emagin z800's for sale
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I am selling my emagin's in favor of a passive projection system. They are in great shape, and have a nice long USB and VGA cable. I am asking $480 for them. Please PM me if you would like some pictures or are interested.
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I am selling my emagin's in favor of a passive projection system. They are in great shape, and have a nice long USB and VGA cable. I am asking $480 for them. Please PM me if you would like some pictures or are interested.

Posted 11/01/2006 04:21 PM   
Hello mate,

Have you tried a passive system and feel that it is better?

Can I ask you to compare? I believe very many of us would like a comparison.

I would have thought that since with the passive system, you only get ~25% of the light and you still get ghosting, z800 would be much better.

I had z800 and felt it was better than my active stereo ptojector setup which didn't even have ghosting.

Please elaborate? :)

Thank You :P
Hello mate,

I would have thought that since with the passive system, you only get ~25% of the light and you still get ghosting, z800 would be much better.

I had z800 and felt it was better than my active stereo ptojector setup which didn't even have ghosting.

i7 920 @ 4GHz, Asus P6T Deluxe V2, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX 670 4GB SLI @ +17% OC, Quad-SSD RevoDrive3 x2 240GB, 10x 15Krpm U320 SCSI RAID0 @ PCIe x4, Modded X-Fi, Dual 1000W PSUs, 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE, Sennheiser HD650, 2x Revelators, 2x ED glasses, 2x nVidia 3D Vision, DLP Link PGD-150, with CRT, 3D Projector, and iZ3D Monitor.

Posted 11/01/2006 04:38 PM   
[quote name='RAGEdemon' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:38 AM']Hello mate,

[right][post="124205"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sure thing.

I spent a huge amount of money for this passive projection system. I purchased two 1080p DLP projectors to run each visual channel, and The projectors each run at 1200 lumins, light loss is not an issue anymore :). I then went to 3M and had them custom make circular polarized filters encased in 1" of glass for each projector ($3500 and alot of lying, something about this being a university project :P) and then had the plain matched film set into a pair of old reading glasses. I also went to a local film/stage supply store and contacted them to frame and paint a silver screen of IMAX quality on my wall in the basement. All together I have spent 11k on this system. You can barely see some ghosting when you have a very bright object against a dark background, but it's so minimal you hardly see it.
[quote name='RAGEdemon' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:38 AM']Hello mate,

[post="124205"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sure thing.

I spent a huge amount of money for this passive projection system. I purchased two 1080p DLP projectors to run each visual channel, and The projectors each run at 1200 lumins, light loss is not an issue anymore :). I then went to 3M and had them custom make circular polarized filters encased in 1" of glass for each projector ($3500 and alot of lying, something about this being a university project :P) and then had the plain matched film set into a pair of old reading glasses. I also went to a local film/stage supply store and contacted them to frame and paint a silver screen of IMAX quality on my wall in the basement. All together I have spent 11k on this system. You can barely see some ghosting when you have a very bright object against a dark background, but it's so minimal you hardly see it.

Posted 11/01/2006 05:08 PM   
It sounds like a top notch system mate. Exellent stuff :)

How is the image quality and imersion?

It must look absolutely fantastic? :)
It sounds like a top notch system mate. Exellent stuff :)

i7 920 @ 4GHz, Asus P6T Deluxe V2, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX 670 4GB SLI @ +17% OC, Quad-SSD RevoDrive3 x2 240GB, 10x 15Krpm U320 SCSI RAID0 @ PCIe x4, Modded X-Fi, Dual 1000W PSUs, 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE, Sennheiser HD650, 2x Revelators, 2x ED glasses, 2x nVidia 3D Vision, DLP Link PGD-150, with CRT, 3D Projector, and iZ3D Monitor.

Posted 11/01/2006 05:30 PM   
[quote name='RAGEdemon' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:30 AM']It sounds like a top notch system mate. Exellent stuff :)

[right][post="124220"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Oh yes, the image quality is great. I have a gforce 7900 glx 512 powering it. Aside from the standard problems with certain games, the ones that do work are quite breathtaking. It's a 168" screen painted on the wall, so the immersion is amazing. With proper settings in world of warcraft, it really looks like the ground has changed :) people who are close to the screen feel like they are actually stepping into the game. (at least thats what they say!). I will be paying this off for a few years... but it's apart of a home renavation. I'll get some pictures. it's a full theatre too, I have a bluray player hooked up to the primary projector for standard moves, as well as a full bose 8.2 surround sound system. That room cost me a total of 67k to build... thank god for refinancing and rising housing costs!
[quote name='RAGEdemon' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:30 AM']It sounds like a top notch system mate. Exellent stuff :)

[post="124220"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh yes, the image quality is great. I have a gforce 7900 glx 512 powering it. Aside from the standard problems with certain games, the ones that do work are quite breathtaking. It's a 168" screen painted on the wall, so the immersion is amazing. With proper settings in world of warcraft, it really looks like the ground has changed :) people who are close to the screen feel like they are actually stepping into the game. (at least thats what they say!). I will be paying this off for a few years... but it's apart of a home renavation. I'll get some pictures. it's a full theatre too, I have a bluray player hooked up to the primary projector for standard moves, as well as a full bose 8.2 surround sound system. That room cost me a total of 67k to build... thank god for refinancing and rising housing costs!

Posted 11/01/2006 07:04 PM   
Your setup sounds amazing mate. Please keep us posted, and best of luck with it :)
Your setup sounds amazing mate. Please keep us posted, and best of luck with it :)

Posted 11/01/2006 09:32 PM   
Wow, sounds great. Can I come over and stay a few months. When you say Z800's do you mean 2 of them? I'm looking for one but $480 is a little steep.
Wow, sounds great. Can I come over and stay a few months. When you say Z800's do you mean 2 of them? I'm looking for one but $480 is a little steep.

Posted 11/01/2006 11:00 PM   
[quote name='ohgrant' date='Nov 1 2006, 04:00 PM']Wow, sounds great. Can I come over and stay a few months. When you say Z800's do you mean 2 of them? I'm looking for one but $480 is a little steep.
[right][post="124280"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Everything in life is negotiable! Give me a PM with an offer and I'll take it into consideration. Would you like pictures of the unit?
[quote name='ohgrant' date='Nov 1 2006, 04:00 PM']Wow, sounds great. Can I come over and stay a few months. When you say Z800's do you mean 2 of them? I'm looking for one but $480 is a little steep.

[post="124280"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Everything in life is negotiable! Give me a PM with an offer and I'll take it into consideration. Would you like pictures of the unit?

Posted 11/01/2006 11:48 PM   
[quote]I had z800 and felt it was better than my active stereo ptojector setup which didn't even have ghosting.[/quote]

This is good to hear, there are mixed reviews on these and I was wondering if the 800x600 max resolution was a problem.

[quote]Everything in life is negotiable! Give me a PM with an offer and I'll take it into consideration. Would you like pictures of the unit?[/quote]

Never can see to many pics of the z800. Did you find the 800x600 limitation to be a problem? How much better is it then a CRT with shutterglasses at 1152x864? Sorry so many questions.

This is good to hear, there are mixed reviews on these and I was wondering if the 800x600 max resolution was a problem.

Never can see to many pics of the z800. Did you find the 800x600 limitation to be a problem? How much better is it then a CRT with shutterglasses at 1152x864? Sorry so many questions.

Posted 11/03/2006 09:07 PM   
Scroll To Top