Quadro FX Go 1400 Is this video card an unsupported model?
Why am I having problems finding up to date drivers for this video card in my Alienware Notebook on the nVidia website?

I'm having problems with training video files downloaded from www.learnvisualstudio.net. The videos play back fine for a while but then the display becomes garbled with parts of images from previous frames mixed in with images from the current frame.

I use Windows Media Player 10 and codecs are updated and installed on my notebook. These videos play fine on my Tower PC with GeForce FX 7800GTX, so it's not a problem with encoding of the video files from that site. Only on my Alienware Notebook with a Quadro FX Go 1400 is this an issue.

I downloaded the Alienware drivers for this card but the latest version from there shows as 7.6.5.0, with a release date of 2005.

Just why is there no support for this card on the actual nVidia website?

Also annoying is the confusion for new users that a Quadro FX 1400 (as listed on the nVidia website) and a Quadro FX Go 1400 are two different models. nVidia (and ATI come to think of it) need to stop this crazy urge to split their range of cards into innumerable versions. If they insist on doing so, then they need to use model names names that are TOTALLY different from each other to avoid confusion.

I tried downloading the Quardo FX 1400 compatible ddriver from nVidia's website and when I run it, I get an error saying it's incompatible with my Quardo FX Go 1400. With no sign of specific Quadro FX Go 1400 drivers on the nVidia website, how is a new user expected to realise that the Quardo FX 1400 is not actually a catch-all description for all 1400 models?

Is the Quadro FX Go 1400 simply not supported by nVidia now? Has Alienware lumped me with a piece of video hardware that will likely be an endless source of problems now that regularly updated drivers for this card are no longer being produced?
Why am I having problems finding up to date drivers for this video card in my Alienware Notebook on the nVidia website?

I'm having problems with training video files downloaded from www.learnvisualstudio.net. The videos play back fine for a while but then the display becomes garbled with parts of images from previous frames mixed in with images from the current frame.

I use Windows Media Player 10 and codecs are updated and installed on my notebook. These videos play fine on my Tower PC with GeForce FX 7800GTX, so it's not a problem with encoding of the video files from that site. Only on my Alienware Notebook with a Quadro FX Go 1400 is this an issue.

I downloaded the Alienware drivers for this card but the latest version from there shows as 7.6.5.0, with a release date of 2005.

Just why is there no support for this card on the actual nVidia website?

Also annoying is the confusion for new users that a Quadro FX 1400 (as listed on the nVidia website) and a Quadro FX Go 1400 are two different models. nVidia (and ATI come to think of it) need to stop this crazy urge to split their range of cards into innumerable versions. If they insist on doing so, then they need to use model names names that are TOTALLY different from each other to avoid confusion.

I tried downloading the Quardo FX 1400 compatible ddriver from nVidia's website and when I run it, I get an error saying it's incompatible with my Quardo FX Go 1400. With no sign of specific Quadro FX Go 1400 drivers on the nVidia website, how is a new user expected to realise that the Quardo FX 1400 is not actually a catch-all description for all 1400 models?

Is the Quadro FX Go 1400 simply not supported by nVidia now? Has Alienware lumped me with a piece of video hardware that will likely be an endless source of problems now that regularly updated drivers for this card are no longer being produced?

Posted 10/16/2006 02:32 PM   
Scroll To Top