best of the best, the video is stretched to the resolution of the videoproj, so if I use non standard ratios (i.e. videos not in 16/9 or 4/3 if I force the videoprojector), aspect is changed.

Tried with lastest forceware version and 84.21, no result, I am waiting the 2nd level support (escalated) ...

(!)

All of you who have problems with video output or dual display, don't hesitate to open an issue in NVidia support center !!!

>> Submit a question to NVidia support

Telling you problems in forums wont change anything if it is a driver issue/bug, only feedback to NVidia support will show then how important is the problem.

/wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Posted 12/27/2006 03:00 PM   
Scroll To Top