Getting Games To Play On 2nd Display Only?
How do i go about getting games to display on my 2nd display (HDTV) only without displaying on my primary display?
How do i go about getting games to display on my 2nd display (HDTV) only without displaying on my primary display?

Posted 11/04/2006 08:58 AM   
Anyone?
Anyone?

Posted 11/05/2006 11:29 PM   
[quote name='lettuce' date='Nov 5 2006, 06:29 PM']Anyone?
[right][post="125223"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

In your Nvidia control panel under display settings set your HDTV to the primary display. That should help you out with playing games full screen on your TV.
[quote name='lettuce' date='Nov 5 2006, 06:29 PM']Anyone?

[post="125223"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

In your Nvidia control panel under display settings set your HDTV to the primary display. That should help you out with playing games full screen on your TV.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 3.3ghz, Asus P5W Deluxe Mobo, 8192mb Mushkin DDR2, EVGA GF8800GTX, Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer Soundcard, Diamondmax 10 300gb HD, 2x Diamondmax Maxline III 250gb, OCZ GameXStream 700W PS

Posted 11/05/2006 11:44 PM   
[quote name='evil' date='Nov 6 2006, 12:44 AM']In your Nvidia control panel under display settings set your HDTV to the primary display. That should help you out with playing games full screen on your TV.
[right][post="125224"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah but if i have my HDTV as my primary display, then my active desktop shall be on the HDTV and not my Dell monitor. There must be a way to get games to display on the 2nd display only, i can get media player, and explorer windows to open up on the 2nd display only but not games. When i try and set it up to get a game to display on the 2nd display, it loads the game but the wallpaper on the desktop displayed on my Samsung HDTV shrinks insize, well it doesnt shrink it changes aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 (which is what NFS carbon's screen ratio is) but it never actually displays the game, but on my Dell's display it does display the game. Its as if the game is running but the wallpaper is over the top of the game
[quote name='evil' date='Nov 6 2006, 12:44 AM']In your Nvidia control panel under display settings set your HDTV to the primary display. That should help you out with playing games full screen on your TV.

[post="125224"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah but if i have my HDTV as my primary display, then my active desktop shall be on the HDTV and not my Dell monitor. There must be a way to get games to display on the 2nd display only, i can get media player, and explorer windows to open up on the 2nd display only but not games. When i try and set it up to get a game to display on the 2nd display, it loads the game but the wallpaper on the desktop displayed on my Samsung HDTV shrinks insize, well it doesnt shrink it changes aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 (which is what NFS carbon's screen ratio is) but it never actually displays the game, but on my Dell's display it does display the game. Its as if the game is running but the wallpaper is over the top of the game

Posted 11/12/2006 12:56 AM   
[quote name='lettuce' date='Nov 11 2006, 07:56 PM']Yeah but if i have my HDTV as my primary display, then my active desktop shall be on the HDTV and not my Dell monitor. There must be a way to get games to display on the 2nd display only, i can get media player, and explorer windows to open up on the 2nd display only but not games. When i try and set it up to get a game to display on the 2nd display, it loads the game but the wallpaper on the desktop displayed on my Samsung HDTV shrinks insize, well it doesnt shrink it changes aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 (which is what NFS carbon's screen ratio is) but it never actually displays the game, but on my Dell's display it does display the game. Its as if the game is running but the wallpaper is over the top of the game
[right][post="126671"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

In your control panel, hopefully you are using Nvidia's newest control panel you can set your TV to display one by simply changing the way your displays are set up. You can change the TV to display one and the other monitor as your second display.
[quote name='lettuce' date='Nov 11 2006, 07:56 PM']Yeah but if i have my HDTV as my primary display, then my active desktop shall be on the HDTV and not my Dell monitor. There must be a way to get games to display on the 2nd display only, i can get media player, and explorer windows to open up on the 2nd display only but not games. When i try and set it up to get a game to display on the 2nd display, it loads the game but the wallpaper on the desktop displayed on my Samsung HDTV shrinks insize, well it doesnt shrink it changes aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 (which is what NFS carbon's screen ratio is) but it never actually displays the game, but on my Dell's display it does display the game. Its as if the game is running but the wallpaper is over the top of the game

[post="126671"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

In your control panel, hopefully you are using Nvidia's newest control panel you can set your TV to display one by simply changing the way your displays are set up. You can change the TV to display one and the other monitor as your second display.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 3.3ghz, Asus P5W Deluxe Mobo, 8192mb Mushkin DDR2, EVGA GF8800GTX, Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer Soundcard, Diamondmax 10 300gb HD, 2x Diamondmax Maxline III 250gb, OCZ GameXStream 700W PS

Posted 11/12/2006 03:25 AM   
Thats how i do have it setup! Anyway just found out that its a know problem with Windows XP, that it cant display 3d accelerated apps on the 2nd display dievice. Hopefully Vista wont have this problem!?
Thats how i do have it setup! Anyway just found out that its a know problem with Windows XP, that it cant display 3d accelerated apps on the 2nd display dievice. Hopefully Vista wont have this problem!?

Posted 11/12/2006 06:32 PM   
i know what you mean, i have the same desire here. please read before you offer any solutions.

what we're trying to do is to double click on a game and get it to launch in the second display only, while the primary display is left on windows.

anyone can just switch the primary display to the television, but thats not what we want.

the ideal scenario would be to be able to launch a game in the secondary display and have windows still functional on the primary display. sort of like playing a video on a secondary display and web browsing on the primary display is a standard feature on all video cards now.
i know what you mean, i have the same desire here. please read before you offer any solutions.

what we're trying to do is to double click on a game and get it to launch in the second display only, while the primary display is left on windows.

anyone can just switch the primary display to the television, but thats not what we want.

the ideal scenario would be to be able to launch a game in the secondary display and have windows still functional on the primary display. sort of like playing a video on a secondary display and web browsing on the primary display is a standard feature on all video cards now.

Posted 01/04/2007 11:33 AM   
[quote name='favian' date='Jan 4 2007, 06:33 AM']i know what you mean, i have the same desire here. please read before you offer any solutions.

[right][snapback]141840[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You can't do that with any videocard on the market. The primary display is always used for videogames, even on ATI's hardware and Sabre's etc.
[quote name='favian' date='Jan 4 2007, 06:33 AM']i know what you mean, i have the same desire here. please read before you offer any solutions.

[snapback]141840[/snapback]

You can't do that with any videocard on the market. The primary display is always used for videogames, even on ATI's hardware and Sabre's etc.

Posted 01/04/2007 04:34 PM   
i couldn't on a secondary display, but set my HDTV as primary display. i used the nvidia software. using the nvidia desktop management in control panel, opened windows tab and selected "open windows on" and selected the secondary display (my pc monitor) also selected "prevent windows opening off screen. i now run my pc screen for all applications and my HDTV runs my games. only downside is mouse and keyboard only run with game and other pc display remains idle with no operations able to be performed.
i couldn't on a secondary display, but set my HDTV as primary display. i used the nvidia software. using the nvidia desktop management in control panel, opened windows tab and selected "open windows on" and selected the secondary display (my pc monitor) also selected "prevent windows opening off screen. i now run my pc screen for all applications and my HDTV runs my games. only downside is mouse and keyboard only run with game and other pc display remains idle with no operations able to be performed.

Posted 11/03/2007 01:40 PM   
I suggest you take up the matter with the game developers. IMHO which monitor the game uses needs to be set within the game itself, if that is the functionality you want. Otherwise, the game will simply use the default/primary display. Media players, explorer, office apps etc. use the OS to route their windows to the display, so the OS is able to steer the output to the desired display. 3D games on the other hand tend to bypass the OS and interact directly with the graphics hardware, hence your problem.
I suggest you take up the matter with the game developers. IMHO which monitor the game uses needs to be set within the game itself, if that is the functionality you want. Otherwise, the game will simply use the default/primary display. Media players, explorer, office apps etc. use the OS to route their windows to the display, so the OS is able to steer the output to the desired display. 3D games on the other hand tend to bypass the OS and interact directly with the graphics hardware, hence your problem.

Posted 11/04/2007 04:52 PM   
Scroll To Top