ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe 1.02 Motherboard
AMD X2 3800+
4 x 256mb DDR
4 x Hard Drives
Geforce 7600 GS
3 x WinTV PVR
DVD+RW

Now...here's my problem.

I can connect wirelessly with a Netgear WG111 just fine. Everything works, it stays connected (at least for a few days) fine.

Recently we got wired in my house, and i've been having massive problems with the on-board LAN ports of the board. It comes with an Nvidia & a Marvell Yukon LAN port, and both are giving me such headaches. It takes a while to pick up the IP...sometimes it will pick it up but then the internet doesn't work....and the most bizarre...

It will be working briefly, then if I'm streaming something from it or connected remotely, it will just randomly shut down. No error message, no blue screen, just bam, shuts down.

I connect wirelessly & everything's fine...the problem ONLY happens with the LAN.

Things I've tried:
- Reinstalling NVidia Forceware
- Installing Marvell Yukon drivers from their website
- Disabling one or the other
- Different cables

Any ideas?
Here are my system specs:

Antec NeoHE 550

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe 1.02 Motherboard

AMD X2 3800+

4 x 256mb DDR

4 x Hard Drives

Geforce 7600 GS

3 x WinTV PVR

DVD+RW

Now...here's my problem.

I can connect wirelessly with a Netgear WG111 just fine. Everything works, it stays connected (at least for a few days) fine.

Recently we got wired in my house, and i've been having massive problems with the on-board LAN ports of the board. It comes with an Nvidia & a Marvell Yukon LAN port, and both are giving me such headaches. It takes a while to pick up the IP...sometimes it will pick it up but then the internet doesn't work....and the most bizarre...

It will be working briefly, then if I'm streaming something from it or connected remotely, it will just randomly shut down. No error message, no blue screen, just bam, shuts down.

I connect wirelessly & everything's fine...the problem ONLY happens with the LAN.

Things I've tried:

- Reinstalling NVidia Forceware

- Installing Marvell Yukon drivers from their website

- Disabling one or the other

- Different cables

Any ideas?

Posted 09/21/2006 03:17 PM   
Scroll To Top