New game profiles from nVIDIA... When and where....?
It seems like I submitted a post asking, "When new profiles for games/applications are available, will those profiles be available only when an updated driver comes out or can you get profile updates outside of the driver updates?" (was not familiar with nHancer.)

Seems, like a moderator answered that, updated/new profiles would only be release from nVIDIA via driver updates.

Okay, I now know about the profile editor nHancer (and prefer it over nVIDIA's profile editor). Anyway, I had played with a few of my profiles on my PC prior to installing nHancer and I wanted to "reset" them back to nVIDIA's preset settings. To do this I went to a PC I knew was running older drivers and updated the drivers to 93.71 (tonight 11/17). I then used nHancer to export ALL profiles so that I could then import the 'changed' profiles back into the PC on which I had changed the profiles - thus resetting them.

Upon importing all the profiles from the freshly installed 93.71 drivers, I discovered there were about 10-15 new profiles that had been added from the day the 93.71 drivers had initially been released (11/2) and I had initially installed them. (Just an example, I have no idea what it is: 'David Douillet Judo' is a new profile from 11/2 to 11/17 but the driver version is still 93.71.)

Questions:

1 - Is it a standard practice to slip new profiles into an existing driver version?
2 - Is there anyway to tell this has been done if I'm looking for a profile that I don't yet have? (a build version etc?)
3 - On nHancer's website there is a forum in which users can share profiles. Are nVIDIA profiles protected by copyright. Would it be illegal for me to upload the entire exported profile set as of 11/17 onto their website?

Just curious... /play_ball.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':playball:' />
It seems like I submitted a post asking, "When new profiles for games/applications are available, will those profiles be available only when an updated driver comes out or can you get profile updates outside of the driver updates?" (was not familiar with nHancer.)

Seems, like a moderator answered that, updated/new profiles would only be release from nVIDIA via driver updates.

Okay, I now know about the profile editor nHancer (and prefer it over nVIDIA's profile editor). Anyway, I had played with a few of my profiles on my PC prior to installing nHancer and I wanted to "reset" them back to nVIDIA's preset settings. To do this I went to a PC I knew was running older drivers and updated the drivers to 93.71 (tonight 11/17). I then used nHancer to export ALL profiles so that I could then import the 'changed' profiles back into the PC on which I had changed the profiles - thus resetting them.

Upon importing all the profiles from the freshly installed 93.71 drivers, I discovered there were about 10-15 new profiles that had been added from the day the 93.71 drivers had initially been released (11/2) and I had initially installed them. (Just an example, I have no idea what it is: 'David Douillet Judo' is a new profile from 11/2 to 11/17 but the driver version is still 93.71.)

Questions:

1 - Is it a standard practice to slip new profiles into an existing driver version?

2 - Is there anyway to tell this has been done if I'm looking for a profile that I don't yet have? (a build version etc?)

3 - On nHancer's website there is a forum in which users can share profiles. Are nVIDIA profiles protected by copyright. Would it be illegal for me to upload the entire exported profile set as of 11/17 onto their website?

Just curious... /play_ball.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':playball:' />

Posted 11/18/2006 05:35 AM   
theres usually a disclaimer (updated xx/xx/xxxx)

but, you know, you can just reimport the default driver profiles as nhancer backs up the default profiles on every first run on a new driver

they are in the nhaner folder
theres usually a disclaimer (updated xx/xx/xxxx)

but, you know, you can just reimport the default driver profiles as nhancer backs up the default profiles on every first run on a new driver

Posted 11/18/2006 06:00 AM   
[quote name='squall_leonhart' date='Nov 18 2006, 01:00 AM']theres usually a disclaimer (updated xx/xx/xxxx)

[right][post="128136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't really see a date on the current 93.71 drivers to show when the new profiles were added since 11/2. Even a text file would be nice that simply shows the profiles that are included. (SLiZone doen't list all the profiles either.) *shrug*

Yeah, I just wish there was a simple way to get updated profiles without having to jack with the drivers. I posted the same post on the SLiZone forums. I'm courious about he copyright laws too. I don't think they'd apply since the file is being created by nHancer, but I don't make it a habbit to break the law...

But I'm just yammering since I don't need a profile yet, but I'm sure the day will come. But I usually wait about 4-5 months for new games to come down in price before I buy 'em and I'm sure the profiles will be designed by then.
[quote name='squall_leonhart' date='Nov 18 2006, 01:00 AM']theres usually a disclaimer (updated xx/xx/xxxx)

[post="128136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't really see a date on the current 93.71 drivers to show when the new profiles were added since 11/2. Even a text file would be nice that simply shows the profiles that are included. (SLiZone doen't list all the profiles either.) *shrug*

Yeah, I just wish there was a simple way to get updated profiles without having to jack with the drivers. I posted the same post on the SLiZone forums. I'm courious about he copyright laws too. I don't think they'd apply since the file is being created by nHancer, but I don't make it a habbit to break the law...

But I'm just yammering since I don't need a profile yet, but I'm sure the day will come. But I usually wait about 4-5 months for new games to come down in price before I buy 'em and I'm sure the profiles will be designed by then.

Posted 11/18/2006 06:58 AM   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying that you messed up your original profiles and wanted to restore them right? Seems like a lot of work to restore them the way you did... why not use the control panel and REMOVE the nvidia video display driver, reboot, reinstall the driver and voilla, you will have all reset profiles. Then use nHancer if you wish. Personally I like my settings to stay the same for most games so I set them manually in the global settings.

Or am I missing something? :blink:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying that you messed up your original profiles and wanted to restore them right? Seems like a lot of work to restore them the way you did... why not use the control panel and REMOVE the nvidia video display driver, reboot, reinstall the driver and voilla, you will have all reset profiles. Then use nHancer if you wish. Personally I like my settings to stay the same for most games so I set them manually in the global settings.

AMD Athlon 4400+ X2 (Thermaltake - Blue Orb 2 HSF)
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI
2GB 400mhz D/C Kingston
2GB Sandisk U3 Cruzer (Vista ReadyBoost Cache)
Maxtor 6L300SO 300GB SETA 16MB
Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA-II 9MS 7200RPM 16MB
EVGA 8800GT 512MB
Creative 24bit 7.1
OKIA 600W PSU
-----------------------------
OS's: XP Pro X64 and Vista Ultimate X64

Posted 11/25/2006 02:28 PM   
[quote name='dlbme' date='Nov 25 2006, 09:28 AM']Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying that you messed up your original profiles and wanted to restore them right?  Seems like a lot of work to restore them the way you did... why not use the control panel and REMOVE the nvidia video display driver, reboot, reinstall the driver and voilla, you will have all reset profiles. Then use nHancer if you wish. Personally I like my settings to stay the same for most games so I set them manually in the global settings.

[right][post="129883"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yes and No.

Part of the question is Yes, how to reset profiles. The other part is that new profiles were added to the nVIDIA drivers with no update to the posting (version or date change). Therefore, if I ever get a brand new game and there is no profile for it, instead of trying ot create one, I want to check to see if it has been slid into the current driver download. I've discoverd, that I can't really run nVIDIA's drivers and need to run Dell's OEM drivers. So, I want to know how to get only the updated/new profiles out of the drivers, without installing the drivers.

If we were talking about the simply checkmarks like AA, and AF those are simply enough to figure out. But when it comes to SLi, there are those hidden "BIT" settings that nHANCER brings to the surface. I've discoverd with my games those bit settings are the key to the game running flawlessly on my quad SLi system.
[quote name='dlbme' date='Nov 25 2006, 09:28 AM']Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying that you messed up your original profiles and wanted to restore them right?  Seems like a lot of work to restore them the way you did... why not use the control panel and REMOVE the nvidia video display driver, reboot, reinstall the driver and voilla, you will have all reset profiles. Then use nHancer if you wish. Personally I like my settings to stay the same for most games so I set them manually in the global settings.

[post="129883"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes and No.

Part of the question is Yes, how to reset profiles. The other part is that new profiles were added to the nVIDIA drivers with no update to the posting (version or date change). Therefore, if I ever get a brand new game and there is no profile for it, instead of trying ot create one, I want to check to see if it has been slid into the current driver download. I've discoverd, that I can't really run nVIDIA's drivers and need to run Dell's OEM drivers. So, I want to know how to get only the updated/new profiles out of the drivers, without installing the drivers.

If we were talking about the simply checkmarks like AA, and AF those are simply enough to figure out. But when it comes to SLi, there are those hidden "BIT" settings that nHANCER brings to the surface. I've discoverd with my games those bit settings are the key to the game running flawlessly on my quad SLi system.

Posted 11/25/2006 08:33 PM   
Right on, thanks for explaining that. Sorry I cant help. That's a crapty dilema. That really sucks you cant use the new drivers as they come out.

I am still steering clear of SLI because of the problems. At almost exactly the same time I was thinking about going to 6800 SLI they came out with the 7800GTX, then when I thought about going to 7800GTX SLI they came out with the GX2. Imagine buying 2 $600+ cards to find that a month after they release a single card that is almost as good and less than $600 :angry: . I think I'll just stick with the single slot idea fer a while /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' /> .

Is it common that Del doesn't like the NVidia drivers? How often do they release an updated driver? There has got to be a way around that. If I hear anything I will let you know.

Good luck
Right on, thanks for explaining that. Sorry I cant help. That's a crapty dilema. That really sucks you cant use the new drivers as they come out.

I am still steering clear of SLI because of the problems. At almost exactly the same time I was thinking about going to 6800 SLI they came out with the 7800GTX, then when I thought about going to 7800GTX SLI they came out with the GX2. Imagine buying 2 $600+ cards to find that a month after they release a single card that is almost as good and less than $600 :angry: . I think I'll just stick with the single slot idea fer a while /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' /> .

Is it common that Del doesn't like the NVidia drivers? How often do they release an updated driver? There has got to be a way around that. If I hear anything I will let you know.

Good luck

AMD Athlon 4400+ X2 (Thermaltake - Blue Orb 2 HSF)
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI
2GB 400mhz D/C Kingston
2GB Sandisk U3 Cruzer (Vista ReadyBoost Cache)
Maxtor 6L300SO 300GB SETA 16MB
Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA-II 9MS 7200RPM 16MB
EVGA 8800GT 512MB
Creative 24bit 7.1
OKIA 600W PSU
-----------------------------
OS's: XP Pro X64 and Vista Ultimate X64

Posted 11/26/2006 02:41 AM   
Point and case -

I just installed the Medieval II: Toal War demo and there is no SLi profile for it. I wonder if one is built in the driver file on nVIDIA's site? I have 93.71 installed on another PC from a few weeks ago, but there is no profile for it in there, but they coud have slipped a profile for M2:TW into the download in the past few weeks.

I created my own profile by copying the Medieval 1 profile and enabling AFR (the Medieval 1 profile had bit '1' set so I used that profile assuming M2:TW would run close to the same engine.) All this done with nHancer since I can't get to the bits in nVIDIA's profile editor.

But without the correct bit setting who knows when/if the game will crash.

I guess I'll have to download the drivers again to see if one is there now.

Really wish they'd put game profiles insisde [b]and [/b]outside the driver files so new profiles could be downloaded ala carte.
Point and case -

I just installed the Medieval II: Toal War demo and there is no SLi profile for it. I wonder if one is built in the driver file on nVIDIA's site? I have 93.71 installed on another PC from a few weeks ago, but there is no profile for it in there, but they coud have slipped a profile for M2:TW into the download in the past few weeks.

I created my own profile by copying the Medieval 1 profile and enabling AFR (the Medieval 1 profile had bit '1' set so I used that profile assuming M2:TW would run close to the same engine.) All this done with nHancer since I can't get to the bits in nVIDIA's profile editor.

But without the correct bit setting who knows when/if the game will crash.

I guess I'll have to download the drivers again to see if one is there now.

Really wish they'd put game profiles insisde and outside the driver files so new profiles could be downloaded ala carte.

Posted 12/01/2006 01:11 PM   
Scroll To Top