Nvidia Boot Agent
Hi to all...I have started to build my first computer and I ran into a problem which I have no idea what to do. I have the MSI K9N PLATINUM motherboard with the NVIDIA nFORCE 570 Ultra chipset. So far I've only installed the cpu, video card, memory and made the proper power connections.So i decided to turn on the pc to make sure everything was going ok. It turned on fine with no problem. I went into BIOS and pressed LOAD FAIL-SAFE DEFAULTS and then I saved the changes and the computer goes to reboot itself but when it comes back on this is what I get:

NVIDIA BOOT AGENT 231.0528
COPYRIGHT......
COPYRIGHT......
PXE-E61: MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE
PXE-M0F: EXITING NVIDIA BOOT AGENT

Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Is there anyone who knows what this means and can help me out?? Its really much appreciated

Ive tried to boot it without pressing LOAD FAIL-SAFE DEFAULTS but it does the same thing..

If this is not in the right forum i apologize in advance..Thanks
Hi to all...I have started to build my first computer and I ran into a problem which I have no idea what to do. I have the MSI K9N PLATINUM motherboard with the NVIDIA nFORCE 570 Ultra chipset. So far I've only installed the cpu, video card, memory and made the proper power connections.So i decided to turn on the pc to make sure everything was going ok. It turned on fine with no problem. I went into BIOS and pressed LOAD FAIL-SAFE DEFAULTS and then I saved the changes and the computer goes to reboot itself but when it comes back on this is what I get:

COPYRIGHT......

COPYRIGHT......

Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Is there anyone who knows what this means and can help me out?? Its really much appreciated

Ive tried to boot it without pressing LOAD FAIL-SAFE DEFAULTS but it does the same thing..

Posted 11/23/2006 01:40 AM   
[quote name='Slim6801' date='Nov 23 2006, 02:40 AM']Hi to all...I have started to build my first computer and I ran into a problem which I have no idea what to do. I have the MSI K9N PLATINUM motherboard with the NVIDIA nFORCE 570 Ultra chipset.  So far I've only installed the cpu, video card, memory and made the proper power connections.So i decided to turn on the pc to make sure everything was going ok. It turned on fine with no problem. I went into BIOS and pressed LOAD FAIL-SAFE DEFAULTS and then I saved the changes and the computer goes to reboot itself but when it comes back on this is what I get:

COPYRIGHT......
COPYRIGHT......

[right][post="129215"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hello,
this kind of error usually means:
"Bring your PC where a tech knows where put the boot disk (usually the win XP CD or the Linux one)"
I guess this is not the proper forum where learn how to install Windows or Linux.

Again you should know how set the BIOS ehm... settings properly in order to achieve the best performance from the machine.
[quote name='Slim6801' date='Nov 23 2006, 02:40 AM']Hi to all...I have started to build my first computer and I ran into a problem which I have no idea what to do. I have the MSI K9N PLATINUM motherboard with the NVIDIA nFORCE 570 Ultra chipset.  So far I've only installed the cpu, video card, memory and made the proper power connections.So i decided to turn on the pc to make sure everything was going ok. It turned on fine with no problem. I went into BIOS and pressed LOAD FAIL-SAFE DEFAULTS and then I saved the changes and the computer goes to reboot itself but when it comes back on this is what I get:

COPYRIGHT......

COPYRIGHT......

[post="129215"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hello,

this kind of error usually means:

"Bring your PC where a tech knows where put the boot disk (usually the win XP CD or the Linux one)"

I guess this is not the proper forum where learn how to install Windows or Linux.

Again you should know how set the BIOS ehm... settings properly in order to achieve the best performance from the machine.

Hodie mihi, cras tibi

Posted 11/23/2006 10:04 AM   
Scroll To Top